• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Having trouble with the pwt

samrules4

like the title says, i'm having trouble with the pokemon world tounrament, the world leaders to be specific, i hope i don't have to raise completely new pokemon... if my team is seriously that bad i would like someone to let me know.

unfezant brave nature big pecks
quick attack
toxic
tailwind
fly

magnezone brave nature magnet pull
thunderbolt
volt switch
flash cannon
substitute

lucario jolly nature inner focus
close combat
dig
shadow ball
extremespeed

serperior mild nature overgrow
coil
leaf blade
aerial ace
toxic

azumarill bold nature huge power
surf
aqua tail
ice punch
rain dance

zoroark with hasty nature
dark pulse
flamethrower
shadow claw
nasty plot

well, i'm now rebuilding my team to the natures suggested:
steps completed:
1.catch a ditto
2.hatched zoura with hardy nature
3.caught a new marill and golduck
4.successfully EV trained zoroark, placed 1st Pokemon into battle box
5.hatched a marill with lonely nature (it was the closest i could get to adamant)
6.caught a magnemite with mild nature (again, closest i could get to modest, i also changed its ability to sturdy)
7.successfully EV trained marill, placed 2nd pokemon into battle box
8.first world leaders win

current goals:
finish azumarill's moves
find a held item for azumarill

Last edited:

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
like the title says, i'm having trouble with the pokemon world tounrament, the world leaders to be specific, i hope i don't have to raise completely new pokemon... if my team is seriously that bad i would like someone to let me know.

unfezant Adamant nature big pecks
Return
toxic
Steel Wing
fly

Return does more damage than Quick Attack. Steel Wing so you're not walled by Rock-types. Adamant nature because Unfezant needs its speed to not be lowered.

magnezone Modest nature magnet pull
thunderbolt
Charge Beam
flash cannon
substitute

Go with Modest as your nature. If you want to run Substitute, run Charge Beam > Volt Switch, as Sub + Charge Beam can be used for boosting.

lucario Mild nature inner focus
Aura Sphere
Ice Punch
shadow ball
Work Up

Mild nature so you can go mixed, as Jolly reduces your Special Attack. Aura Sphere + Shadow Ball get perfect coverage. Ground and Fighting get similar coverage, so go with Ice Punch > Dig to hit Ground-types, who are Lucario's biggest threat. Work Up to boost both offences.

serperior Adamant nature overgrow
coil
leaf blade
Aqua Tail
Outrage

No point using the Mild nature if you're not going mixed. Aqua Tail and Outrage for better coverage.

azumarill Adamant nature huge power
Aqua Jet
Return
ice punch
Brick Break / Superpower

Bold is a horrible nature for Azumarill as it lowers its more important stat: attack. Aqua Jet for a very strong priority move. Brick Break or Superpower for coverage, and Return for neutral coverage.
anyone suggest a change of moves? or is my pokemon choice so bad i have to make a completely new team?

Comments in bold.

You're going to want to rebreed all of your team to get better natures, since natures are important in things like the Subway and PWT (a 10% change to stats is quite significant). Also, you might want to list items and EVs if your Pokemon have any. Hope this helps.

samrules4

i don't know exactly how to find out EV's but i guess its unfortunate that i have to rebuild my entire team, so i guess it doesn't matter anyways

for when i DO rebuild my team, what EV's should i focus on training?

as far as items go i only have these ones:
air balloon
dark gem
grass gem
rocky helmet
steel gem

i also forgot my last pokemon:
zoroark with hasty nature
dark pulse
flamethrower
shadow claw
nasty plot

Last edited:

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Yes, they do.

samrules4

=/ i don't have the easy mode key yet...

Angeltripper

♥ Ace ♥
ah I don't either. my frined has w2, but hasnt beaten it. If I could I would give my key to you if you could use wifi, but you cant D: but if you have W2, just beat the E4 first

samrules4

ah well, currently i plan to breed each of my party Pokemon until i have the natures zhanton suggested, then i will try to EV train them (as in giving the held item for the stat making it first and switching out to one of my tougher ones), and during that time try getting each of the moves suggested.

also by the way, does anyone know how to find out exact EV values of a Pokemon? i don't feel like writing down stuff for each and every single encounter i fight.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
I don't see a point in a Dragon move on a non-Dragon type. It won't hit as hard as an SE hit. Replace it with Substitute. It will prevent status, something that can hamper his walling ability.

samrules4

hmm... is hardy a good nature for zoroark (no stat changes)? well, i guess so because i do plan on using both special and physical attacks anyway

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
^
nah, it's better to use Hasty/Naive to boost Speed, or Mild/Rash/Lonely/Naughty to boost offensive power. Zoroark is a glass cannon anyway, so it won't be bothered by its defense/sdef being lowered, since they're already low to begin with.

In fact, N's Zorua you got during the storyline is a good one for Mixed set, it has Hasty Nature, and fixed to possess all 30 IVs.

Zoroark
Hasty Nature
~Night Daze
~Flamethrower
~Focus Blast/Low Sweep/Hidden Power (due to the all 30 IVs, its Hidden Power is Fight with 70 base power)
~Return/U-Turn

samrules4

^
nah, it's better to use Hasty/Naive to boost Speed, or Mild/Rash/Lonely/Naughty to boost offensive power. Zoroark is a glass cannon anyway, so it won't be bothered by its defense/sdef being lowered, since they're already low to begin with.

In fact, N's Zorua you got during the storyline is a good one for Mixed set, it has Hasty Nature, and fixed to possess all 30 IVs.

Zoroark
Hasty Nature
~Night Daze
~Flamethrower
~Focus Blast/Low Sweep/Hidden Power (due to the all 30 IVs, its Hidden Power is Fight with 70 base power)
~Return/U-Turn

i gotten n's zoura and already used it throughout the storyline, meaning my EV's on it aren't really that well spent