• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hear Ye, Hear Ye, Your King Has Returned! (BT RMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
And yes, I am going on an ego trip.

Hey, all ye Serebii IGRMT raters. Most of you new people won't really recognize me, but a few of you, namely TBR, Unglateman, YOOMTAH, GrumpySnorlax, and Ji Yoon (HoundoomFlare) probably will. Even fewer of you will remember that I've regained my throne as Serebii's BT King in late July, far surpassing V4E's record with an astounding 383 wins, something I never expected to accomplish.

This is a Battle Tower team, and I've decided to create the first-ever TrickScarf Memento Chain Team. Between the two strategies, TrickScarf has a weakness to Pokemon when your sweeper isn't fully set up, and Memento Chains have a weakness of being stripped of their ability to limit the moves an opponent could use. By combining the two, most of those problems are solved, but its not going to be easy. That's why I took extreme care in the design, creation, and testing of this team.

So, without further ado, let's get to the team.

EDIT: Team changes in italics, for a change of pace.

uxie.png

Uxie @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 Hp / 88 Def / 100 SpD / 68 Spe
Ability: Levitate
-Trick
-Thunder Wave
-Skill Swap
-Memento

The first part of the team is a variant of V4E's famous Uxie lead. This little pixie led his Battle Tower team to 268 wins in April of this year, and it'll hopefully lead mine to greater heights. Most intelligent Battle Tower players will understand perfectly how this is intended to work, and if you don't, that's a sign that you shouldn't be rating this team. However, I'll explain it anyway for clarity's sake. Trick hands your opponent the Scarf, locking them into their move of chioce, likely something Super Effective against Uxie. Thunder Wave will negate the Speed Boost from the Scarf, whilst Skill Swap will be used against foes with troublesome abilities such as Clear Body, meaning that you're free to weaken them with Memento. Finally, Memento reduces the Attack and Special Attack of the opposing Pokemon by -2, which is equivalent to cutting it in half. That renders them nearly useless when the next Pokemon comes in.

gastrodon.png

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
EVs: 180 Hp / 172 Def / 156 SpD
Ability: Sticky Hold
-Memento
-Flash
-Substitute
-Recover

This Gastrodon is a tried and true Support Pokemon, with an original set developed by yours truly. The EVs and Nature give it virtually equal Def and SpD, while maximizing its Hp for the highest possible ammount of overall bulk. Memento is the same as last time, the last move. Substitute is to protect Gastrodon from hax as it sets up, Recover allows it to heal its injuries, and Flash (yeah, the sea slug gets Flash) is to lower my opponent's accuracy, and thus their chances of hitting my team members. Sticky Hold is also a useful ability, since it allows me to set up against Trick and Choice Item leads that would screw Uxie over.

drapion.png

Drapion @ Leftovers
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 Hp / 4 Atk / 32 Def / 220 SpD
Ability: Battle Armor
-Crunch
-Accupressure
-Substitute
-Rest

And finally, we finish with the ultimate BT setup sweeper, Accupressure Drapion. With Battle Armor blocking Crits, and the twin Mementos weakening any form of attack thrown at me to laughable levels, Drapion can become almost unstoppable and then proceed to wreck my opponent's whole team. Crunch is a stable STAB, Substitute is to prevent OHKO hax after Accupressure is done being set up, and Rest is a healing move. Drapion doesn't mind two turns of sleep after it becomes indestructable, so there's no need for me to fret over the side effect.

I'd make a threats list, but it's late and I'm tired, so maybe tomorrow. Fire away guys, I'm looking forward to this one.

Last edited:

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
Seeing as you have Rest and Battle Armour, Substitute might not actually be necessary on Drapion. It does protect you from OHKO moves, but at +6 you're only being outsped by QC users. Earthquake would be really damn useful against many of the 4x Dark resists in the Tower, but it's up to you, really.

Hell, I don't know why you posted this team, it's just you showing off how good at team-building you are.

Magnets

Banned
Hello, I am the Master Rater, the greatest rater on these forums, and, like Your Highness, I am on an ego trip to Serebii. I am only here because I am simply an underdog when compared to my equivalents at Smogon, and I am desperate for someone to grovel at my feet to make me feel better than I really am.

