• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Heart Broken {Semi-Competitive}

Bossk

Like a champ.
Looks like life took a swing at me again....

Well life basically sucks. I'm heartbroken and feel useless, have had crazy thoughts as what to do with it, and I think I'm just blowing things out of proportion. I don't know what to do exactly, and I fear I won't. I'm left out in the dust, heartbroken. But all I can see is a hand extended with a palm opened for me.

~At a Glance~
Spr_4p_481.png
Spr_4p_197.png
Spr_4h_006.png
Spr_4h_018.png
Spr_4d_028.png
Spr_4p_429.png

~In Depth Look~
Spr_b_g4_481.png

Mesprit@Leftovers
~Jolly
~Ev's: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Spe
-Stealth Rock
-U-Turn
-Zen Headbutt
-Thunderwave

Horribly standard, I know. I like this set and need a proper lead.
Ah, Mesprit, being of emotion. Emotions is the getting the worst of me now. I was trying to escape emotion, always did, but now, I must face it and embrace it for the next time around.

Spr_b_g4_197.png

Umbreon@Leftovers
~Sassy
~Ev's 252 HP/100 Atk / 156 Sp. Def

-Wish
-Payback
-Toxic
-Protect

Yet again, standard, but I do need the support and he fits the role of the team and the theme of the team.

Umbreon. He represents friendship and support at the darkest hour. When I needed it, it was there. My brothers were there before anyone else was and they always will be. Umbreon represents my brothers, friendship, and support, all in the darkest hour of greatest need.

Spr_b_g4_006.png

Charizard@Life Orb
~Adamant~
~Ev's: 252 Atk/112 Spe/144 HP
-DragonDance
-Roost

-Earthquake
-Fire Punch

Psychical Sweeper
Ah, Charizard. He represents my burning love and the burning passion and ambition I once had. I don't know where it all is anymore, I don't know what or where anything is anymore.

Spr_b_g4_018.png

Pidgeot@Leftovers
~Timid
~Ev's: 248 HP / 116 SpAtk / 144 Spe
-Roost
-Air Slash
-HP {Fighting}
-Feather Dance

Meh, decided not to go psychical on it this time.
Pidgeot represents my love that once soared, it may or may not be anymore, maybe at a standstill. I can't figure this out.

Spr_b_g4_028.png

Sandslash@Leftovers
~Adamant~
~Ev's: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
-Swords Dance
-Rapid Spin
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake

I need a rapid spinner, and its the only set that I could find. Not in my most creative mood at the moment.
Slashed my heart right open, gushing everything from the inside to out. Now its ripped and teared, all into pieces, everywhere....

Spr_b_g4_429.png

Mismagius@Choice Specs
~Timid~
~Ev's 252 SpA/252 Spe/4 HP
-Shadow Ball
-Signal Beam
-Thunderbolt
-HP {Fire}

Special Sweeper
A creepy Ghost, lurking in the shadows, is what like I have become. Now its like a poison, rotting me and my heart, obscuring my love, the poison hitting me directly.

My final amendments regarding this team. The synergy isn't great, it probably isn't. The roles don't fit in well together, I guess. You may suggest Pokemon, but when you do try to keep the theme in regard to it. Hit me with your best shot, make it crucial advise, and make it harsh.

My only wish:
NO BAD RATERS That means you Terry

By the way, changes will be in italics so rates will be easier to understand/read rather than bold

Last edited:

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
Despite the theme, I love it.

Since U-Turn is only for switching purposes, I don't think running any Atk investment on Mesprit is really necessary. Having said that, I don't know much about Mesprit at all.

I noticed that on Charizard, you have a Modest Nature. Don't you mean Adamant? It's a purely physical set. And you are using SpAtk EVs. Speaking of Charizard, I would re-invest those 4 HP EVs into Def to let you switch into Stealth Rock twice and stay alive. Pidgeot also shares this problem; I would switch to 248 HP / 116 SpAtk / 144 Spe to give you a fourth Switch into Stealth Rock.

They're all of the problems I noticed for now. It's not a good rate because I fail competitively but w/e. I probably shouldn't have even rated this given that you only wanted good rates. Hope it helps.

Last edited:

Bossk

Like a champ.
Despite the theme, I love it.

Since U-Turn is only for switching purposes, I don't think running any Atk investment on Mesprit is really necessary. Having said that, I don't know much about Mesprit at all.

