• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Heart Soul League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemys42

Nibelung Valesti
HSL.png

Please note that you must follow all Serebii forum rules, including the Pokemon Standard Battle ones.

Alright, so to begin with, I want to let you all know that I am new to Wi-Fi fighting, but I love competing, and so I decided to make a League of my own, one that will help me hone my skills and make new friends.

There are many leagues already that offer great prizes and and other stuff, from what I've seen, and they look very exciting. This one (if approved) is basically for Newcomers to 4th Generation Pokémon, or to the Wi-Fi Battle experience, though Pokémon veterans are welcomed to join as well.

The League, as you can see, is called the Heart Soul League, or HSL, for it is intended only for those who have either HeartGold or SoulSilver, Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum. Battles will take place using these games only: HG/SS, and any other game that is able to connect with these over Wi-Fi.

It's not a hard league, rather I intend to keep it very simple and fun. I am hoping to have Prizes for the winners, such as Pokémon and items, etc, though don't expect shinies or events, or clones, etc, for I am sorta new to all this and don't have any of that. I'll try to get my hands on some and offer those.

Anyway, now to the structure of the league. Here is a list of what it will offer those who wish to join.

--Gyms and Trainers (I dunno how many but several, 8 I think, to begin with, if the league grows, more can be added. Please note that Gym Trainers will also battle against each other in order to earn Rank Points, the more RPs you earn as a challenger or Gym Leader, the more benefits you will have, such as the usage of Pokémon and items, etc)

--Elite Four (I will accept sign ups to fill these. These Four can and will use 1 Pokémon who is in its final evolution stage, example: Charizard)

--An HSL Champion (This one will be the first one to complete the 8 Gym leaders, and the Elite Four successfully)

--Prizes (These will vary, donations are accepted, so help us out if you can spare anything)

--Badges for your efforts (I'm not that good with graphics, but I will see what I can come up with. If you want to help out, be my guest)

--A complete Tracking of Stats such as Wins/Losses and All-Time stats against certain Trainers/Challengers.

--An HPL Tourney (If the league grows, then the League will offer a Special Tournament every now and then, depends how often people participate)

--An HPL Hall of Fame (To induct those that reach greatness within the league)

I think that summons it up. Now, moving on, right now I don't want challengers, rather would appreciate if you sign up to fill the Gym Leader spots and the Elite Four. Once this is completed, then challengers can come into the picture. Here is the info needed from you.

Trainer Name
FC
Gym (pick the gym you want to direct, or be an Elite Four)

Here are the current Gym openings up for grabs. (I will add all the rest information about Gym leaders once sign ups are completed, for now, it is just the name of the Gym leader you'll see, badges and more info to come)

Grass Gym--Closed at the moment

Bug Gym--Closed at the moment

Fight Gym--Xande

Water Gym--Jed

Fire Gym-- Hunter

Electric Gym--Jordan

Dark Gym--Adam

Dragon Gym--Valkyrion

Elite Four 1 Elijah (Steel)
Elite Four 2 Quan
Elite Four 3 Kyle (Psychic)
Elite Four 4 PhoenixRising (Ghost)

The rules/guidelines of the League are as follows. (keep in mind that you must follow all Serebii rules, as well as the Standard battle ones. These are just rules/guidelines within the League.

1. Gym Leader Battles: will be 3 versus 3 with Pokés being level 50. Gym Leaders and challengers may use Pokémon who are in their second stage of evolution and below that.

2. Gym Leader Battles: Each Gym Leader has to at least include one of the corresponding Pokémon to his/her gym class.
Example: Electric Gym Leader: Pikachu The other two Pokémon can be anything to your liking, just not ubers, etc.

3. Gym Leader Battles: Leaders/Challengers cannot use two of the same Pokémon, though any items can be used.

4. Elite Four Battles: Will be 4 versus 4 Pokémon at level 50. Elite Four members and Challengers may use Pokémon who are in their first and second stage of Evolution, and each member/challenger has the right to include 1 Pokémon in their party who is in its Final Stage of Evolution, including Pokemon which do not evolve at all.

