• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Have you had any luck with the GTS negotiations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenMagikarp

I AM ERROR
I traded a regular Mismagnius for a Reshiram on the GTS negotations. Then I traded that Reshiram for a shiny Onix.

TherianForm

King of TM87
I traded like a Altaria I just caught for a shiny Suddowoodo :)

M.Oreo

all hax or no hax.
i got my first shiny and i only traded a normal ferrothorn. it was also a sf and i relied on it, and it was a key part of my team. it was haxorus.

I've had load of luck on GTS negotiations i't how i got lvl 100 reshiram,zekrom, rayquaza arceus i even got a lvl 74 kyurem with pokerus. I have GOOD luck!

FireEmblemAddict

運命なんか死人の言い訳だ
I had great luck with GTS negotiations today! I traded a Rayquaza to someone for a shiny Staryu~. I have 4 more Rayquazas on White 2 so it's definitely a fine trade. The Staryu is probably cloned but maybe not. It looks legit, and that's all I care about~.

GoldenMagikarp

I AM ERROR
I just got a shiny flawless fully EV trained Gigalith for a shiny Nature sanctuary Haxorus that I got from the GTS. Bold isn't the best nature for a Gigalith, but it's still pretty awesome, and it looks great as a shiny. It's also the first time I get a SF pokemon from the GTS.

Thecatteam

I've used negotiations twice in order to fill my 'dex--both were very frustrating, and only one came through.

First I needed a torchic, but I had the other hoenn starters, so I changed my trainer card to "Want WATER? Give FIRE!" (or something like that), and, when the trade started, I would put up mudkip and treeko and show two happy faces and a sad face, indicating that I was happy with the starters I had, but sad that I didn't have a torchic. After zero luck with that (some people understood what I wanted but didn't have torchic, others, often with full boxes, just kept showing off their shinies), I rearranged seven of my boxes to spell "torchic" and repeated the same thing. After a good long while, somebody finally had a torchic, but wanted a legendary for it just to be mean. Stupid. I ended up getting it from one of my friends...

The second pokemon I needed was vullaby; I changed my card to "need POWER SWAP" (or something like that, again), and showed my rufflet and braviary, in hopes the other party would understand that I needed their Black Version counterparts. I had no luck for a while, but finally someone (who had shown off their shinies at the beginning) understood what I wanted and traded their vullaby for my braviary.

Moral: sometimes people who show off are helpful, sometimes not.

yourstrulystevo

All Im trying to do is trade my kadabra and get it back but its hard to get anything going because im a noob at this.. i just want an alakazam..

GoldenMagikarp

I AM ERROR

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
I've used negotiations twice in order to fill my 'dex--both were very frustrating, and only one came through.

First I needed a torchic, but I had the other hoenn starters, so I changed my trainer card to "Want WATER? Give FIRE!" (or something like that), and, when the trade started, I would put up mudkip and treeko and show two happy faces and a sad face, indicating that I was happy with the starters I had, but sad that I didn't have a torchic. After zero luck with that (some people understood what I wanted but didn't have torchic, others, often with full boxes, just kept showing off their shinies), I rearranged seven of my boxes to spell "torchic" and repeated the same thing. After a good long while, somebody finally had a torchic, but wanted a legendary for it just to be mean. Stupid. I ended up getting it from one of my friends...

The second pokemon I needed was vullaby; I changed my card to "need POWER SWAP" (or something like that, again), and showed my rufflet and braviary, in hopes the other party would understand that I needed their Black Version counterparts. I had no luck for a while, but finally someone (who had shown off their shinies at the beginning) understood what I wanted and traded their vullaby for my braviary.

Moral: sometimes people who show off are helpful, sometimes not.

If you want starters, the best way to go about is to put: "Want to trade [type]? Here's a hint: [ability]". Only starter Pokemon (and the monkeys) have Overgrow, Torrent or Blaze, and so by putting that most people will understand what you're asking for. Generally it's best to use a signature move or an ability if it's a rare one.

I would like to ask, though, how would someone ask for Pokerus?

Arvis

it takes a while to find serious traders, but you find them eventually. i traded a karablast for a shelmet and vice versa to complete my pokedex.

tristanrox8

Epic Guy
Epic Guy!

I met this awesome guy, where we traded our shinies, like i gave my shiny dragonite for his shiny kingdra, and stuff like that :D Then i get guys where i give my shiny munna or something and my shiny lanturn and they try and give me pokemon like regular roggenrola, and machop and even at one point. A magikarp.

Ausgirl

I tried it briefly for my join avenue but I found that it takes too long to set up a trade and the people there disconnect all the time. If I ever need to trade for something I just stick to the regular gts.

Pikafleg

Twenty-Six!
I've met a HUGE variety of people, from those with a ton of legendaries to those who only offer the weakest pokemon. There are also those annoying people who just choose three pokemon and confirm it without, um, i don't know, NEGOTIATING!!!!!! lol yeah.....and similarly some who just keep giving you a smile face when you clearly don't want to make the trade but they do....then there was this one weird guy who started giving me a ton of hearts before I even offered a single pokemon......creepy. lol.

McNugget

The Bassist
If you mention color change on your trainer card greeting they usually know you wanna trade shinies, so I've gotten like 5 shinies from it....
Anything is better than seeing WANTED: ZEKROM LV. 9 OR UNDER.

Rakurai

I've managed to get most of the starter Pokemon from across the different generations by simply offering the fifth gen starters.

Earendil

I've had pretty good luck using it to fill up my Pokedex. Usually, if you breed up a batch of starters or other rare/ desirable Pokemon (such as Spiritomb), people will offer up all sorts of stuff for them. When I am connected with a Japanese partner, the process is expedited even more, as many will show you all sorts of Pokemon from previous generations (which are among the most annoying to get in the original Black/ White). So for common Pokemon, at least, it's quite useful.

On the flip side--and someone mentioned this previously--I've found that there are a number of people who simply select three random Pokemon with no regard to what you actually want. I've had more than a few people immediately offer Charmander, Bulbasaur, and Squirtle, as if everyone, everywhere, wants them.

Then there are the people who are convinced that you'll trade away a legendary for a common Pokemon, no matter what expression you give them. This actually happened to me as recently as the other day. First I put up a Lugia, which they affirmed they wanted. Then, they put up a Ho-oh, which I, in turn, expressed an interest in. After we both seemed to agree, I confirmed my selection, then waited. Then they suddenly took down the Ho-oh and selected a Deerling in its place. The whole process repeated itself several more times--even though I kept telling them I wanted to do Ho-oh for Lugia, and not their Deerling--until I finally got fed up with it all and disconnected. A while back someone else thought I'd go along with a Magnemite-for-Mesprit trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.