Ah, okay. Should I reinvest those into Special Attack and then maybe Defense/Special Defense? Or maybe Speed? I'm not entirely sure. Not good with Mesprit either xD

I noticed that on Charizard, you have a Modest Nature. Don't you mean Adamant? It's a purely physical set. And you are using SpAtk EVs. Speaking of Charizard, I would re-invest those 4 HP EVs into Def to let you switch into Stealth Rock twice and stay alive. Pidgeot also shares this problem; I would switch to 248 HP / 116 SpAtk / 144 Spe to give you a fourth Switch into Stealth Rock.

Yeah, I meant Adamant xD Ah hell, I made it Special then realized I have Gengar so I made it Psychical and forgot to edit the EVs and Nature. Silly me.

Okay, the EVs are understandable. I'll edit the first post now.

They're all of the problems I noticed for now. It's not a good rate because I fail competitively but w/e. I probably shouldn't have even rated this given that you only wanted good rates. Hope it helps.

Better than TerryBetter than I would've done xD

Master_of_grass

War Never Changes
Maybe consider a sassy nature on Umbreon so that you will almost always go last and Umbreon is guaranteed to be hit so that paybacks power is doubled most of the time

Eon Master

Born from the Flames

Well life basically sucks. I'm heartbroken and feel useless, have had crazy thoughts as what to do with it, and I think I'm just blowing things out of proportion. I don't know what to do exactly, and I fear I won't. I'm left out in the dust, heartbroken. But all I can see is a hand extended with a palm opened for me.

~At a Glance~
Spr_4p_481.png
Spr_4p_197.png
Spr_4h_006.png
Spr_4h_018.png
Spr_4d_028.png
429.png

~In Depth Look~
Spr_b_g4_481.png

Mesprit@Leftovers
~Jolly
~Ev's: 252 HP/4Atk/252Spe
-Stealth Rock
-U-Turn
-Thunder Wave
-Zen Headbutt

Ah, Mesprit, being of emotion. Emotions is the getting the worst of me now. I was trying to escape emotion, always did, but now, I must face it and embrace it for the next time around.

You should probably change her into a proper lead, so try this. T-Wave to force switches and cripple Anti-Leads that you can outspeed, and Zen Headbutt to deal with the seemingly infinite number of Fire leads in UU.

Spr_b_g4_197.png

Umbreon@Leftovers
~Careful
~Ev's 252 HP/92 Sp.D/164 Spe
-Wish
-Payback
-Toxic
-Protect

Yet again, standard, but I do need the support and he fits the role of the team and the theme of the team.

Umbreon. He represents friendship and support at the darkest hour. When I needed it, it was there. My brothers were there before anyone else was and they always will be. Umbreon represents my brothers, friendship, and support, all in the darkest hour of greatest need.

Thanks man. Glad to be here for you, and you're here for me too. I'll probably end up craking out a team like this sometime in the next week.

Spr_b_g4_006.png

Charizard@Life Orb
~Adamant~
-Roost
-Dragon Dance
-Earthquake
-Fire Punch

Psychical Sweeper
Ah, Charizard. He represents my burning love and the burning passion and ambition I once had. I don't know where it all is anymore, I don't know what or where anything is anymore.

Am I seriously the only one who noticed that Physical Charizard had a Modest nature? This guy is screaming for a Dragon Dance set.

Spr_b_g4_018.png

Pidgeot@Leftovers
~Timid
~Ev's: 252 HP/112 SpA/144 Spe
-Roost
-Air Slash
-HP {Ground}/HP Fighting
-Feather Dance

Pidgeot represents my love that once soared, it may or may not be anymore, maybe at a standstill. I can't figure this out.

Looks alright. HP Fighting would get better coverage though.

Spr_b_g4_028.png

Sandslash@Leftovers
~Adamant~
-Swords Dance
-Rapid Spin
-Night Slash/Rock Slide/Stone Edge
-Earthquake

I need a rapid spinner, and its the only set that I could find. Not in my most creative mood at the moment.
Slashed my heart right open, gushing everything from the inside to out. Now its ripped and teared, all into pieces, everywhere....

This is a great set. Rock Slide or Stone Edge works over Night Slash for better coverage and more power at the cost of some accuracy.

429.png

Mismagius@Choice Specs
~Timid~
-Shadow Ball
-Signal Beam
-Thunderbolt
-HP {Fire}

Special Sweeper
A creepy Ghost, lurking in the shadows, is what like I have become. Now its like a poison, rotting me and my heart, obscuring my love, the poison hitting me directly.

The only problem with Gengar is that it would force this team into the OU teir. So, I suggest Mismagius, the UU Gengar. This set is more for an OU play set, but it works easily as well in UU. It also still fits your theme, probably better than Gengar IMO.

My final amendments regarding this team. The synergy isn't great, it probably isn't. The roles don't fit in well together, I guess. You may suggest Pokemon, but when you do try to keep the theme in regard to it. Hit me with your best shot, make it crucial advise, and make it harsh.

