• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Heart Gold VS. Soul Silver

Which game do you prefer?

• HeartGold!

Votes: 101 36.5%
  • SoulSilver!

Votes: 149 53.8%
  • Can't split them.

Votes: 27 9.7%

• Total voters

Meowth City

Staff member
SoulSilver
- I prefer the color silver over gold.
- I owned the original Silver.
- Meowth is a SS exclusive.
- Lugia > Ho-oh
- Groundon > Kyrogue
- Other SS exclusives.

The only thing I like HG for over SS is Growlithe.

Mankemacho

Old School
In the past; I played Pokémon Silver. Now back to the future HeartGold has Mankey (and Machop). Now back to me, Manke(y)macho(p) (manke macho means crippled macho in Dutch) is getting a whole different meaning here... Oh yeah HeartGold all the way!

Charmanderz

I play HeartGold because of Growlithe/Arcanine. But back in the day I played Crystal, so I would've chosen that one if they made a remake of it.

RedAce♠

Ace Trainer
I voted for SoulSilver, but I have Heartgold and my girlfriend has SoulSilver, though I wanted to get SoulSilver, but Gamestop didn't have one at the time and I didn't want to wait.

Trinimaster.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
I don't think there's anything that makes one version better, but I prefer Heart Gold because I had Gold as a child. Can't really think of any other reasons. I also agree with the post above!

Hiero

Frontier Brain
I got Heart gold because my friend had Soul silver, but other than that I don't care which one I have. They are basically the same..

NomadSPG

4th Gen. Dragon '88
Soul Silver for me - it's nostalgic to Silver i played first of any pokemon game ever.

Torpoleon

SoulSilver because it's the one I have and I really enjoy it. I also prefer Lugia & Groudon over Ho-Oh & Kyogre. Some of the SS version-exclusives are also better in my opinion.

Cloud_Arcanine

Scarlett starlett
Soulsilver. Even though I was heading off to Game intending to get HG when they both came out, I went over all nostalgic as I had Silver as a kid so couldn't resist getting SS instead.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I have both versions, but I voted for HeartGold. I just love the version exclusive Pokemon on that game, and I was also pleased that I could capture Ho-Oh before Lugia.

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
Nah, soul of silver is better, oh and you admitted you have more emotions than personality the way I see it.
SS is still better, I LOATH gold and I like silver so much.
Version exclusives are cooler. Meowth and vulpix. Nya

Entreri10

HeartGold because I started with Gold as a kid since my little brother had chosen Silver.

xXLuminousNightXx

The Shining Shinx
Personally, i'll go with Soul Silver, even though I like them both. My reasons?

*I always liked Lugia more than Ho-oh
*I like silver compared to gold (colour-wise)
*SS was the first of the two that I got
*I like more of the game-exclusive Pokemon from SS than HG (for example: I would choose Vulpix (SS) over Growlithe (HG))
*I'm luckier in SoulSilver (when I say "luckier", i'm talking about shiny-hunting. I found my very first catchable shiny in SS, plus most of the shinies I own. funny enough, on my current SS save file, I have three shinies. One SR'd, one RE'd, and one hatched. The funny part? All three of them are some shade of gold xD)

Over all, I think it's better than HeartGold (no offense to that game, I like them both).
Although I wish I could get Kyogre/Latias in SS.