1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Head Canon: The Many Worlds of Pokemon

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by JohnLynch, Sep 11, 2018.

1. JohnLynch

JohnLynch Well-Known Member

So because I'm a giant geek I was curious what the least number of timelines/worlds for Pokemon is possible. Here's my answer and what I consider to be my head canon:

Classic Timeline Red (3Birds, Mewtwo, 3Beasts, T2, Type: Null, Guardian4, Cosmog, Light3): Red -> Gold -> Ultra Sun

Classic Timeline Blue (3Birds, Mewtwo, 3Beasts, T2, Type: Null, Guardian4, Cosmog, Light3): Blue -> Silver -> Ultra Moon

New Timeline Red (3Birds, Mewtwo, 3Beasts, Titans, Eon2, Weather3, Lake3, Creation3, Cresselia, Heatran, Regigigas): FireRed > Ruby -> Pearl

New Timeline Blue (3Birds, Mewtwo, 3Beasts, Titans, Eon2, Weather3, Lake3, Creation3, Cresselia, Heatran, Regigigas): LeafGreen > Sapphire -> Diamond

Alpha 3rd Timeline (3Birds, Mewtwo, Titans2): Yellow -> Crystal

Prime 3rd Timeline (3Birds, Titans, Eon2, Weather3): Emerald

Omega 3rd Timeline (3Birds, Titans, Creation3, Cresselia, Heatran, Regigigas): Platinum

Heart Timeline (3Birds, Mewtwo, 3Beasts, Tower2, Eon2, Weather3, Creation3): HeartGold

Soul Timeline (3Birds, Mewtwo, 3Beasts, Tower2, Eon2, Weather3, Creation3): SoulSilver

5th Timeline Black (Titans, Eon2, Lake3, Cresselia, Heatran, Regigigas, Swords, Nature, Tao3) Black > Black2

5th Timeline White (Titans, Eon2, Lake3, Cresselia, Heatran, Regigigas, Swords, Nature, Tao3) White > White2

Mega Timeline Red (3Birds, Mewtwo, 3Beasts, T2, Titans, Eon2, Weather3, Lake3, Creation3, Cresselia, Heatran, Regigigas, Swords, Nature, Tao3, Aura3, Type: Null, Guardian4, Cosmog, Light3): Omega Ruby > Y > Sun

Mega Timeline Blue (3Birds, Mewtwo, 3Beasts, T2, Titans, Eon2, Weather3, Lake3, Creation3, Cresselia, Heatran, Regigigas, Swords, Nature, Tao3, Aura3, Type: Null, Guardian4, Cosmog, Light3): Alpha Sapphire > Y > Moon

Go Timeline Yellow (3Birds, Mewtwo): Let's Go Pikachu

Go Timeline Brown (3Birds, Mewtwo): Let's Go Eevee
    The thinking is that legendary pokemon (ordinarily) are unique and therefore two of them cannot exist in the same timeline/universe. The notable exception to this is Ultra Wormholes although apparently Black/White and Black2/White2 also had exceptions.

As such most timelines are split into 2 components. The notable exception being the "3rd timelines" which consist of a single train. Most timelines are split into a "red" version and a "blue" version. Most of it is completely unimportant and also complete nonsense, but it's my "head cannon".

Why did I put in Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon onto the end of the Classic Timeline? Because I really like the idea that the last Pokemon games on a handheld console returned to the same timeline that began the entire franchise. Also once you exclude Ultra Wormhole legendaries, there is not a single repeat between the original 2 generations and the Pokemon in the Ultra games. I could also add in the Black and White timelines, however it doesn't really fit with how the games were originally marketed with them being a break away from the old with 150 brand new pokemon and such. I also remember a "alternate dimension warper" that allowed scientists to research alternative universes so in my headcanon Black/White are in their own universe/timeline.

One thing that is interesting with how I've laid it all out, most universes/timelines feature the Legendary 3 Birds. The 5th timelines being the odd one out.