• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~Heart Gold Team~

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
I'm currently preparing for E4(second time) then finally Red. Need help with movesets and items. Chnages will be in bold. I dont care about IVs, but i must be really lucky cos all except Ampharos have amazing IVs. Tyranitar has 31 in Attack, Mismagius has 31 in Sp.Attack(not 100% sure and Ho-oh has 30 in Attack(not sure again). Feraligatr and Heracross both have high IVs in Speed. These are their highest IVs, not sure about the others.

Feraligatr lv. 60
Brave nature
Alert to Sounds
Torrent
Item: None

Waterfall
Ice Fang
Crunch
Earthquake

All out offense. Thinking of replacing Ice Fang for Ice Punch once i get enough shards. Item help needed.

Ampharos lv. 60
Modest nature
A little quick-tempered
Static
Item: Zoom Lens

Signal Beam
Thunderbolt
Focus Blast
Thunder Wave

Para-hax, literally. When im not using thunder wave, thunder has a 30% chance of paralysing and to top it off, a nice 30% chance of the opponent getting paralysed by Static. It currently has Discharge, which also has a 30% chance of paralysing and a decent power. Im a little worried about thunder with Red though. Since Tyranitar's sand stream would be on(and he's supposed to come out first and deal with pikachu), Thunder's accuracy might falter. Not to sure about it though, but i think i read i somewhere. Is it true? And also thinking of Power Gem.

Mismagius lv.59
Mild nature
Mischievous
Levitate

Shadow Ball
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Energy ball

Again need help with item. Considering Wise Glasses.

Tyranitar lv.60
Naughty nature
Likes to thrash about(31 IVs in Attack)
Sand Stream

Earthquake
Crunch
Stone Edge
Surf

I know what you're thinking. But i really need Surf and Tyranitar doesnt have bad special attack, so...why not? Other than that, item help again. Sand stream should help against Red. Otherwise, Tyranitar's a monster.

Ho-oh lv.60
Lonely nature
Proud of its power
Pressure
Item:None

Thunderbolt
Fly
Earth Power
Sacred Fire

Item help once again. Thinking of giving him more physical moves. My Flier ingame otherwise.

Heracross lv. 59
Adamant nature
Somewhat of a clown
Guts
Item: Choice Scarf

Night Slash
Megahorn
Close Combat
Rock Slide

Item help yet again. Considering Toxic Orb(for Guts) Wanted X Scissor on him, but didnt know he cant learn it....thinking about replacing aerial ace with rock slide. And i want Swords dance on him aswell.

This is it. Rate away.

Last edited:

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
Imo, most Feraligatr play best when using a Dragon Dance set, which involves replacing Crunch for Dragon Dance, which is only obtainable through breeding. Also, no matter what you, Ice Punch is the better choice over Ice Fang in this case, so get that as soon as you can. To help you while you're setting up with Dragon Dance, you could use the Leftovers for recovery. Also, you will probably want to try and get an Adamant Nature on this.

Ampharos looks fine as it is, I strongly recommend against Thunder. It's far too inaccurate outside of Rain, and the game will just love making it miss three or four times in a row because it can. I really recommend you keep Discharge here.

Since you're in desperate need of a good Special Sweeper, I would recommend a Nasty Plot Mismagius.

429.png

Mismagius @ Life Orb
• Timid Nature
~ Nasty Plot
~ Substitute
~ Shadow Ball
~ Thunderbolt / Hidden Power [Fighting]

After a Nasty Plot or two, she is easily capable of sweeping entire teams in-game. The idea with this set is to come in on an opponent, Sub up, plot as much as you want, and then unleash hell with STAB Shadow Ball and one of your two high-coverage moves. Imo, HP[Fighting] is the better option because it provides outstanding coverage alongside Shadow Ball, but you may prefer not to re-breed. Substitute is very important because the AI is immensely stupid and will attempt to hit it with Status moves, giving you free setup turns. The Life Orb can be replaced with Leftovers if you would rather not have all the recoil.

Given that you really want Surf, Tyranitar's fine.

I'm not sure about Ho-Oh. You might want to leave him as this team is quite physically based.

I'd strongly recommend against Toxic Orb on Heracross as the Flame Orb doesn't increase its damage, nor does it effect you outside of battle. I'd switch to one of the following sets, all of which are fairly self-explanitory.

214.png

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
• Adamant Nature
~ Megahorn
~ Close Combat
~ Night Slash
~ Rock Slide / Stone Edge

Heracross (Guts) @ Life Orb / Flame Orb
• Jolly Nature
~ Megahorn
~ Close Combat
~ Swords Dance
~ Rock Slide / Facade

Hope it helps.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Thanks, but i'd really prefer not to rebreed ok? Just the one thing.

And gonna go with your other suggestions but i have two questions.

I'm using Zoom Lens to boost Ampharos's accuracy with moves like focus blast and thunder. SO shouldnt that help with thunder's innacuracy? But since Tyranitar's on my team, i have no choice, i guess, but to keep discharge. How about Thunderbolt? Better option than Discharge? All in all, i think Amphy's Thunder could've benefitted with a Rain Dancer/Kyogre in the team.....

And another question. Doesnt the burn in Flame Orb decrease your Attack, making Guts useless? Correct me if i'm wrong.

Thanks in advance!

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
Thanks, but i'd really prefer not to rebreed ok? Just the one thing.
In that case, SD 'Gatr will be fine. You can teach Swords Dance > Dragon Dance. Normally, you would use Awua Jet here but Waterfall can stay if you're not re-breeding.

I'm using Zoom Lens to boost Ampharos's accuracy with moves like focus blast and thunder. SO shouldnt that help with thunder's innacuracy? But since Tyranitar's on my team, i have no choice, i guess, but to keep discharge. How about Thunderbolt? Better option than Discharge? All in all, i think Amphy's Thunder could've benefitted with a Rain Dancer/Kyogre in the team.....
It does boost it, but only by 10%. So, you're going from 70% to 77% which imo isn't worth the item, and is still extremely unreliable. And yea, Tyranitar messes with it too much. In fact, you may want to replace it altogether for that reason... While Thunderbolt could work, Ampharos really needs the Paralysis chance. However, alongside Thunder Wave, you should be fine with Thunderbolt so you can use that.

And another question. Doesnt the burn in Flame Orb decrease your Attack, making Guts useless? Correct me if i'm wrong.
Guts negates the Burn's effect.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Ok, thanks again!

But which move should i make Feraligatr forget to make way for Swords Dance?

Edits will be in bold