• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Headcanon: Your Pokemon's Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
Headcanon - An idea, belief, or aspect of a story that is not mentioned in the media itself, but is accepted by either the reader themselves or the fandom in general. However, if the author of the story confirms it, it becomes canon.

So now that we’re all clear on what headcanon means, let’s move on to what this little discussion is actually about.

As a Pokemon trainer, I sometimes feel that we do not have a place where we can talk about the Pokemon on our teams. While not everyone feels the need, I know at least a few of us want to give our Pokemon a bit of a backstory, some life.

That’s what this thread is about! Give your Pokemon some life, some backstory, and share it with your fellow trainers!

…. Ok, so I stretched the term “headcanon” a little bit.

I’m a big fan of forms, as it lets you kind of centralize and keep things nice and organized, so I’m providing a little form here.

Pokemon Name: (What is the Pokemon’s species?)
Nickname: (What did you, or the OT, nickname the Pokemon?)
Nature: (Ex. Hardy, Jolly, Timid, Adamant, Quiet)
Characteristic: (Ex. Often dozes off / Likes to fight / Thrashes about / Alert to sounds)
Held Item: (Ex. Lucky Egg, Exp. Share, Macho Brace, Choice Scarf)
Original Trainer (OT): (Pokemon’s original trainer)
Pokeball Caught In: (Ex. Pokeball, Great Ball, Master Ball, Luxury Ball)
Where the Pokemon was caught: (Where did you get the Pokemon?)

And then talk about their backstory here.

Go wild guys! Post multiple times (not in a row though, that’s against the rules) with the different teams you guys have. Competitive teams, in-game teams, whatever you desire!

Looking forward to reading everyone’s stories!

-----------------------------------------------------------

So here’s my Pokemon headcanon. I’m going to be talking about my competitive VGC team. I call the team, “Imagine Dragons,” since the team idea came to me in a dream (that sounds SO cheesy, I know, but I swear to you; I was asleep, and when I was asleep, I thought up the team, its uses, and possible team members), and the team has four dragons on it. Imagine Dragons is an American rock band. I named all the Pokemon on the team after songs off their album.

445.gif

Pokemon Name: Garchomp
Nickname: Radioactive
Nature: Jolly Nature
Characteristic: Don’t know yet, as I only have this team on Pokemon Showdown! right now.
Held Item: Haban Berry
Original Trainer (OT): Justin
Pokeball Caught In: Pokeball
Where the Pokemon was caught: Floccesy Town

Radioactive was just a Gible when I received him from Benga after defeating him in the Black Tower. I was really shocked when I discovered the Gible was shiny! I named him Radioactive, after the first song on Imagine Dragon’s album Night Visions, because the shininess was pretty shocking. It seemed fitting haha.

Since I received this little guy, he’s been a pain in the neck. His Jolly nature definitely shows. Even as a Garchomp, Radioactive likes to play around with me. When he was still a Gible, after seeing it on an episode of the Pokemon anime (Ash’s Gible), he took a shine to just clamping onto the top of my head for little reason other than he wanted to annoy me. Now that he’s substantially taller than me, his game has evolved into either tossing me into the air and (sometimes) catching me, or tossing me onto his back randomly and speeding through the area. Pain in the neck. He also likes to steal snacks, so I often experience nights of hunger when traveling through the wilderness.

In battle though, Radioactive is definitely the team captain. A fierce battler, he doesn’t stop until he or the opponent is no longer moving. However, he often misses his attacks due to the ferocity of his attacks. He’s also a tad bit reckless.

When with the other Pokemon on the team, Radioactive likes to mess around with his fellow Pokemon. He tends to play practical jokes on them, especially on Nightvisions, who doesn’t really like Radioactive.

When alone, besides eating, Radioactive likes to swim.

635.gif

Pokemon Name: Hydreigon
Nickname: Nightvisions
Nature: Modest Nature
Characteristic: Don’t know yet, as I only have this team on Pokemon Showdown! right now.
Held Item: Life Orb
Where the Pokemon was caught: Opelucid City

An odd Deino, Nightvisions was named after the album name. It was fitting, because all Deino see is “night” or darkness, since it can’t see. Now, the reason I say Nightvisions was a bit odd is because, while most Deino are aggressive by nature, Nightvisions was really… polite. Almost shy.

I hatched Nightvisions as an egg, since I do like to breed my own Pokemon. Familiar with the species’ history, I bought some extra badding to wear as I trained the little dragon type. Turned out to be a waste; Nightvisions was very kind, and polite.

I was a little worried when Nightvisions evolved into a Zweilous and the two heads didn’t argue. I actually called Professor Juniper to ask about it, and she said that it was uncommon, but it’s happened before. Pleased with the answer, I continued training.

