• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Heart Gold Team

Gligari

Shiny Hunter
I have made a heart gold team and I have finally let go of my starter. I am not changing pokemon.

Arkeis-Metagross.png

Metagross @ Leftovers
Evs. {252 Attk }{252 Sp. Def}{6 Speed}
Nature: Brave
-Agility
-Meteor Mash
-Zen Headbut
-Fire Punch

lapras.png

Laparas @ Leftovers
Evs.{252 Hp}{252 Special Attack}{6 Speed}
Nature.Modest
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Toxic

togekiss.png

Togekiss@ Sky Plate
Evs.{252 Special attack}{252 Hp}{6 Speed}
Nature. Modest
-Air Slash
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Aura Sphere

carnivine.png

Carnivine @ Life Orb
Evs.{252 Hp}{252 Special Attack}{6 Attack}
Nature.Mild
-Power Whip
-Crunch
-Energy Ball
-Leech Seed

raichu121.png

ShinyRaichu @ Muscle band
Evs.{252 attack}{252 Hp}{252 Speed}
Nature.Jolly
-Brick Break
-Thunderpunch
-Dig
-Charge

flygon.png

Flygon @ Choice Band
Evs.{252 attack.}{252 speed.}{6 speed.}
Nature.Jolly
-Dragon Claw
-Fire Punch
-EarthQuake
-Draco Meteor

Last edited:

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I have made a heart gold team and I have finally let go of my starter. I am not changing pokemon.

162.png

Furret @ Choice Band
Evs. 252 Attack/252 Speed/6 HP
Nature Adamant
-Sucker Punch
-Return
-Thunderpunch
-Ice Punch

lapras.png

Laparas @ Leftovers
Evs 252 HP/252 Special Attack/6 Speed
Nature Modest
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Toxic/Protect

togekiss.png

Togekiss@ Leftovers
Evs. 252 HP/252 Special Attack/6 Speed
Nature.
-Air Slash
-Nasty Plot
-Thunderwave
-Aura Sphere

carnivine.png

Carnivine @ Leftovers
Evs 252 HP/252 Attack/6 Speed
Nature.
-Power Whip
-Crunch
-Return
-Leech Seed

raichu121.png

Raichu @ Leftovers
Evs. 252 HP/252 Special Attack/6 Speed
Nature Modest
-Nasty Plot
-Thunderbolt
-HP [Ice]
-Substitute/Thunderwave

flygon.png

Flygon @ Choice Band
Evs. 252 Attack/252 Speed/6 HP
Nature Jolly
-Dragon Claw
-Fire Punch
-Earthquake
-Crunch

Comments in bold

Gligari

Shiny Hunter
Should I put growth on carnivine to up special attack on energy ball? And if I did that would I even need power whip? I could switch in a Leech seed instead.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Carnivine's Attack > Special Attack, so don't bother with Energy Ball/Growth. Leech Seed is a great move to use.

Gligari

Shiny Hunter
Leech seed is a way better move than stockpile. Leach Seed>>> Stockpile

I dont have earthquake on Flygon only because I dont have any more Tms for earthquake. I dont want to get crunch from a Trapinch when I can have a quick evolution to flygon from vibrava.

Items. I have one in most categories.

I obtained a alternate colored pichu from platinum. Knowing charge and volt tackle. I want a good sub-punch effect with raichu.

I took your advice on laparas for movesets. Block>>> Surf Perish song>>> Thunderbolt
I forgot the other move in place of toxic but it now is toxic.

My furret needs to know charge beam instead of thunderpunch for its added effect. Hyper Voice is just a good attack with the silk scarf.

My togekiss is my first level 100 in my heart gold game. Its moveset crushes almost the entire Elite four in heart gold.

