• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Have you had any luck with the GTS negotiations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Star Champion AJ

I started doing the Negotiation thingie this week, since I had over 500 Seen Pokédex Pages and I decided to fill it.

Lucky:
Managed to get some starters from previous Generations like Charmander, Squirtle and Chimchar and got some extra Pokémon via normal GTS
Traded a spare Regice I had for a Groudon
Obtained a Lv100 Shiny Pelipper (and I'm not a Shiny Collector/Hunt btw)

Unlucky:
People are so dumb that they don't notice I want certain Pokémon when I show other Pokémon...
1: If you see somebody showing a Thundurus, it's because they want a Tornadus (that one is from White since from that game I only have a Thundurus)
2: If you see somebody showing a Regice, it's because they need a Registeel.
3: If you see somebody showing a Latias, it's because they require a Latios.
I get communication errors more often than the normal GTS
Lots of disconnections when they don't see the Pokémon they want (I'm also included)

Last edited:

SpeedDeoxys

Am I wrong here?
This was a funny trade:

After I catched Latios, I searched him at the GTS. I found a guy who had a Lv72 Latios and I traded him my Lv68 Latios. A few days later, I found a guy who had a Lv80 Latios and I traded him my Lv72 Latios. 14 levels by just trading!

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I've had pretty good luck using it to fill up my Pokedex. Usually, if you breed up a batch of starters or other rare/ desirable Pokemon (such as Spiritomb), people will offer up all sorts of stuff for them. When I am connected with a Japanese partner, the process is expedited even more, as many will show you all sorts of Pokemon from previous generations (which are among the most annoying to get in the original Black/ White). So for common Pokemon, at least, it's quite useful.

On the flip side--and someone mentioned this previously--I've found that there are a number of people who simply select three random Pokemon with no regard to what you actually want. I've had more than a few people immediately offer Charmander, Bulbasaur, and Squirtle, as if everyone, everywhere, wants them.

Then there are the people who are convinced that you'll trade away a legendary for a common Pokemon, no matter what expression you give them. This actually happened to me as recently as the other day. First I put up a Lugia, which they affirmed they wanted. Then, they put up a Ho-oh, which I, in turn, expressed an interest in. After we both seemed to agree, I confirmed my selection, then waited. Then they suddenly took down the Ho-oh and selected a Deerling in its place. The whole process repeated itself several more times--even though I kept telling them I wanted to do Ho-oh for Lugia, and not their Deerling--until I finally got fed up with it all and disconnected. A while back someone else thought I'd go along with a Magnemite-for-Mesprit trade.

Lucky on the starters -- I haven't had that kind of luck in there recently :(. Had the previous happen as well... I try to put up decent stuff, but a lot of folks don't want it, and it leaves me frustrated.

Agreed. Saw a lot of that on the GTS too. It's one thing to ask for a rare for a Ditto, but it's another thing when it's asking for a rare with a common.

Emily101

Froakie Trainer
I don't like the GTS or GTS negotiations at all. Too many hacked pokemon.

Earendil

Lucky on the starters -- I haven't had that kind of luck in there recently :(. Had the previous happen as well... I try to put up decent stuff, but a lot of folks don't want it, and it leaves me frustrated.

Agreed. Saw a lot of that on the GTS too. It's one thing to ask for a rare for a Ditto, but it's another thing when it's asking for a rare with a common.

With regard to your second comment, it's even more annoying when people try to pull a bait 'n' switch. There actually seems to be a substantial body of people that think they can get you locked into a trade of their choosing (once they get you to confirm your own selection first). After an agreement is seemingly reached via smilies, I usually select a given Pokemon to emphasize my sincerity. However, after that act, more than a few people have tried to quickly substitute a common Pokemon for their own selection. It happened to me again the other day- we seemed to be in complete agreement about trading an Articuno for a Latios, but then they threw up an Unown at the last second, seconds after the point at which I could pull down my legendary. I mean, really?

Other people appear to jump for joy at the sight of a legendary from a previous generation, but then they'll go and offer stuff like Boldore, Bibarel, and Tranquil for it... needless to say, I'm not usually feeling that generous.

I also dislike the people who go on there with absolutely no intention of trading. I'll select a few Pokemon on my end, but then they'll go and show off an entire PC box's worth of shinies. Yesterday someone else seemed to take great pride in their collection of common, Master Ball-caught Pokemon (I really don't know why), enough so that they exhibited a dozen to me before I got fed up and disconnected.

Finally, as my last complaint, I cannot usually find any common ground with people that have hundreds of trades under their belt. Typically they only want shinies, which aren't exactly common enough for me to have a stockpile of.

I don't like the GTS or GTS negotiations at all. Too many hacked pokemon.

