• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Have you tried to recruit Keckleon?

PMDFanatic

I tried... but died every time.

Randomness

He is already here.
You mean it's possible?!

Wow...for some reason, no matter what level I am, I always die, even with a healthy dose of Reviver Seeds.

And I never thought that was possible, I thought he was some uber-miracle creature designed to kill you no matter what.

PMDFanatic

You mean it's possible?!

Wow...for some reason, no matter what level I am, I always die, even with a healthy dose of Reviver Seeds.

And I never thought that was possible, I thought he was some uber-miracle creature designed to kill you no matter what.

I never thought it was possible, either. I never managed it, no matter how many times I tried...

Illusione-Tempus

Killed a lot back at Red, still haven't start finding them at Blue, killed several at Time, attempted to recruit at Sky.

...Basically, I managed to defeat Kecleons at Time and Sky, but the first time I've ever tried to recruit is at Sky. P:

Emolgafan99

<-Cute little guy
In PMD1 I tried with an Articuno that knows Mind reader and Sheer cold,but every Kecleon that fainted didn't ask to join

Aquarelle

Staff member
You mean it's possible?!

My level 100 Venusaur on PMD Blue easily OHKOs Kecleon with Razor Leaf or Giga Drain. And it survives Kecleon's attacks too.

I was just looking here, and it said that at best, you only have a 0.1-0.5% chance of recruiting Kecleon. O_O
Looks like I won't be getting one anytime soon (or ever...)

I've tried many times in PMD: RRT but It is like a 1 in 1000 chance if your lv 100 and carrying a friend bow... I still haven't managed to recruit 1 though, even after slaughtering several hundred of them... Here's what you want to do though: Find a shop, Use a 1 room orb, Then use x10 Evasion Orbs. Power is nothing if they can still hit you... You don't need to do boost your stats, by the time you get to Lv 100 you should be able to kill them quite easily... You just have to prevent them from hitting you regardless of how good your stats are. Anyway, after you've made it 1 room and used your evasion orbs It's time to steal. Make sure you have several reviver seeds/ oran berrys just in case though. And then, you sit there killing them 1 by 1 untill either you die or you recruit 1... But, beware though, IF YOU USE AN ESCAPE ORB WHILST ON THE SAME FLOOR IT'S EFFECTS WILL BE CANCELLED AND THEN YOU HAVE TO HOPE TO GET KECKELON TO THE END OF THE DUNGEON WITHOUT HIM DYING/ RUNNING OUT OF REVIVER SEEDS. So, just remember to proceed to the next floor before you use an escape orb.... Hope this helps.

Bulletproof

Self explanatory.
I need to practice stealing from Kecleon before I can even attempt to recruit(sky). The first time I stole, I used Shaymin's Gracidea to Keep up with Kecleon & knock him out, but then That's when I realized there are more than one.

Rysir

Aura guardian
I have tried for years and have given up entirely, but I found a fun alternative! You can temporarily "recruit" kecleon and it involves a pass scarf! Found this out today when I found his shop then my partner who was holding the pass scarf took an attack and it passed on to kecleaon who then obliterated the poor metapod that was annoying my partner and then kecleon started to follow me around as if recruited and stuck around till I used the stairs. Of course I abuse this chance ALL THE TIME now.

Phoopes

There it is.
I've never recruited a Keckleon... but I've stolen from them many times.

EDIT: Well, I actually did once, but forgot to save. FML.

Last edited:

Arceus94

Killing Keckleons isn't so hard. Recruiting them is another story xD
I have never had a Keckleon before~ I've tried many times

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
I don't think so. I remember beating quite a few Keckleons in PMD 1 with my high level Charizard, but recruit them? Nah. I don't even like Keckleons anyway...

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I've tried lots of times, once I went to a cave with magma in it. I robbed the store, and stood on the magma in a spot where only one Kecleon could attack me. I defeated about 13 but none joined.