• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Have You Recruited Kecleon?

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Violent Seeds and STAB Dig spam on a level 100 normally knocks out Kecleon before he can hit you. You just need to remember he moves two spaces per movement turn rather than one.

I have recruited one, but it wasn't easy. I must have defeated 120-130 before one finally joined me. I must say, I was disappointed to find that, without it's boosts, it's not very good for anything...

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Have you recruited the elusive Kecleon in any of the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games?

I just recruited my first Kecleon in Blue Rescue Team. I used Charizard on Mt. Blaze. I would wait for them all to cluster up, then loose Heat Wave, knocking out several adjacent Kecleon, and before I knew it, one of them asked to join me. I was so happy. :'D
Funny, that was the same exact tactic I did on my Red Rescue Team game. xD Heat Wave too good. lol

But yeah, in all seriousness, throughout all my experiences with the PMD games, I still fail to recruit a Kecleon. T~T

kkakade

I'm playing on EoS, using a Lv.100 Chimecho in Waterfall Cave with Maxed IQ (and Fast Friend). I usually hide in the wall, max my attack stats out and hold a Golden Mask, then hammer away at the Kecleon till I'm forced to move to the next floor by those gusts of wind. I also use the exclusive item Ching-Torc (for Chingling/Chimecho) to increase the chance of there being a Kecleon Shop on the floor. There usually is.

Kecleon recruit rate is -49.5%. So Lv. 100 (+25%)+ Golden Mask (+24%) + Fast Friend (+1%) brings this up to +0.5% - so 1 in 200 Kecleon should ask to join you.

I've done this manuveur about 5 times and probably defeated about 200 Kecleons, but not one has asked to join me.

Wanted to ask - Can I recruit Pokemon if I'm hiding in a wall?

StarlightPegasus

Live out Loud
I wish. I never was able to recruit him on either mystery dungeon game. XD

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I hate this thing. I never got it on TDS, I used to have one on Blue, until it decided to kill itself by trying to attack Gastly onnthe next floor. Tis thing is just useless.