• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Heart and Soul: The one shot Contest!

Diddy

Renegade
We have ten days people.

TEN!

Where did the time go? Luckily I'm almost finished.

Starlight Aurate

Just a fallen star
Okay. . . I've done it. . . I figured out an ending, and I PM'd my one-shot to you, Golden.

Good luck to everybody in the contest!

katiekitten

The Compromise
Ooh, I've written quite a bit, but there is a huge chunk left and some editing to do. xD Must... Finish... :x

Congrats to those who've sent theirs in! xD

Draco Malfoy

-REaction
I'm sending my entry to Golden now. Hopefully I haven't abandonned SPP for so long that my writing abilities have corroded away. -.-;;

I hope you judges like Jasmine of Olivine.

Bay

YEAHHHHHHH
I'm sending my entry to Golden now. Hopefully I haven't abandonned SPP for so long that my writing abilities have corroded away. -.-;;

I hope you judges like Jasmine of Olivine.

DRACO! *hugs* Looking forward to your entry. Also, yes I do like Jasmine. :) Heh, you had judged my entry from that romance contest, so it should be fun judging your entry. *evil laugh*

SEVEN DAYS PARTY PEOPLE! :O

Draco Malfoy

-REaction
Just sent the entry. It should be in the judges' Inboxes now. That entry wasn't my greatest but hey, considering how rusty I've gotten, I'm just happy it's not my worst! XD

Anyway, Bay, it looks like you're taking good care of this contest. Kudos. Just don't abandon it like I did to the Requiem contest. *hides in a corner in shame*

Looking forward to reading the other entrants' one-shots!

Chozo

My Serebii face
DRACO! *hugs* Looking forward to your entry. Also, yes I do like Jasmine. :) Heh, you had judged my entry from that romance contest, so it should be fun judging your entry. *evil laugh*

SEVEN DAYS PARTY PEOPLE! :O

I'm almost done =D

Then I have to edit and proofread...all this...

=(

The Doctor

Absolute Beginner
I finally came up and fully fleshed out an idea I'd like to use...but I came up with it with 13 days to go. I'll never be able to get it finished, so I've given up on the competition. Best of luck to all entrants, and I eagerly await your one-shots like a scientist awaits a lab specimen.

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
I have a beginning hammered out, and am writing in the Pokemonized folk tale that sets up the mystery, but in the introduction for said story, Sakura (who I've made the Umbreon Kimono Girl) mentions "the four regions"--would that be breaking the "no Houen and Shinou references" rule? If it is, I can just delete the "four"

Bay

YEAHHHHHHH
I have a beginning hammered out, and am writing in the Pokemonized folk tale that sets up the mystery, but in the introduction for said story, Sakura (who I've made the Umbreon Kimono Girl) mentions "the four regions"--would that be breaking the "no Houen and Shinou references" rule? If it is, I can just delete the "four"

Ruby, references to other regions is fine, so the line "the four regions" is cool. Also, Sakura has Espeon, not Umbreon (if you're going anime canon). Just letting know your mistake early one. :)

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
I set up the Kimono Girls as they are in the games and renamed the Umbreon girl Sakura as a reference to the show (as well as thinking up two more girls to account for Glaceon and Leafeon)

Chozo

My Serebii face
31 pages in, 4 days to go. I CAN DO EET

Oh, and whoever at Nintendo decided that Ecruteak should have two different versions of the legend of the towers between the game and the anime is awesome, because I get to BS my own version and not have it be wrong because technically not even the canon is sure! Thanks Nintendo, you're the greatest!

EDIT: lol, nearing 80k+ chars with spaces. This fic is going to be the short story equivalent of a two-flusher. And about as good =(

Last edited:

Magmus

Kindred Spirit
Hey, all!

I know it's a bit late into this contest, and I know I may be new to this forum, but is it still permissible for entries to be submitted? Or are you swamped with entries? I do have a question, however: does it have to be written in short story form or can it be written in other various forms, e.g. drama? After reading so much Aeschylean and Euripidean tragedy, I feel compelled to write something like this about something in Johto, my absolute favorite region. Let me know what your perspective is on this. Best regards and good luck to all the competitors!

Magmus

Chozo

My Serebii face
Hey, all!

I know it's a bit late into this contest, and I know I may be new to this forum, but is it still permissible for entries to be submitted? Or are you swamped with entries? I do have a question, however: does it have to be written in short story form or can it be written in other various forms, e.g. drama? After reading so much Aeschylean and Euripidean tragedy, I feel compelled to write something like this about something in Johto, my absolute favorite region. Let me know what your perspective is on this. Best regards and good luck to all the competitors!

Magmus

Pretty sure anything in "short story" format (begins and ends in one piece) is okay. Of course, given that there's four days to go I don't think you're going to be turning out anything huge unless you're a literary god.

Magmus

Kindred Spirit
Chozo, I'm not sure I really wish to submit a short story for this contest. I feel compelled to write a drama. The vibes I received from the topic title itself just screamed, "Greek drama!" for whatever reason. Call me crazy, but that is how I see it. What I am trying to figure out is if it is allowed to write a drama and submit it for this contest.

The Doctor

Absolute Beginner
There's no reason not to, as long as it's about Johto. But there's only four days to go until submissions are closed.