5. Elite Four Battles: No ubers, please, or legenderies, and no two of the same pokémon within a party.

6. Champion Battles: Will be 6 versus 6, with Pokémon either at Level 100 or 50, it's the champion's right to choose the format. Any Pokémon, except for ubers, legenderies, Pokémon with no evolution whatsoever may also be used for this battle, so long as they are not ubers or legendaries. Again, no two of the same Pokés.

7. Note that if you disconnect during a battle, it is an automatic loss, regardless of excuses. This applies to Gym Leaders, Elite Fours, Champion and Challengers.

8. Show good Sportsmanship here in the League thread and during battling, lets all just have fun! :p

More rules/Guidelines may be added later, so check for updates on this first post.

Last edited:

EagleEye

Trainer Name: Jed
FC- HG 0174-4552-6155
Gym: Water

Artemys42

Nibelung Valesti
Trainer Name: Jed
FC- HG 0174-4552-6155
Gym: Water
Thanks for joining, I added your name to the gym. As soon as we get everything set up for competition, then we can start competing. Until then, maybe if you don't have a good team now would be the chance to train a few Pokés, eh? I'll pm you about your badge.

--General Announcement--
I changed the rules a bit. And also, thanks to the Ads/Mods for making this possible, really appreciate it. ;)

Peters

Combak Researcher
Trainer Name: Adam
FC: 1291-0888-0332
Gym: Dark

my wi-fi i currently down so i cant battle but i wanted to join before someone els got dark type gym

Artemys42

Nibelung Valesti
Trainer Name: Adam
FC: 1291-0888-0332
Gym: Dark

my wi-fi i currently down so i cant battle but i wanted to join before someone els got dark type gym
It's still a few days before the League gets off, we still need most Gym Leaders. I'll add your name to the Dark Gym, and hopefully your Wi-Fi will be back up.

jordan8

name: Jordan
fc:0904 8408 0919
type:electric

do I have to do the gym badges for electric? if so I cant do it because I am on my iPod

Artemys42

Nibelung Valesti
name: Jordan
fc:0904 8408 0919
type:electric

do I have to do the gym badges for electric? if so I cant do it because I am on my iPod
1st of all, thanks for joining, we need peeps in order to get things started, or, if we can get just a few more, I'll close the rest of the gyms and start battles with the current Gym Leaders. I'll go ahead and add you to the Electric Gym.

As to the Gym badge, don't worry about it, I will make those soon as I have the chance, probably tomorrow. They wont be all that good looking, maybe just small sized pokés or something. :p But yeah, I'll take care of it. :523:

jordan8

also I can give some prizes. I'm breeding some feebas and spiritomb and also I have a bunch of pp ups and exp shares from the lottery. I also can give about 5 masterballs I got on the gts.

Artemys42

Nibelung Valesti
Alright, guys, I added you to the list, thanks for signing up. We are getting there, just a few more.

Thanks, Jordan, for the donations. ^^

Artemys42

Nibelung Valesti
Alright, thanks guys. I've been a little busy lately, but I think I will now be able to work on the badges. Since not too many people have signed up, I think it is best if I close down most of the gyms and organize matches between those who have signed up.

Also, I happened to reset my game data, yes, that was stupid from my part, lolz, but during my last game I hurried it up and didn't catch many Pokés. This time, though, I am gonna take my time and enjoy the game, and I will surely have a good team with which to take on all of you here. For now, I will work on making a few badges, at least for those of you who signed up. And I'll update this post with the new League Look soon.

Artemys42

Nibelung Valesti
Im making a badge, but if tha fails you can make it
Okay, we'll see how good it turns out.

For now, here is what I came up with in paint. As I said, I am not so good with graphics, so I hope these will do. I only made badges for the current gyms/elite 4. I know these badges suck, but I just wanted to get things started, in the future I might look into making better ones.