My only wish:

You know the drill. This is an excellent team, I can see this doing great damage in UU. I really feel for you on this, man. Good luck sorting things out.

Final

I Submit to No One

~At a Glance~
Spr_4p_481.png
Spr_4p_197.png
Spr_4h_006.png
Spr_4h_018.png
Spr_4p_429.png

~In Depth Look~
Spr_b_g4_481.png

Mesprit@Leftovers
~Jolly
~Ev's: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Spe
-Stealth Rock
-U-Turn
-Zen Headbutt
-Thunderwave

How is this standard again? Anyway, it looks fine.

Spr_b_g4_197.png

Umbreon@Leftovers
~Sassy
~Ev's 252 HP/100 Atk / 156 Sp. Def
-Wish
-Payback
-Toxic
-Protect

You don't need any Speed on Umbreon unless you're using Taunt. The alternate spread basically turns it into a bit of a Special wall although not to the level of Chansey or Blissey. Still, it counters Mismagius. 100 Attack EVs lets Umbreon always OHKO the standard Mismagius as well as always break Cresselia's Substitiutes with Payback. With the Special Defense EVs, Umbreon will be able to take all sorts of Special hits very well. Mismagius' +2 HP [Fighting] won't 2HKO thanks to Leftovers unless Stealth Rock is down and even then it isn't guaranteed and Cresselia will have a tough time getting through Umbreon even with HP [Fighting]. A Sassy Nature is used instead of a Careful one so Umbreon will almost always move last meaning Payback will hit at 100 base power before factoring in STAB. You could also consider Heal Hell over Toxic or Protect should status be a problem since Heal Bell can rid Charizard or Mismagius of Paralysis that slows it down or Poison that could cut down their sweeping turns.

Spr_b_g4_006.png

Charizard@Life Orb
~Adamant~
-DragonDance
-Roost

-Earthquake
-Fire Punch

Psychical Sweeper

I think you mean Attack instead of Special Attack with the EVs and an Adamant Nature instead of a Modest one. Charizard could also run Hidden Power [Grass] in the Roost slot so it can get through bulky waters easier. ThunderPunch can work too but then you're stuck against the part Ground Typed ones. Just move the HP EVs into Special Attack if you use HP [Grass] and use a Lonely or Naughty Nature.

Spr_b_g4_018.png

Pidgeot@Leftovers
~Timid
~Ev's: 248 HP / 116 SpAtk / 144 Spe
-Roost
-Air Slash
-HP {Fighting}
-Feather Dance

Looks alright.

Spr_b_g4_028.png

Sandslash@Leftovers
~Adamant~
-Swords Dance
-Rapid Spin
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake

Spr_b_g4_429.png

Mismagius@Choice Specs
~Timid~
-Shadow Ball
-Trick
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power [Fighting] / Hidden Power [Ground]

Special Sweeper

You may want to consider Trick over Signal Beam so you can cripple walls and all that and use HP [Fighting] over HP [Fire] so you can get through Dark Types. Hidden Power [Ground] however can be considered since it hits Drapion who otherwise counters Mismagius well if Specially Defensive Super Effectively as well as Steel Types and it doesn't force you to use an imperfect Speed IV like HP [Fire] and [Fighting] do. Signal Beam is uneeded since Shadow Ball covers Psychics not to mention it gets STAB and Hidden Power [Fighting] covers the Dark Types Signal Beam covers.

My only wish:

Suggestions bolded. Anyway, this team actually doesn't have that bad synergy. Think about it. Umbreon covers Mismagius' Ghost and Dark weaknesses while Mismagius covers Umbreon's Fighting and Bug weaknesses. Charizard can also use those Fighting and Bug Attacks aimed at Umbreon to get a free switch-in and potentially a free set-up if said Bug and Fighting Attacks are Choiced.

Bossk

Like a champ.
Okay, thank you for all of your rates, I'm just doing one last bump in case. Any more suggestions? I updated the first post.

hailflameblast

I'm coming...
I'm not commenting on the theme. To each his own. Anyway, what I was thinking of for Mesprit was this annoyer Stealth Rock lead.

Mesprit@Choice Scarf
252 HP 252 Spe 6 SpAtk
Bold
-Trick
-Thunder Wave
-Stealth Rock
-Psychic

Just my 2 cents.

Bossk

Like a champ.
I like your set, but to be honest I kind of don't like TrickScarf for anything outside of the tower. I think I might stick to my original set.

Bossk

Like a champ.
I like your set, but to be honest I kind of don't like TrickScarf for anything outside of the tower. I think I might stick to my original set.