Also, congratulations on getting 383 with a team that was essentially a clone of Jumpman16's, although, unfortunately, not quite in the same calibre. Oh well, better luck this time, I guess.

Enough about us. On to the team.

Surely someone as brilliant as you would realise that high HP pokemon (e.g. Gastrodon) achieve more through investment in the Defences than in its dominant HP stat. As you probably already knew this, your EV spread on Gastrodon is most likely a test to see if the people rating this team are actually paying any attention to it. To prove that I am, I suggest running 180 HP / 212 Def / 116 SpD Bold to optimise your defences. It's basically an variant of your current spread, although the HP EVs allow you to hit the maximum Leftovers recovery point +1 (209). You may need to tweak this to match your IVs.

On Uxie, I would suggest running 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 Spe to outrun positive base 130s with the Scarf.

That is all for now; I will not attempt to find holes in your actual strategy, because Your Highness probably wouldn't like that.

Last edited:

[GS]

Staring at my phone
Who are you again? Eon Master? Doesn't ring a bell...

Why are you using West Sea Gastrodon when the East Sea
Gastrodon is moar Über?

We should have an Acupressure contest, your Drapion Vs.
my Shuckle, it would be EPIC.

See what you've done? You've left nothing for me to rate and
now I've had to spam up your pretty thread...

I am impress, good shit. ~.^

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
I just thought I'd mention that as much as I like V4E, he did not create/popularize that Uxie set. Skill Swap is an interesting option on him, though.

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
Long arse post is long arse.

Seeing as you have Rest and Battle Armour, Substitute might not actually be necessary on Drapion. It does protect you from OHKO moves, but at +6 you're only being outsped by QC users. Earthquake would be really damn useful against many of the 4x Dark resists in the Tower, but it's up to you, really.

Much as I'd love to do that, the French Gliscor, as well as any QC OHKO users would instantly be able to finish off Drapion if I did.

Hell, I don't know why you posted this team, it's just you showing off how good at team-building you are.

Well, I wanted to see if anybody new was semi-competent around here when it comes to the BT, and I've found that no, they aren't.

Hello, I am the Master Rater, the greatest rater on these forums, and, like Your Highness, I am on an ego trip to Serebii.

Apparently, you fail to recognize sarcasm. It may be the lowest form of wit, but that just means it should be easier to recognize.

Also, you are far from a master rater. You're decent at best, which is why you can't find a niche on Smogon.

I am only here because I am simply an underdog when compared to my equivalents at Smogon, and I am desperate for someone to grovel at my feet to make me feel better than I really am.

This made me lol. I'm not here because I'm an underdog on Smogon, I was a Serebii member and active IGRMT rater long before I even joined Smogon. I've been on the UU leaderboard in the mid 40's-30's range for extended periods of time, I'm a highly respected Warstory author, and I'm 6th on the Battle Frontier Records list. I'm also in the process of creating a new set for Glalie, which is posted in the Articles & Analyses section. Does any of that scream "Underdog!" to you?

And lol, grovel at my feet. If someone needs teh interwebz to feel good about themselves, that's a clue that they seriously need to get a life.

Also, congratulations on getting 383 with a team that was essentially a clone of Jumpman16's, although, unfortunately, not quite in the same calibre. Oh well, better luck this time, I guess.

Apparently, you're quite lacking in your actual knowledge. My team had actually surpassed Jumpman's original Accupressure Drapion team by a margin of more than the actual number of wins his team acchieved. Jumpman's new team is very different from mine, though I won't deny that it's far superior. Also, comparing DRAPULA I and my team, I have different EV spreads, and different movesets for Latias and Scizor.

Surely someone as brilliant as you would realise that high HP pokemon (e.g. Gastrodon) achieve more through investment in the Defences than in its dominant HP stat. As you probably already knew this, your EV spread on Gastrodon is most likely a test to see if the people rating this team are actually paying any attention to it. To prove that I am, I suggest running 180 HP / 212 Def / 116 SpD Bold to optimise your defences. It's basically an variant of your current spread, although the HP EVs allow you to hit the maximum Leftovers recovery point +1 (209). You may need to tweak this to match your IVs.