Final

I Submit to No One

162.png

Furret @ Silk Scarf
Evs. {252 Attack}{252 Special Attack}{6 Speed}
Nature Rash
-Sucker Punch
-Hyper Voice
-Charge Beam
-Ice Punch

Not good with Furret so I'll leave it to someone else.

lapras.png

Laparas @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Evs.{252 Special Defense}{252 Special Attack}{6 Hp}
Nature.Modest
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Toxic

Looks good although I feel Leftovers would be better and I'm not sure if maxing Special Defense is necessarily the best way to go about EVing Lapras bulk-wise.

togekiss.png

Togekiss@ Leftovers
Evs.{252 Special attack}{252 Hp}{6 Speed}
Nature. Modest
-Air Slash
-Roost
-Thunder Wave / Nasty Plot
-Aura Sphere

Psychic doesn't provide any really useful Type coverage since everything it would hit is dealt with well enough by the other moves. Shadow Ball also only gets Type coverage on Rotom who is one of the 2 Pokemon who resist Air Slash and Aura Sphere. The other being Zapdos. Neither of which are really problems in-game unless you're taking on the Battle Tower but Rotom is frail since Rotom formes aren't in the Tower and Zapdos starts appearing after Round 49. Roost provides reliable recovery and Togekiss is suitable enough to utilize it and Thunder Wave can be used for Paralysis support (almost if not any team appreciates it) and Nasty Plot can be used to turn Togekiss into a powerful sweeper that can actually beat Blissey.

carnivine.png

Carnivine @ Leftovers
Evs.{252 Hp}{252 Special Attack}{6 Def}
Nature. Modest??
-Sleep Powder
-Sludge Bomb
-Energy Ball
-Leech Seed

When using a Leech Seeder, it is best to have a move that can hit opposing Grass Types who are immune to Leech Seed hard. This is where Sludge Bomb comes in but keep in mind, it gets rather poor offensive Type coverage so Steels with at least decent Special Defense or a 4x resist to Grass will pretty much walk all over this set. Sleep Powder can be used to incapacitate an opponent. For Natures, probably go for a Modest one.

raichu121.png

Raichu @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Evs.{252 attack}{4 Special Attack}{252 Speed}
Nature.Jolly
-Focus Punch
-ThunderPunch
-Substitute
-Grass Knot

Volt Tackle + Substitute is a no since the recoil and the HP used to make Substitutes is very excessive. ThunderPunch is your next best option. For the last spot, Charge is a poor move since Raichu is just so frail. Even with Sub, you're best off setting them up against something rather harmless and coninuously firing off Focus Punches on stuff. Grass Knot seems a bit out of place but it does hit the bulky Water + Ground Types that can otherwise take Raichu although that is pretty much its only use since most of the time, Focus Punch is enough to put stuff away. You may need a small Special Attack investment for Grass Knot to be worthwhile though since Raichu's Special Attack is rather mediocre at best. For items, you can probably get away with a Life Orb since Raichu won't really last long although Leftovers helps replenish HP lost from making Subs.

flygon.png

Flygon @ Life Orb
Evs.{80 attack.}{252 Special Attack.}{176 speed.}
Nature.Rash / Naive
-Earthquake
-Roost
-Fire Blast / Flamethrower
-Draco Meteor

Semi-gimmick. Well not really since it still hits everything pretty hard. Draco Meteor with a Special Attack investment and a Life Orb equipped, Draco Meteor hits almost everything that doesn't resist it hard. Fire Blast / Flamethrower is for the Steel Types that resist Draco Meteor although Fire Blast is preferred since Flygon needs the extra power. Earthquake covers the stuff the other 2 moves can't hit. Namely Blissey and the like. Even with no Attack investment, in-game Blissey dies in a single hit from Earthquake although the extra Attack investment gives some insurance against Snorlax. Roost is there for reliable recovery and it is risk-free when it comes to Earthquakes and all that since it has the Levitate Ability. Rash is the preferred Nature for the extra power on the Special side although Naive is viable for extra Speed.

Suggestions white and bolded.

Gligari

Shiny Hunter
You know what Im going to add metagross in there instead. I posted it on my spychic team and I think im going to go with that.

AlCario

Banned
Carnivine's Attack > Special Attack, so don't bother with Energy Ball/Growth. Leech Seed is a great move to use.

Carnivine's SpA is perfectly usable. If his Atk is better that doesn't necessarily mean he can only use physical moves. Although, in this case it would be better if he did.

Return > Energy Ball.

Run 192 HP / 140 Def / 176 SpA on 'Pras. No point running max HP on a pokemon that would get more out of investing in Defence.

Volt Tackle > Charge on Raichu.

I hope this was enlightening for you.