• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Haxorus Discussion

Best Haxorus set

• Total voters

Abraace

Sabrina's apprentice
Excuse my ignorance on the ability Mold Breaker, but in double and triple battles does his ability affect only his moves?

For example let's say Haxorus and two team mates(Gyarados and Salamance for the sake of this example) are against an Excadrill, an Elektross and a Hydregion. If the Charizard uses Earthquake, and Mold Breaker is in effect does the Earthquake hit Excadrill's two team mates or is specifically only when Haxorus uses the Earthquake?

Demonsead

Hoenn Challenger
I've only ever used the Choice Scarf set, but that Choice Band set looks incredible.

Zachmac

Excuse my ignorance on the ability Mold Breaker, but in double and triple battles does his ability affect only his moves?

For example let's say Haxorus and two team mates(Gyarados and Salamance for the sake of this example) are against an Excadrill, an Elektross and a Hydregion. If the Charizard uses Earthquake, and Mold Breaker is in effect does the Earthquake hit Excadrill's two team mates or is specifically only when Haxorus uses the Earthquake?
Only when haxorus is the one using earthquake.

Ilan

I once tryed to use a set like this
leftovers
252 atk 252 speed 4 hp
mold breaker
Earthquake
Dragon claw (I hate the confusion of outrage)
subtitute
dragon dance

this set get really walled by balloon steels and skarmory but anyway there isnt any chance vs skarmory so yeah...

well in general I like the idea of DD more sience it get more freedom choosing moves and get boosted in speed and attack
haxorus defence isn't that bad he can survive some physical moves

Larry

I once tryed to use a set like this
leftovers
252 atk 252 speed 4 hp
mold breaker
Earthquake
Dragon claw (I hate the confusion of outrage)
subtitute
dragon dance

this set get really walled by balloon steels and skarmory but anyway there isnt any chance vs skarmory so yeah...

well in general I like the idea of DD more sience it get more freedom choosing moves and get boosted in speed and attack
haxorus defence isn't that bad he can survive some physical moves

Adamant or Jolly?

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
Adamant is for more POWER!!! MUHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Sorry, i had a power craze.

Psycho Cut

To guarantee myself a Dragon Dance I use Focus sash now.
The only problem with a focus sash is that you're screwed against sand, and you basically have to send it out first to avoid hazards, either that or be very clever with your spinner. And priority laughs in your face. Actually, that's quite a few problems.

Though Scizor, the most used priority user (i think) is a pretty good counter for Haxorus anyway.

Zachmac

Wow, sppfers are fail, what a bunch of noobs, DD being the most popular
Yeah, we all know choice specs is the best set, nothing can beat that massive base 60 special attack. It is faster then all sorts of pokemon, like latios, so it doesn't need a speed boost, and it's 147 base attack sucks no matter what, so dragon dance is unnecessary.

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
Scarf is da best.

Yeah, we all know choice specs is the best set, nothing can beat that massive base 60 special attack. It is faster then all sorts of pokemon, like latios, so it doesn't need a speed boost, and it's 147 base attack sucks no matter what, so dragon dance is unnecessary.

CB outclasses it in every way, wanna know why Haxorus was overrated? DD Haxorus!

/win

Zachmac

And Haxorus is bad as a sweeper lol
Yep, it's boosted base 147 attack, 97 speed, and great coverage+abilities can't do a think to sweep.

There is a difference between being "overrated" and "bad". Even if some people think it's better then it is, it is still good.

irock245

She wants it
do you guys think a chesto rest dd haxorus would work? with outrage and earthquake once skarmory of ferro are gone.

Zachmac

do you guys think a chesto rest dd haxorus would work? with outrage and earthquake once skarmory of ferro are gone.
Not bulky enough.
not really haxourus don't have quiete defences batter use dragonite for this role
But D-night has roost.