• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Heads-Up: Cherrim Sunshine Forme Is Glitched

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Though it won't break your game, there have been reports that a wild Cherrim, once it turns into Sunshine Forme, becomes impossible to catch. People have depleted their entire stocks of Poké Balls (of every kind), and it breaks out every time no matter how many attempts were made.

And while I'm not sure if it's dumb luck, it may be that Alpha Bronzong in the Coronet Highlands (the fixed spawn to the north of the Mountain Camp) is glitched similarly, but to a lesser extent. It broke out of all of my Ultra Balls and Gigaton Balls despite being lower-leveled than my Pokémon, but it was caught in the first Great Ball I threw. Thus, it is possible that Alpha Bronzong is immune to Ultra Balls and everything of the sort, but not Great Balls.

UPDATE: The 1.0.2 patch has fixed this glitch. You can now catch Cherrim even after it changes to Sunshine Forme.

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Possible, since I was trying to catch a Cherrim while in sunshine form and couldn't catch it, but I did manage to catch it in overcast form.
Edit: On top of this, with a quick Google search, it seems that others are having the same problem.

Don't know about the Alpha Bronzong situation though.

I think it is also worth noting that it isn't strictly Sunshine form which is glitched, but the transformation. I fought a Cherrim that transformed into Sunshine and then reverted back to Overcast and it was still glitched. Your only real options are to evolve a Cherubi or catch a Cherrim at night.

I could kind of understand this coding oversight since there are no other Pokémon in the game with in-battle form transformations that are catchable, and given the rarity of finding a Cherrim. However I find the oversight harder to understand given there being a request specifically tied to Cherrim, which makes me wonder how it got past QA.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I think it is also worth noting that it isn't strictly Sunshine form which is glitched, but the transformation. I fought a Cherrim that transformed into Sunshine and then reverted back to Overcast and it was still glitched. Your only real options are to evolve a Cherubi or catch a Cherrim at night.

I could kind of understand this coding oversight since there are no other Pokémon in the game with in-battle form transformations that are catchable, and given the rarity of finding a Cherrim. However I find the oversight harder to understand given there being a request specifically tied to Cherrim, which makes me wonder how it got past QA.
There are also Research Tasks involving obtaining a Cherrim in the daytime. Since you can't catch them like that, the only way you can progress with that task is evolving them during the daytime yourself, so surely someone must have attempted that to see if it works at least once.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I was wondering when it ate up 10 Ultra Balls, in yellow WITH Poison!
I had enough and set the Switch aside to Google it and was relieved it wasn't just a matter of bad luck(I have EXTREMELY bad luck, I've only met one shiny and that was two minutes ago while others found dozens from Mass Outbreaks!)

How did they not notice this during testing?!

Shinkou

I encountered one in Boldroll canyon spent what was probably half an in game evening to maybe a quarter the next in game day trying to catch the annoyance managed to get it both paralyzed and in the read and wasted around 20-30 each of jet, gigaton, and ultra balls with it going mostly against my Alpha Goodra with at least all it's EV stats around 6 or 7.

Wouldn't have lasted that long if it wasn't for having around 30 leppa berries, it eventually struggled itself out.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
According to Serebii.net, the newest patch has fixed the Cherrim glitch/oversight.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
According to Serebii.net, the newest patch has fixed the Cherrim glitch/oversight.
I can confirm it works. Knocked one out of a tree this evening and it transformed. Hit it with a Thunder Wave then a Great Ball and it was mine.