• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Haven't replayed SuMo because I loved the original experience so much anyone feel similar?

Baggie_Saiyan

So Gen 7 marketed the first Generation in which I never replayed any games not even the second games (I did attempt a Sun Wonderlocke but basically got blown back early on and lost motivation and haven't touched a Gen 7 game since).

It's quite bizarre because people usually don't play things they dislike but I actually relly loved Gen 7 especially the first Sun and Moon. It was the first Pokemon game since DP that I was fully back into Pokemon keeping up with the news updates etc and playing the game day one.

The games themselves I just loved everything about it, I loved how culture driven it was, loved the islands, loved the characters, loved the music, loved the Legendary lore and there were many Pokemon I instantly fell in love with and to top it off the ending of the original SuMo even made me tear up a bit! As a Pokemon fan basically my entire life I never had any emotion towards it (not even in M1).

I have all these memories associated with it but now it's been few years I was the other month thinking of replaying it through Sun but then was like hang on what if opinions on things etc change and I wouldn't want those memories tarnished.

So I am just wondering does anyone else feel this strongly about the games, or is it just me?

I am sure I will probably play them eventually.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Gen VI was the generation where I sort of fell out of love with the franchise, although the Gen VII games were a decent comeback, especially US/UM. I loved Alola as a region and there were quite a few species of Pokemon that I appreciated, but my biggest complaint about the S/M era is that there wasn't a single major character that I liked. There were a few that I thought were sort of interesting like Hau and Gladio, but they still paled in comparison to characters like Jun (Barry) and N, who were among some of my favorite characters in the whole franchise.

Last edited:

Baggie_Saiyan

Gen VI was the generation where I sort of feel out of love with the franchise, although the Gen VII games were a decent comeback, especially US/UM. I loved Alola as a region and there were quite a few species of Pokemon that I appreciated, but my biggest complaint about the S/M era is that there wasn't a single major character that I liked. There were a few that I thought were sort of interesting like Hau and Gladio, but they still paled in comparison to characters like Jun (Barry) and N, who were among some of my favorite characters in the whole franchise.

Gen 5 and 6 were a bit odd for me because my friends all stopped playing after Platinum and so I followed in their steps I did eventually play Black but many years later. Gen 6 I hopped on the ORAS hype train and then played XY after and by that time I guess I was fully revitalised and then Gen 7 was announced!

Sakuyamon

I replayed Moon months ago because I was getting weirdly nostalgic about the generation 7 games. I still think there was too much hand holding in these games and not enough freedom to do whatever you wanted in the plot but they were still great games.