My own solution for that is to simply look only for Pokedex fillers. Usually it's not worth it to hack a common Pokemon that is easily catchable in one of the games, past or present, so most people seem not to. You only really run into problems when you start looking for certain legendaries or shinies.

Last edited:

Star Champion AJ

Finally, as my last complaint, I cannot usually find any common ground with people that have hundreds of trades under their belt. Typically they only want shinies, which aren't exactly common enough for me to have a stockpile of.

My own solution for that is to simply look only for Pokedex fillers. You only really run into problems when you start looking for certain legendaries or shinies.

That is not completely true since I have at least 200 trades in my White 2 and I don't care that much about shinies. I just want the Regional Starters and some Legendaries (Latios and Registeel for example), no more, no less.

Last edited:

Earendil

That is not completely true since I have at least 200 trades in my White 2 and I don't care that much about shinies. I just want the Regional Starters and some Legendaries (Latios and Registeel for example), no more, no less.

I wish I could find more people like you, then! More often than not, when I run into someone with many hundreds of trades, I can't seem to come up with anything that they express an interest in. Ocassionally I'll get a person that's happy to trade me bred stuff for virtually anything, but that does not happen very frequently.

Firebrand

Indomitable
I've had a few decent trades over Negotiations, but on the whole my experience has been what most people have expressed in the thread. Personally, I think that if there was a better way of communication established outside of the four emoticons, trades would be a lot easier. If the same tool used to put slogans on trainer cards and use "chat" in the Union room was put into negotiations, it would make trades a lot easier. Instead of people spamming the sad face, they could actually put what they want in the little chat box, using the phrases supplied by the game. "Oh no, not that!" "Please trade, I want Tepig", etc.

lavulin

I like GTS negociation. Most of the times I was verry happy. I got starters from previous generations... and the strangest trade I made was with a guy that wanted an Espeon. I gaved him the Pokemon and he gaved me a Haxorus. I was like " Are you serious? It's... It's... It's just an special Eevee!" XD
I wish I could talk with the poeple there, to tell them that I'm not intrested in high level Pokemons. Most of the times when I go there I'm searching for starters or any Pokemon to complete my Pokedex or is very cute, since I don't battle online and I train my favorite ones. :)
But overall I really like GTS negociations.

Cheez Puf

Just lurking.
It's hit and miss for me, mostly miss. I've got 3 generations of games to pull pokemon from, so it's not really all that useful to me.

cibir

Quick question-- how does one tell if it's hacked? Is there a resource somewhere that I should already know about?

Just curious because I got a landorus and it was AWFUL

Well, my luck varies greatly on negotiations. But i have had one or two greatly lucky trades.

Well, i was looking a thudurus as i had the original black so i could take it with tornadus to the abudant shrine to obtain landorus. I had a few treeckos spare from my mm so i took them to try my luck on the gts. But all the thundurus required hacks e.g. Lv.9 and under Zeckroms. So i went to negotiations and the first trainer had a thundurus. And even better! She took a treecko for it. One of my luckier trades. Also got a shiny ditto for a snivy.

Myrrh

I've not had anything worthwhile to mention. When I first learned to RNG i cloned a bunch of my pokemon to offer them for fun. I got a few shiny pokemon, some were hacked and I didn't really care for the rest. Some still sit in my box to this day, I'll likely release them soon. I might do it again though so that I can build up my Join Avenue.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
I hadn't gotten any luck since last year. I once had a shiny buizel for a dragon dance Totodile (that I was breeding atm)

lavulin

You can tell from the pokeball and also the lvl. For example somebody offered me a lvl 30 Volcanora. It's imposbile to be legite because Larvesta evolves at lvl 59. Other then that, if it's just too good maybe it's hacked because let's be serious. I wouldn't trade my legite shiny for some normal pokemons. :)

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
I don't always negotiate within the GTS.

But when I do, people request for impossible Pokemon.

N(emesis)

All i know is GTS Nego. got me a spirit bomb so i love it.

the ash man83

Avid TCG Fan
I found someone yesterday who offered me two Porygon-Z's, both lvl 100 and shiny and both caught in Masterballs. He also offered me a shiny Ho-oh, lvl 100 and caught in a Masterball. I was debating trading with him, but then he put up a shiny Latios caught in a Masterball... lvl 1! Yeah, I logged out then.

On a more positive side, I've recently been finding it quite easy to find Dream Ball pokes, especially females, mainly from Dream Radar. The normal GTS is a treasure trove of Dream Radar pokes if you know where to look as well.

Ausgirl

I only use the gts to get version exclusives and Japanese pokemon for RNG projects. Most of the people there suck. However I find that when I put a pokemon up on the gts and ask for a reasonable pokemon in return, then I generally get what I want within 24 hours. So I guess you can call that luck...

Status
Not open for further replies.