• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Heart and Soul: The one shot Contest!

lugia*master

Cheese XD
Darn. I failed, what a bummer. It was actually pretty good too. 23 pages of trails through death and danger in the Whirl Islands, all without revealing that the main characters is infact a Female Lugia and not a girl until the end. Boo.

Concept

Führer of Fun
Darn. I failed, what a bummer. It was actually pretty good too. 23 pages of trails through death and danger in the Whirl Islands, all without revealing that the main characters is infact a Female Lugia and not a girl until the end. Boo.

If I'm doing the maths right, deadline's not for another 7 and a half hours.

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
Wait, so in EST we have till 5 AM? I thought it was 6 PM... Ok, that wroks in my favor.

29 pages and still going...

Damn procrastination.
No, in EST you have until midnight tonight. I live in Britain, which is 5 hours ahead, so the deadline for me is 5AM.

Araleon

Chill
Oh, I'm sorry. Right after I posted I realized the front post said midnight. Sorry...

Araleon

Chill
I'm finished. I can't PM it yet, becaus eI'm walking out the door. I'l get it too you though!

Air Dragon

Ha, ha... not.
I'd like to throw in the towel, Golden.

I know it's unsportsmanlike, but i can't ask you for an extension of time. it just wouldn't be fair o the others. I tried to finish up but I was too tired and fell asleep behind my laptop. :(

I'm still kinda sleepy now and as i don't wish tocheat nature, I'll be turning in a friendly yet reluctant resignation.

I'll wish good luck to the remaining 15 entrants or so, and may the best author win.

EDIT: *sigh* Scratch that. I have four and a bit of change's hours left and i'll try to finish my crappy one-shot before then. No sense giving up this close to the end. Here we go... *yawn*

L@er!

Last edited:

Koridojo_Blaziken

Oh, phew. Thank god, you just save my brain from exploding due to the hassle of continually scanning it for words that could be deleted. XD It should probably take two PM's at the most. Thanks a bunch! ^^

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
I've sent mine. The story flowed pretty quickly from the idea. It may be short, but I put as much effort as I could into making it good to read.

Golden

I've sent mine. The story flowed pretty quickly from the idea. It may be short, but I put as much effort as I could into making it good to read.
Thank you. Finally someone who knows how to please the judges lol. Twenty three entries and I've only reviewed four. Yayy.

Koridojo_Blaziken

Mine has been submitted. It took about a month to write, not to mention a complete overhaul on the plot, but I'm pretty dang proud of the effort I put into it. Xd Even if it doesn't end up placing, I'll be happy enough if y'all enjoy the read. Just so long as I know it was fun for you guys. ^_^

Last edited:

Yonowaru in Chaos

gaspard de la nuit
Just to make sure, since time zones confuse me verily, does this mean, we have until roughly 4 hours left to send in our one-shot from the time of this post?

FocusPresenceEndurance

Aspiring Author
Heya! I just submitted mine! Last minute much? ^^ Anyway, I had fun writing this. Thank you to those who made this contest possible!