Surprisingly, despite her peaceful nature, Nightvisions fights very hard in battles. Quick, nimble, and destructive, the reason Hydreigon are feared is apparent whenever she takes to the battlefield.

When not in battle, Nightvisions actually likes to spend time alone, taking a nap somewhere or flying through the sky (often causing an uproar somewhere, since the wild Pokemon often run in fear). However, she likes to offer to let me fly on her back as well. She really likes when we get to fly around like that.

She’s normally jovial with the other Pokemon though, all except for Radioactive. His jolly, boisterous nature unnerves her, and his inclination towards her seems to annoy her.

149.gif

Pokemon Name: Dragonite
Nickname: Amsterdam
Nature: Quiet Nature
Held Item: Yache Berry
Where the Pokemon was caught: Undella Bay

Amsterdam is a very simple Pokemon. She likes to keep quiet, to herself. You’d think that would make her and Nightvisions good friends, but they actually spend time alone separate from each other, despite all my pushing and prodding to them to play with each other.

She’s also named after a track off of the Imagine Dragons album, although nothing clever about it. She does like to listen to music though, so I let her listen to it when she’s out of her Pokeball.

Like Nightvisions, when she battles, she battles with a graceful ferocity. However, Amsterdam is not quite as quick and nimble as Nightvisions. She does make it up, however, as she can take hits better. Amsterdam takes hits like a champ.

However, despite her quiet and solitary nature, she’s made a big friend in Underdog, surprisingly. While they don’t often play together, Underdog is always there to stand up for her when she backs down from casual fights, or when Radioactive gets too rowdy.

621.gif

Pokemon Name: Druddigon
Nickname: Underdog
Nature: Brave Nature
Held Item: Expert Belt
Where the Pokemon was caught: Reversal Mountain

Underdog was given his name from another track off the album. Druddigon is pretty much the underdog Dragon type, so I thought it was fitting.

Druddigon is an interesting story. He was a small Druddigon when he hatched from his egg, smaller than normal baby Druddigon. Because of this, Underdog developed somewhat of a “man’s best friend” personality, always trying to be by my side and tackling and licking me whenever I call on him.

It was cute when he was small, but now that he’s almost twice my height and almost four times my weight, it’s not cute.

However, because of his “man’s best friend” complex, he’s developed somewhat of a rivalry with Radioactive, who is oblivious. He often tries to outshine Radioactive, but never really gets the chance to do so. But he never stops.

In battle, Underdog and Radioactive go toe-to-toe in strength, but Underdog is much slower than his rival. He does take hits much better though, and often opts to attack slowly, while the opponent is in the middle of attacking.

376.gif

Pokemon Name: Metagross
Nickname: Tiptoe
Nature: Brave Nature
Held Item: Lum Berry
Where the Pokemon was caught: P2 Laboratory

Named him Tiptoe out of irony, plus he (and I call him he because he never objects to it) seems to have a laugh out of it.

Tiptoe was a really weird hatch. As a neophyte breeder, I hadn’t experimented around with breeding Pokemon with unknown genders. Tiptoe was my first time in that territory, and until now, I’m not quite sure how I did it.

But after Tiptoe hatched, I could tell there was something a bit strange about the little guy. Despite his facial expression being devoid of emotion, I always had this sinking suspicion this little bugger lived with eyes wide open, always processing information. I would go so far as to say this guy’s probably the smartest Pokemon on my team.

This is also evident in battle. He always seems to be learning how to defeat his opponent. Ruthless, powerful, and precise. Even his Meteor Mashes seem to be more accurate than usual. He is really slow though, so that is a bit of a hindrance to his performance.

468.gif

Pokemon Name: Togekiss
Nickname: Selene
Nature: Modest Nature
Held Item: Sitrus Berry
Where the Pokemon was caught: Nuvema Town

The oldest Pokemon in my party, Selene is a bonus track off of the album as well.

I actually received her as an egg from Professor Juniper, Sr. He found the egg in the Dragonspiral Tower while he was doing some research on Reshiram and Zekrom, but he wasn’t sure he’d be able to properly care for the egg. I had an Emboar on my team back then, so we figured I’d at the very least be able to keep the egg warm. While visiting the other Professor Juniper in Nuvema Town, the egg hatched and this cute little Togepi was sitting there, a bundle of joy.

She is the happiest Pokemon on my team. She gets along great with all the members on my team, including the rivaling Dragons Radioactive and Underdog. When not chitchatting with the other members of my team, or solving some dispute (primarily involving Radioactive), she actually likes to fly around and hold aerial shows for herself. She also likes to be my primary flying Pokemon, although I do have to share the weight between her and my other Pokemon.

In battle, she doesn’t really change. Her primary goal is to help her teammates, although she’s very powerful in her own right.

Status
Not open for further replies.