• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Heart Gold VS. Soul Silver

Which game do you prefer?

• HeartGold!

Votes: 101 36.5%
  • SoulSilver!

Votes: 149 53.8%
  • Can't split them.

Votes: 27 9.7%

• Total voters

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
It seems soul silver is more popular than SS.... I wonder why, probably people getting nostalgic.
I still prefer soul silver, it is the root of my liking to Pokemon.

I went with HeartGold because the original Gold was the first Pokemon and Gameboy game I played, and I prefer Ho-Oh to Lugia. :)

I've stuck with Silver in the beginning, so SoulSilver would have to be my favorite out of the two remakes. Personally, I've always thought that silver's a much prettier color than gold.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
SS over HG. Groundon is awsome and SS exclusive. Lugia=Epic. Version exclusives are cool.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I like Soul Silver better, but that's because my Heart Gold loves to freeze and not take me back to previous save if the wi-fi bars disappears so my save data goes away

Kall El

..Silence..
I think Both are great with the version-differences and the different Cut scenes with the Legendaries.
That being said, I do own a HeartGold and not SoulSilver, simply because I played Gold previously.

Lord of Fire

The Great Conqueror
Id much rather prefer SS over Hg cuz you can get a Sacred Ash in SS also and Lugia loox cooler and it has more powerful moves like hydro pump

EverChanger

エヴァーチェンジャー
I voted HeartGold because it featured the Clear Bell. Since my first game was Pokémon Crystal, I wanted to replicate that experience as closely as possible, and HeartGold simply had the most advantages in that respect, such as the Silver Wing being available in Pewter City rather than the Rainbow Wing, and the aforementioned Clear Bell. It's kinda lame, but hey, to each his own.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
Even though I got Soulsilver, I voted for the third option. I love both Lugia and Ho-Oh, and I just see the games as pretty much the same.

My favorite is SoulSilver because I am the farthest into SoulSilver than HeartGold, and because I love Lugia!