• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Having A Wailord Of A Time! (310)

Daizy

I call you honey
What even was the point of Wailord appearing if it hardly did anything? It was funny how Ash and Max hid Combusken. I liked finding out how Onix joined Brock.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'm now kind of mystified regarding why Whaloh was even shown in this episode seeing as the Houen Starter subplot was the main focal point, although I am a Whaloh fan.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Good episode. I liked seeing Brock explaining Onix's backstory. I didn't like May neglecting Torchic yet training hard with Beautifly. Ash making up excuses for not choosing Torchic was funny.
8/10

Leonhart

Imagineer
Haruka focusing on her Agehunt here made sense since it was naturally elegant and therefore good for Contest Appeals, unlike Achamo which was more useful for battles.

Opal Pikachu13

Despite being in the title, Wailord haven't done much. May went off training for her contest with Beautifly, which made Torchic upset. Note that a recent Pokemon Journeys episode have done something similar with Ash with his Championship battle and only training Riolu, making Pikachu feel upset, annoyed, and left out. Max felt that May doesn't like Torchic anymore because of her doing so much training with Beautifly. Ash told him that she still likes Torchic, and that it's special to her, because it is her first Pokemon (note, again, the new Journeys episode made it seem like Ash forgot all of this on how he was acting towards Pikachu with Riolu). Ash told Max his story of getting Pikachu instead of a traditional Kanto starter of Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle. Brock told him that his first Pokemon was Onix, and how he got it.

Nurse Joy wanted Ash and Max to watch over the 3 Hoenn starters for a new trainer to pick one, however, the Torchic evolves into Combusken after a scuffle with Ash's Corphish. They then decide to switch May's Torchic and lock Combusken in a closet. Ash was trying to get the girl who came to pick her starter Pokemon to not pick Torchic while Max was distracting May, which ended up failing, and it definitely proved that May still cares for Torchic. As for the Wailord, all it done was almost get caught by Team Rocket and rescued by Ash and co, as well as the Combusken. The girl chose Mudkip, her father took Treecko, and Nurse Joy kept the Combusken as a Pokemon Guard. Good episode, 8/10.

MUDKIP COMFORTING THE BABY MUDKIP WE DONT DESERVE HIM
Lol the female Treecko simping
Yes Mudkip is the best starter, and the girl ends up choosing the best starter. Great choice!