• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Heart and Soul: The one shot Contest!

elyvorg

somewhat backwards.
Okay, so we have, like, fifteen entries already and there's probably going to be a whole flood of them on the 25th. And because I seem to have recently decided it would be really fun to while away the hours replaying some of my old videogames instead of actually doing anything productive, I haven't even finished reviewing the second entry.

...I am so screwed. D:

Air Dragon

Ha, ha... not.
You're screwed?!

I haven't finished mine, have a mock exam tomorrow, a class to attend, another one to teach, a strong possibility of a chapter to review tomorrow, five chapters of my regular fic to finish if i want to stay on schedule, and have to prepare for a class at 7 a.m. on monday morning...

...AND I've been playing EFFING VIDEO GAMES TOO!

And you say you're screwed?! Oh, brother...

gotta figure out how to type like a man possessed tomorrow...

L@er!

Chozo

My Serebii face
Almost done editing my magnum opus =D

One month later

"Chozo's story is last place because Chozo is a stupid tl;dr fathead who is fat"

=(

Araleon

Chill
Gah! I'm typing too much! 19 pages in and not at the climax yet... :( I'm right there with you AD...

But! I will finish and submit! I'm very pleased with my one-shot so far, so yeah.

31 pages in, 4 days to go. I CAN DO EET

EDIT: lol, nearing 80k+ chars with spaces. This fic is going to be the short story equivalent of a two-flusher. And about as good =(

I have been beaten at literary fisticuffs.
27 pages.
74, 215 chars with spaces.

I'll get to editing and hopefully have my entry done by tomorrow.

Lol, if there's anyone willing to beta...

Chozo

My Serebii face
Sent my entry, all seven (!) PMs of it. I could send it as a Word file or something if that would be easier but...yeah.

But hey, at least part 7's pretty short.

Draco Malfoy

-REaction
*Gasps after seeing the word count of Chozo's entry, and faints after seeing that Bright Side is 27 pages into his entry and is still not finished*

Ah, crud, now I feel like my shorter, fits-in-one-PM entry is paltry and insignificant. >.<;;

Oh well, at least we'll have a lot of entries to read! And reading lots of entries is always fun. (Unless you're a judge and you're forced to do so. D: )

Draco Malfoy

-REaction
*Gasps after seeing the word count of Chozo's entry, and faints after seeing that Bright Side is 27 pages into his entry and is still not finished*

Ah, crud, now I feel like my shorter, fits-in-one-PM entry is paltry and insignificant. >.<;;

Oh well, at least we'll have a lot of entries to read! And reading lots of entries is always fun. (Unless you're a judge and you're forced to do so. D: )

Breezy

I am actually quite the fan of shorter entries ... =P

I jest.

Either way, came in to warn procrastinators that you have roughly ... a day.

Edit: And I meant to post that at 2am here, 5am EST, but I fail by a minute. =(

Edit x 2: I'm not sure why I bothered counting. Entries are starting to back up for me.

Speaking of which, I've been on top of entries for this contest (surprisingly), so hopefully I'll be able to review the rest in maybe a week or two (more or less). Depends if the remaining entries are long or not.

Edit x 3: I can has the edit to avoid confusion!

Last edited:

purple_drake

E/GL obsessed

No kiddin'; and here I was initially worried my entry would spin out of control. Apparently my restraint in keeping it on-topic and not turning into another story altogether has its benefits. o.o;

Either way, came in to warn procrastinators that you have roughly ... 42 hours and 59 minutes to finish. And I might be doing that wrong. Could be more ... could be less.

...Pretty much, just get to it. >_>

*raises hand* I'm actually done, but I was holding off to see if I could wring a bit of extra feedback from someone when/if they come online.

If not then you'll get a one-message-fits-all entry a little sooner. =3

Draco Malfoy

-REaction

Golden

Okay, I need to clear something up. Entries should be in no later than 11:59 TONIGHT. I thought I explained this earlier, but I guess I wasn't as clear. The reason is tomorrow, Saturday, my parents will be away so I'll have a lot of time to finish reviewing. So, please send your entries in before midnight tonight.

Chozo: ... I just got your entry, unfortunately lol. Wow.. Seven PMs. *thinks about how he should've put a length restriction* I'm officially a fan of short one shots.

Diddy: Correct. You should send it in by 7 PM your time.

purple_drake

E/GL obsessed
SENT IT IN YAY.

Also I was like 30 characters over the limit at first, what the. Managed to edit it down though, yay~

Last edited:

lugia*master

Cheese XD
I'll have to get it on quicker. It's my birthday tomorrow, and we're all going away this evening, so I'll have to be quick!

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
Well, this stinks. After having a random one-shot idea, seeing this contest, and finding that my idea fit the brief, it's already over... :(

EDIT: Oops, never mind. EST is GMT-5, so as long I send it in by 5AM, I'm okay :)

RonAndRalts

Psychic Master
omg if i woulda found out about this earlieri sooo woulda done it but it takes me at least 4 days to write a good short story.... too bad i guess ima habce to wait for another contest... :)

Araleon

Chill
Well, this stinks. After having a random one-shot idea, seeing this contest, and finding that my idea fit the brief, it's already over... :(

EDIT: Oops, never mind. EST is GMT-5, so as long I send it in by 5AM, I'm okay :)

Wait, so in EST we have till 5 AM? I thought it was 6 PM... Ok, that wroks in my favor.

29 pages and still going...

Damn procrastination.