• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

haxourus or hydreigon

haxourus or hydreigon

• haxourus

Votes: 32 59.3%
  • hydreigon

Votes: 22 40.7%

• Total voters

stoutland22

Stoutland is Lickin!
haxorus is good in game....hydregion takes too long to level up

Dattebayo

Banned
Let's take a look shall we:

Haxorus

Pros:
- Montrous Attack
- Mold Breaker
- No crippling weakness
- Access to Sword Dance and Dragon Dance

Cons:
- Outspeed by Salamence and Garchomp
- Makes things too easy

Hydreigon

Pros:
- Three heads!
- Great Special Sweeper
- Vast movepool
- Can go mix

Cons:
- Unwelcomed weaknesses
- Stats not as high as Haxorus despite evolving at lvl 64 instead of 48

PlatinumAssassin

Dragon Master
Haxorus as GREAT attack, its not that bad in speed, pretty decent defenses (just EV train those up to par and youre good to go ;), Mold Breaker, and, IMO, looks much cooler than Hydreigon. Not that he doesnt still look awesome.

Hydreigon is good overall, but evolves at a ridiculous level and doesnt have any impressive stats compared to Haxorus. Also, for a Dragon/DARK type, he doesn't have all that many dark type moves. I mean, give Dark Pulse to ANYONE in Unova and it should have been him... his best dark type move is Crunch... and he has better Sp. Attack.

TheHauntedOne

evil tofu!!!
Oooh this is tough as I really like both Dragons: Haxorus being the first Dragon-only third stage evolution, and Hydreigon being the first Dragon/Dark type...

Bah, I'm gonna have to go with Hydreigon.

Why do you gotta make this so hard? ;) j/k

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
I'm assuming we're not talking about which is actually better? Given that you say which one do you prefer...

Aesthetically, I prefer Haxorus. In game it isn't as hard to use and it has interesting abilities. Hydreigon has a great design also, but I prefer Haxorus', Levitate is boring, and it takes forever to level up Deino and Zweilous. Also using Base 147 attack is fun.

Anyone saying Haxorus has better stats is misinformed though http://veekun.com/dex/gadgets/compare_pokemon?pokemon=haxorus&pokemon=hydreigon

Larry

I'ma fan of both but Haxorus is now one of my favorite Pokemon and it has an awesome shiny sprite.

PlatinumAssassin

Dragon Master

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
haxorus. I like its high attack. I hate the fact that you get Hydreigon at level 64.

cantab

Haxorus. The thing looks ugly as sin in my view, like it ought to just fall flat on its face, but I'm no fan of Hydreigon's looks either.

Stats-wise they're about evenly meritous I think: Haxorus has monstrous attack, trollish just-below-100 speed, and mediocre everything else. Hyredigon has good SpA, also troll speed, enough Attack to go mixed, and better defences.

The big difference is boosting moves. Haxorus is blessed with both Dragon Dance and Swords Dance, so it can run sets with either of those, as well as Choiced sets. Hydreigon gets Work Up. Just not good enough.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
Haxourus of course! I hate that ****ing dark dragon!!!

Randomness

He is already here.
Im really just a casual sort, and when i do battle seriously, i take something that looks cooler(since mot people i battle are noobs, anyway).Haxorus would be awwesome but its colour looks sort of....weird. I like hydreigon cuz hes just cool like that(three heads!!)

DucksGoMooful

Evergreen tail?
I like Haxorus' looks better, so I pick Haxorus. Hax to the max!

Power wise they are both awesome, but I'm more so drawn to cute Pokemon more so then 1337 Pokes.

That being said, Hydreigon wins my vote. Because not only is it powerful and useful, it's also cuter than Haxorus. It can take out an enimy and smile while doing it... tell me that isn't adorable. :p

Plus Hydreigon is fluffy :0)

Going dragon dance outrage is boring, that's all hax does. I have to give it do hydregion has more utility for team builds being slightly faster, mixed attacker, immunity, etc. Sadly I feel haxorus ridiculously massive attack stat is often just overkill and he is outclassed by chomp/menace, them being faster with plenty of attack. but he doesn't have x4 ice weakness so I'll give him that. They both look awesome though.