Congratulations on figuring that out, however your spead seems a bit skewed. If I wanted the optimum defensive spread, I'd be running 180 Hp / 172 Def / 156 SpD Bold. That gives me one point more in Special Defense than Defense, nearly evening my defenses.

On Uxie, I would suggest running 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 Spe to outrun positive base 130s with the Scarf.

That is a weak spread. 252 Hp / 88 Def / 100 SpD / 68 Spe Timid is the best "fast" spread you can give Uxie, in order for it to outspeed +1 (after Tricking the Scarf) Adamant 0 Spe Metagross so you can Skill Swap, T-Wave, and Memento against it. That is the spread I'll be using. Also, bear in mind that you never want a lead to have higher Defense than Special Defense, otherwise P-2 and P-Z leads can become extremely dangerous with a +1 SpA Download boost.

That is all for now; I will not attempt to find holes in your actual strategy, because Your Highness probably wouldn't like that.

If only because I already know what the weak points of the team are.

Who are you again? Eon Master? Doesn't ring a bell...

Dude, did I forget to mention you? -_- I'll fix that, sorry.

Why are you using West Sea Gastrodon when the East Sea
Gastrodon is moar Über?

Easier to find, easier to train, easier to breed for good IVs. Also, Arkies doesn't have a picture for the East Sea Gastrodon, iirc.

We should have an Acupressure contest, your Drapion Vs.
my Shuckle, it would be EPIC.

Lol, Shuckle wins hands-down because of EQ.

See what you've done? You've left nothing for me to rate and
now I've had to spam up your pretty thread...

Lol, how many times has this happened. And btw, there is stuff to rate, just nothing wrong with the team as is, per say.

I am impress, good shit. ~.^

Thanks mang, it's good to be king when you've got trolls and Magnets being stupid.

I just thought I'd mention that as much as I like V4E, he did not create/popularize that Uxie set. Skill Swap is an interesting option on him, though.

I'm aware, but he is the one who popularized TrickScarf and BT fanatacism on Serebii in general. Plus, most intelligent raters on here will almost immediatly associate the set with V4E, with him being the author of our Battle Tower Team Building Guide as well.

DrDimentio on Smogon came up with the original idea for that one, although he used it on Cresselia rather than Uxie iirc. I believe I'm the first one to use it in combination with Memento, however.

Magnets

Banned
Apparently, you fail to recognize sarcasm. It may be the lowest form of wit, but that just means it should be easier to recognize.

Surely you know how internet sarcasm fails? It's your own fault for not making it clear enough.

Also, you are far from a master rater. You're decent at best, which is why you can't find a niche on Smogon.

Likewise, you are far from a King. By Serebii standards, I am certainly a lot more than decent; besides, I highly doubt that you have seen enough of me to be able to form a justifiable opinion.

This made me lol. I'm not here because I'm an underdog on Smogon, I was a Serebii member and active IGRMT rater long before I even joined Smogon. I've been on the UU leaderboard in the mid 40's-30's range for extended periods of time, I'm a highly respected Warstory author, and I'm 6th on the Battle Frontier Records list. I'm also in the process of creating a new set for Glalie, which is posted in the Articles & Analyses section. Does any of that scream "Underdog!" to you?

Well, yes. Glalie? Nice pokemon balancing on the fringe of obscurity you've got there. 30th-45th on the leaderboard is nothing really special tbh; 6th is notable, but nothing to boast about. Perhaps if there was a "1st" in there somewhere I would give you the respect you think you deserve.

And lol, grovel at my feet. If someone needs teh interwebz to feel good about themselves, that's a clue that they seriously need to get a life.

Probably. That remark is probably more hepful to you than it is to me.

Apparently, you're quite lacking in your actual knowledge. My team had actually surpassed Jumpman's original Accupressure Drapion team by a margin of more than the actual number of wins his team acchieved.

