• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Heart Gold VS. Soul Silver

Which game do you prefer?

• HeartGold!

Votes: 101 36.5%
  • SoulSilver!

Votes: 149 53.8%
  • Can't split them.

Votes: 27 9.7%

• Total voters

Schade

Metallic Wonder
That is another thing: I like Groudon better than Kyogre.

Spiky

Prediction succesful
1,5 years ago I choosed HG cuz I could catch Arcanine. I think and still think that Arcanine is pretty BEAST!!! :3 He's dope and awsome and I could choose totodile as starter but actu I also wanted to go 4 SS but becuz off the fire type... If I could choose now, I would go 4 SS cuz now I've a cheat device and ask pokémon from my friends on serebii. :) but I don really do that cuz I can cheat :/
So answer: SS!!! ^_^

Larry

I'd have to say Heartgold because I've never played Soulsilver. I was going to get Soulsilver but they were sold out so I had to settle with Heartgold.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
SoulSilver. b/c I had the original silver : D

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
I dunno why I prefer SS, cos I never got lugia. I accidentally ran from it after not saving since goldenrod gym. I have two ho-oh instead. I also like arcanine and latias too.
Wierd

Summer of the Vulpix

Go with the Flow
Heartgold, since thats the game I have, and got the other games pokemon.

Claus351

Shiny hunter :)
I got HeartGold only cus of Ho-oh, but it turns out I like most of Hg's exclusives as well, so that works. plus I played the original Gold :3

Torosiken

This is a title.
SS... in my mind... Ho-oh is better got the level higher than Lugia :meow:

And I also prefer SS for exclusives 8D
Though weedles are far annoying than caterpies at the beginning routes... XDDD

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Honestly, it shouldn't really matter since they're both the same game, just with differences in Pokémon availability and version mascots (with their own cut-scene), but I like SoulSilver. It could be because of nostalgia reasons, or it's because I like the summoning better in SoulSilver. Whatever the reason, I decided to have a shining soul instead of a heart of gold.

☭Secret_Shocker☭

I prefer HeartGold, because I like Ho-oh better first caught. The version exclusive pokemin in HG is better than the other

Klinklang_1024

MultiRegion Champion
I prefer heart gold, it is the one that I've got and I prefer the version exclusives except for Arbok, I can't get it and I want it

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
I like them both equally. Both have got cool pokemon (HG: Arcanine, Sandslash, Gligar and Donphan; SS: Ninetails, Skarmory an Arbok).

bushie

HG and SS are different in a way that you can capture both mascots lugia and ho-oh so it all comes down to the other exclusives arcanine ninetails etc from that standpoint i just chose HG because thats all there was at the time. did'nt really matter

Heartgold. Because of nostalgic reasons. I had Gold first.

andyhaj

I chose SoulsSilver. I guess it's because I've always prefered Silver out of the two old games ;) I have never really liked gold as a colour, and silver was much prettier :p
I do also like the version exclusives in SS more than the ones in HG.

Ace Of Keys

Me and My sketch pad
I had Gold way back in the day so I went for SS. It was better than I thought since it pushed me out of my comfort zone. I like Ho-oh and Kyogre but being able to catch Lugia and Groudon was a treat ;)

ebevan91

I had Gold way back in the day so I went for SS. It was better than I thought since it pushed me out of my comfort zone. I like Ho-oh and Kyogre but being able to catch Lugia and Groudon was a treat ;)

I'm the opposite. I had all three G/S/C games, but I think I played Silver the most, so I bought HG, so I could capture Ho-Oh and Kyogre. I didn't have Sapphire so it's nice being able to capture Kyogre for a change. Well actually I haven't caught it yet because I can't beat Red.

Last edited:

dragon user

I'm the opposite. I had all three G/S/C games, but I think I played Silver the most, so I bought SS, so I could capture Ho-Oh and Kyogre. I didn't have Sapphire so it's nice being able to capture Kyogre for a change. Well actually I haven't caught it yet because I can't beat Red.

btw you get groudon in ss not kyorgre so you bought the wrong game lol.