• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Having problems with my laptop (Help)

The Mega Champion

I'm going to apologize beforehand. I'm sorry... but... this is going to take awhile to explain. Bear with me.

As you can tell... I'm having problems with my laptop. But there's more to it then just that.

It all started last Friday....

I wasn't doing anything I don't normally do every week. Then... all of a sudden... a pop-up appeared in the lower right hand corner saying that I was running out of hard disk space!! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wasn't doing anything I don't normally do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*coughs*

I'm done yelling.

Anyway. I quit what I was doing, and restarted my laptop. Still the same. So... I got rid of some programs... then... downloaded a virus program thinking it would help. Oh yeah... that worked... (/sarcasm) It helped out a bit... but not much. I cleaned up my hard disk and I got my memory back and more... but... geez!!!! Like I said... it was something I did every week. No different than any other week. Yet it did it anyway.

The memory I had before it happened I think was 1.16 GB or so. Then... after it happened... it went all the way down to 100 MB or so. After these fixes... it got back up to 800-900 MB after the virus software download. After the cleaned hard disk... I now have 1.21 GB.

But now... my laptop doesn't load as fast as it used to. Ugh... I don't know what to do anymore. I'm at a loss.

So... any advice? Oh... and can someone tell me what happened? Because I sure as hell have no idea, whatsoever, what happened to my laptop. Also... if you know what happened... can you tell me how to prevent it from happening again? One last thing, I swear. How can I get my laptop to load back at it's regular speed again?

Someone help me out here... please... I'm desprit....

Thanks.

chuboy

<- It was THIS big!
-_-;

The Low Disk Space warning isn't fake, it's Windows telling you have low disk space. You have two options, get rid of some of your crap, or get a bigger hard drive. If you choose the first option, don't go through your word documents and get rid of your old assignments, that will do next to nothing. You have to delete whole programs, movies or songs to make a big difference.

And since the popup wasn't caused by a virus, you should get rid of the virus remover you downloaded since it is doing absolutely nothing except taking up space.

The Mega Champion

You don't get it though... there was no reason for it to do that. I don't see how it can do that without it being a virus or something. I'll get rid of my virus program, but, if it happens again today... I'm coming back.

The Mega Champion

Well... I got rid of my virus program. My laptop now comes on as fast as it used to. After I did that... I got 1.34 GB.

I don't know... I'm going to do my normal stuff today and keep my fingers crossed. I'll let you guys know as to what happens.

The Mega Champion

Well................

Nothing happened. I guess... I'll just start being more careful with my laptop and being more careful about what I do on the internet. Instead of being reckless. Which is probably what caused this issue in the first place.

Topic closed.

Although... if it happens again... unfortunately... I'll have to come back. ^_^'

But until then... see ya... I guess... ^_^'