Perhaps, but originally Jumpman didn't have an outstanding team to model off, did he?

Also, comparing DRAPULA I and my team, I have different EV spreads, and different movesets for Latias and Scizor.

I'll grant you "different". "Better" is a matter of opinion.

Congratulations on figuring that out, however your spead seems a bit skewed. If I wanted the optimum defensive spread, I'd be running 180 Hp / 172 Def / 156 SpD Bold. That gives me one point more in Special Defense than Defense, nearly evening my defenses.

Yes, but a higher investment in Def means that that you wouldn't take as much damage from Salamence Outrage etc; you know, the moves that actually kill you.

That is a weak spread. 252 Hp / 88 Def / 100 SpD / 68 Spe Timid is the best "fast" spread you can give Uxie, in order for it to outspeed +1 (after Tricking the Scarf) Adamant 0 Spe Metagross so you can Skill Swap, T-Wave, and Memento against it. That is the spread I'll be using.

Tbh the more foes you outspeed the better.

Also, bear in mind that you never want a lead to have higher Defense than Special Defense, otherwise P-2 and P-Z leads can become extremely dangerous with a +1 SpA Download boost.

Alternatively, Salamence and Garchomp leads can become potentially dangerous without enough Def investment. Which way would you rather go?

If only because I already know what the weak points of the team are.

If you did, you should have fixed them.

Thanks mang, it's good to be king when you've got trolls and Magnets being stupid.

I admire how you call someone stupid simply because they disagree with you.

Soroft

Cat and Mouse
This time royally sucks, My magikarp could ownz it. All laughable concepts aside:

EDIT: Okay, I did my homework this time. Late credit pl0x. - Garchomp has only one set with Outrage, and even with that the damage on this particular Uxie (assuming max IVs) will be about half health at best. I put the numbers in two different calcs and got 172 average and 190 max. Uxie's Hp is 354 iirc, putting it effectively still in the running. Against this particular Garchomp you won't be able to do much about Memento and the like after Scarfing, but the other three won't put you in a 2HKO range. Salamence's only Rage set requires setup, and on the off-chance it does attack instantly, it'll still be unable to OHKO without a major critical hit if I'm right. Neither will result in a bad position for you, or a major RageQuit. (Hah, geddit? No?....). Stick with what you have, Porygon-Z is awful for this team. Although if you have good Speed IVs, you should even be able to outspeed TrickScarf variants quite nicely. In other words, Magnets is wrong about the priority here.

The team is somewhat of a pseudo-BP, which I enjoy greatly since it doesn't have as many flaws. After all of the set-up, I'm going to guesstimate that it can OHKO just about everything non-resistant, and after the Memento(s) OHKO-2HKO everything else.

Sub is definitely required for Drapion, since the OHKO moves are really the team's kill-switch. If anything, Rest could be replaced, but it's more of a trial and error type thing, depending on the success of your very perplexing yet fascinating combo.

@ Magnets - You should really only be scoffing at his achievements when you reach that high. I find it silly to think that you're acting as if his major streaks are simply child's play, compared to how many people have tried and failed the BT.

By the way, I'm now depressed how I was never mentioned, however I suppose I'm still too new for it. I'll let it slide this time, but next time I may not be so lenient. xD

Good luck, and post a lame team to actually rate next time. The only content of this post is basically shaky confirmations. Other than the part I edited. That I'm almost positive of. Nonetheless, I shall still have to lurk a little on BT. D:

Last edited:

Soroft

Cat and Mouse
^ Due to my inferior BT experience, I understand the lulz and am happy to generate it. Nonetheless, sad panda. D:

Another thing to add, Heracross is a bit of a tough one to kill with Crunch. It can't exactly annhilate you with the Accupressure help, but it'll still provide a slight kick to the face. Another reason to add another attacking move, but Rest still has it's benefits. This one little tidbit is minimal, and really only added due to attempting as little spam as possible.

Last edited:

Ampy

Light The Stars
Soroft is trying Mason.

Wow Magnets... seriously that was a **** move. If you're going to act like I'd suggest you gtfo.

Status
Not open for further replies.