• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Heart Gold VS. Soul Silver

Which game do you prefer?

• HeartGold!

Votes: 101 36.5%
  • SoulSilver!

Votes: 149 53.8%
  • Can't split them.

Votes: 27 9.7%

• Total voters

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
SoulSilver <.> I love a silvery glow and definitely love Lugia. It has been my favorite legendary since the movie Pokemon 2000 came out.

SoulSilver all the way. I thought Lugia was a million times better than Ho-Oh and some of the version exclusives were ones I liked.

T.W.I.

Undercover Rocket
I own ss simply cause I played silver as a kid. Back then I also liked lugia a lot more. Now, I still like lugia more than Ho oh, but I feel hg is probably more canon

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
I prefer HeartGold because Ho-oh is my preferred legendary over Lugia, and Gold was one of the very first games I have ever played.

telivisionhead

I got soul silver because I liked Ho-oh better out of the two. But then I found out I could get Ho-oh at level 70 so I facepalmed myself. I really love Donphan,Phanpy,Growlithe and ARcanine though, If I had HG they'd be the stars of my team and never get booted off my team. Donphan would replace my Gravler and Arcanine could replace anything I dont use that much. But personally I've played soul silver to many times so I cant say HG is better. I really can't split them aside. Like cmon I love ninetales to (not the biggest fan of vulpix I like growlithe better) and I think teddursa is so cute and Ursaring was a tank for my team. So I can't split them aside

Asuka

Banned
I think Soulsilver is better cuz you can get Lugia earlier in the game and because some of its other version exclusive Pokemon are great like Delibird and Ursaring.

Toxic Nightshade

GET TO DEL TACO
I'm at a tie between them, I like HeartGold because of Ho-Oh and the awesome Bell Tower scene, but I like SoulSilver's exclusive Pokemon more. Decisions, decisions.

Silver was my preference of the originals, it was the second ever game I owned/played after yellow and it turned out my best friend (who had gotten me into the games) had chosen Gold. We pretty much beat them together, trading to help each other out, mystery gift and we even both beat the elite four sitting right next to each other at a sleepover.

I had even traded all my Yellow bests over to it including mewtwo, the legendary birds and my first ever caught pokemon, a pigeot called Windy. I ended up reaching 17 elite four defeats and 3 level 100's including Windy. I remember catching Lugia with a single greatball on my trainer. I hadn't realized that until I found it and since it was such a ***** getting through the whirl islands I said 'screw it, I'll just keep resetting until the damn great ball works' but all be damned it worked the first time.

It still bums me out to think how it's all gone now. It died in around 07. I had just barely found out they could die as my gold had the previous year.

So out of nastalgic biased I prefer Soul Silver and Windy now has a son, Windy II. :D
Once I get a job I'll probably end up buying Heart Gold though. I personally don't think the exclusives make a big difference and the cover legendaries are in BOTH versions.