• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Head Scratching problem

bigpop618

Dragon Trainer
Okay Im not the best at computers but This one really puzzles me. Okay This started...a couple weeks ago. Here's what happens.

For some reason some websites just stop working altogether and refuse to load. example Google stops working. Yahoo and Yahoo Mail wont load.

I get pop-ups saying that That I need an antivirus. It gives me a popup regardless if I close out of the first popup saying I should install Internet Explorer Antivirus. It does this. I close out of it and a download screen comes up and I close out of it..end of story. It does this possibly 6 times a day if I try to use this with just Firefox or Opera. If I use Internet Explorer however The problems get worse. If I, for example, try to use Yahoo Mail on IE. It works. but heres the problem, I get on Yahoo. Pop up saying I need a better antivirus comes up. Then the yahoo page changes saying insecure internet activity, threat of a virus attack. I hit back twice and I get back to the yahoo page I click on Yahoo Mail and it persists. I can't navigate on IE without being bombarded with Antivirus crap.

I've looked through Task Manager to try to locate the problem. I notice IE is running. I use Firefox regularly so this makes me believe this is a spyware problem. I've tried Trend Micro and before this site finishes the scan my computer freezes and it Never finishes. Ive done it 5 times and its done this 5 times. I've used Spybot, it finds crap but in the end the problem continues. I've used Spyware Doctor. it finds things, and nothing helps. So I thought why not. Ill give an antivirus scan a try because they were talking about viruses. I've done Norton, McAfee, Antivir, Trend Micro obviously, Kaspersky. They find **** but the problem continues. I've tried System Restore but there isn't anything that goes back a couple weeks. I don't know why. Could any of you diagnose the problem? Is it a virus? Or is it a spyware problem? Then what can I do to fix it?

chuboy

<- It was THIS big!
You need to uninstall all your antivirus software except one, (I recommend Kaspersky). Update Kaspersky and Spybot with the latest stuff, then unplug your internet cable and do a full scan of your computer. Whatever it finds, try to clean it. If it doesn't work, well you'll need to tell us what the spyware is called or search google yourself to find out how to remove it.

bigpop618

Dragon Trainer
Tried that...it didnt work. It deleted all things...and the problem still stayed.

bigpop618

Dragon Trainer
Okay so I figured it all out. First. The forum was lagging and I made two threads by mistake. Second I picked up an antivirus called Avast! I must say Im impressed. It got rid of all the things that were wrong with my computer. The product was ie av or Internet Explorer Antivirus. Avast! found it and got rid of it. I must say I highly recommend this antivirus though

Everyone

Avast! works, all else is rather junk tbh...
I highly recommend firefox coupled with Addblock plus. This will remove a) all popups from your browser, and as an added bonus will remove any advertisements from all webpages (ok most), much improving speed... As well, firefox has the amazingbar :D

XxSaintx

Avast! works, all else is rather junk tbh...
I highly recommend firefox coupled with Addblock plus. This will remove a) all popups from your browser, and as an added bonus will remove any advertisements from all webpages (ok most), much improving speed... As well, firefox has the amazingbar :D
Not neccesarily NOD32 is one of the best anti-virus's out there updates frequently and blocks all attacks i recieve.

I also found another fault with your post. Firefox? Really worst web browser i've ever used imho Opera is much better.

bigpop618

Dragon Trainer
Okay new problem. I rebooted my computer and now I can only access Firefox and my computer through task manager. Meaning the taskbar, the start button and desktop icons are gone. They refuse to load. I've tried system restore. That doesn't work. And yes I did system restore through command prompt which was a pain in the *** because i had to look up the directory. I also tried scanning for spyware and viruses and that didnt seem to help. In other words...my computer is jacked up again.