• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Heart-Gold Run-Through :D

Cmack102

Right, so I've thought out a team for my Heart-Gold run-through. I'm not fussed about the items on them, but I've though of the move-sets and the natures.
~
Typhlosion (Modest)

Heat Wave
Solar-Beam (Covers ALL it's weaknesses, perhaps a Power Herb?)
Will-O-Wisp
Focus Blast

~
Espeon (Modest)

Psychic
Shadow Ball
Reflect (Due to it's low defenses)
Signal Beam (Type Coverage)

~
Forretress (Sassy)

Light Screen (Even up it's defense stats)
Earthquake (Type Coverage)
Rest
Explosion?

~
Weavile (Adamant)

Aerial Ace (Covers 2 of it's weaknesses)
Night Slash
Dig (Covers 3 of it's weaknesses)
Swords Dance

~
Politoed (Modest) (Wide Lens for that 10% boost to Accuracy)

Hypnosis (Hence the Wide Lens)
Surf
Mud Bomb (Coverage for Electric)
Ice Beam (Coverage for Grass)

~
Donphan (Jolly)

Sunny Day (He's a team player<3)
Fire Fang (Also covers ice and grass, assuming Sunny Day gets up and running)
Seed Bomb (Covers water)
Earthquake

~

Thanks C:

Last edited:

Ludakrix

Legen-waitforit-dary
My suggestion is to put Sunny Day somewhere on this team. This opens up SunnyBeaming on your Typhlosion and also there are no water types that would lose power to the intense Sunlight. The problem with this is that you have 3 pokemon weak to Fire and no moves that are super effective against them (except for moves on two of those pokemon). You might want a Water or Rock/Ground type to help this glaring weakness in your team. Luckily, Fire is not a common type in this game and no gyms (besides Blaine) use Fire.

Also to note: Skarmory and Ursaring are SS exclusive, so you'll have to trade in order to get those two. Also, Sneasal cannot evolve until beating the Elite Four for the first time. Finally, half of these pokemon do not come until the 7th gym, so you might want to plan accordingly (breeding and sending pokemon over, etc.)

Cmack102

I can switch Ursaring with the other exclusive, Donphan, that would also cover fire types. But with the no water type thing, I could switch out Skarmory for either Poliwrath or Politoed, both of which I love. I'll edit the Original Post so it has these changes. Also I intend to use other pokemon along the way to get through the game, however this is the team I'd like to end up with.

Last edited:

telivisionhead

My suggestion is to put Sunny Day somewhere on this team. This opens up SunnyBeaming on your Typhlosion and also there are no water types that would lose power to the intense Sunlight. The problem with this is that you have 3 pokemon weak to Fire and no moves that are super effective against them (except for moves on two of those pokemon). You might want a Water or Rock/Ground type to help this glaring weakness in your team. Luckily, Fire is not a common type in this game and no gyms (besides Blaine) use Fire.

Also to note: Skarmory and Ursaring are SS exclusive, so you'll have to trade in order to get those two. Also, Sneasal cannot evolve until beating the Elite Four for the first time. Finally, half of these pokemon do not come until the 7th gym, so you might want to plan accordingly (breeding and sending pokemon over, etc.)

I strongly agree man. *Tips hat* Well done for explaining that! I was about to but you've done it for me thankyou!