• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Have You Recruited Kecleon?

ReclusiveDemon

Have you recruited the elusive Kecleon in any of the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games?

I just recruited my first Kecleon in Blue Rescue Team. I used Charizard on Mt. Blaze. I would wait for them all to cluster up, then loose Heat Wave, knocking out several adjacent Kecleon, and before I knew it, one of them asked to join me. I was so happy. :'D

Knightfall

Blazing Wordsmith
It's hard, I haven't been able to do it on Sky, though I've spent hours trying. I just can't recruit him.

Knightfall signing off ...;005;

MegaSerperior

<--- My life
I've tried multiple times in Sky and Darkness. Even with my team full of level 100s, I wasn't able to accomplish it. I eventually got overpowered. :/

Master Leo

The Dark Side
Nope. I have tried many times, but its so hard. Eventually I have to go to the floor...

Knightfall

Blazing Wordsmith
Nope, don't think I ever will. I stole a couple of times from him, though. Imagine my disbelief when I find out I can do only minimal damage to him and his cronies...

Red Rescue Team, I got out his store and he asked me to pay. I had the money, but stupid me accidentily clicked the "no" option. I ran, but as soon as I got into a different room imagine my surprise when I saw that there were dozens of them waiting for me.
Today, I still steal from him, but I make sure I can escape first. Recruiting him is one step short of impossible for me.

Knightfall signing off ...;005;

Last edited:

MegaMew2

5th Gen still sucks.
Except for that glitch that lets you have Kecleon follow you until you go to the next floor, nope.
Never recruited Kecleon. Don't see why it's so difficult. -__-

ReclusiveDemon

The Kecleon in Explorers of Time, Darkness, and Sky are so much stronger than those in Red and Blue Rescue Team. My starter and partner can take on all of the Kecleon, but in Explorers, all of their stats are maxed out. I can usually only knock out one or two before they overwhelm us. Dx

GreatGonzales

The Master
No, I've never had powerful enough Pokemon or the patience. I find it stupid that these keckleon are harder than primal dialga / rayquaza.

I believe the recruitment rate in EoS is -4.2%. The only Pokemon I've recruited with a negative rate are Houndoom and kadabra.

5221A

No, it seems impossilble to me. I once killed 2 with Lucario and Septile, my other partherns died before that....

☭Secret_Shocker☭

I did, after a long time of training and failures. He wasn't worth it after recruitment, but I decided to keep it for a while.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I havn't recruited him yet

TheDavidan13

D'oh I missed!
I've haven't recruited him. Yet. Even after the hundreds of 'em that I've ki- I mean, knocked out. Really, my strategy is to use those X-Ray Specs (lets you see all enemies and items), and if I see a huge cluster of items that are all right next to each other, I head for the stairs, use a Trawl Orb, and hammer away with my Lv. 100 Feraligatr, Sceptile, and Absol that took me weeks to train.

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
the bitch got on his knees and begged to join my team, if not i knew he wasnt gonna live to sell another day.

Michielleus

I hack Unova
There was this one time in blue rescue team...
It joined my party.

Then I died thanks to fury swipes. That was the moment when I decided to stop playing PMD for a while, hehe. ._.