In order of appearance--Dark, Dragon, Electric, Water, Elite 4 (Fire?), Elite 4 (psychic), Elite 4 (steel)

DarkBadge.gif

DragonBadge.gif

ElectricBadge.gif

WaterBadge1.gif

EliteFourBadge.gif

PsychicBadge.gif

SteelBadge.gif

Those are all the entrants we have so far, four gym leaders and three elite fours.

And so here is what we're gonna do. We will all battle each other, one gym leader/elite 4 at a time. I will come and post the first Round of matches. Since we are seven, one of us wont be seeing action, (probably me, for I still don't have a team assembled, but I will have it ready for the 2nd round)

Anyway, I'll come and post the 1st round matches soon, along with several guidelines, etc.

PhoenixRising

Professor Jay
If it is not too late, I'd like to apply for a gym position.....

Trainer Name: Yolance
Soul Silver FC: 5028-5394-2590
Gym: Bug

However, if sign ups are closed, then I would more than happily partake in this league when it officially opens.....

pokemonhunter11

Fire junkie
I dont think i would like to apply for a gym, but if you want i can probably take the fire one until someone that really wants it can take it. I have quit a few fire pokemon and would be glad too help. If someone else wants it after the first season they can probably have it, as i would rather battle with a diverse team. Maybe an elite 4 with no specific type? would that be possible?

Pokémon Trainer Xande

Yu-Gi-Oh Duelist
Peters, why you took my place as a Dark-type GL? I was even going to let Lucario in hold... good luck, you will need it if we battle one day.
Trainer Name: Xande (think you saw it somewhere, like my username?)
FC: 3954-7799-7630
Gym: Fighting (since GL Adam took my place as the Dark master)

P.S: Well, if both me Phoenix get approved, it will be 9 GLs/E4 members so far. Also, if I got it right, you are making the badges? Can I make my gym 's badge?

Last edited:

Artemys42

Nibelung Valesti
If it is not too late, I'd like to apply for a gym position.....

Trainer Name: Yolance
Soul Silver FC: 5028-5394-2590
Gym: Bug

However, if sign ups are closed, then I would more than happily partake in this league when it officially opens.....

No, it's not too late. We agreed by pm that you would take the final Elite 4 spot, and so you have it. Welcome onboard, btw.

I dont think i would like to apply for a gym, but if you want i can probably take the fire one until someone that really wants it can take it. I have quit a few fire pokemon and would be glad too help. If someone else wants it after the first season they can probably have it, as i would rather battle with a diverse team. Maybe an elite 4 with no specific type? would that be possible?

Fire is available, so you can have it. I'll add you to the list soon as I post this up. Welcome onboard as well. (Btw, the final elite 4 spot was taken)

Peters, why you took my place as a Dark-type GL? I was even going to let Lucario in hold... good luck, you will need it if we battle one day.
Trainer Name: Xande (think you saw it somewhere, like my username?)
FC: 3954-7799-7630
Gym: Fighting (since GL Adam took my place as the Dark master)

P.S: Well, if both me Phoenix get approved, it will be 9 GLs/E4 members so far. Also, if I got it right, you are making the badges? Can I make my gym 's badge?

Welcome to the League, you are accepted as well. And you want Fighting, eh? Alright, I will add you all to the list. Yes, go ahead and make your badge, unless you want me to make one similar to the ones I made. (I'll be making three anyway, just in case. ;) )

>>Moreover, the first round matches will be posted soon, you'll know who you are fighting, so when you do, just talk to that person and set up the match. Remember to follow the rules/guidelines. I may as well pm you all and tell you who you are fighting. Expect a pm sometime soon. Any questions, just ask.

Thanks.

Last edited:

pokemonhunter11

Fire junkie
Fire is available, so you can have it. I'll add you to the list soon as I post this up. Welcome onboard as well. (Btw, the final elite 4 spot was taken).

SORRY ABOUT THIS ^^^^^ HAHA APPARENTLY I FAIL AT QUOTING

Thanks for having me as one of them. If at all possible I would really like to see people that are E4s or GLs not get stuck battling anyone who is super effective against them haha. Someone's gonna get stuck with it anyway, but I definitely don't want to face the water guy right off haha. And just another thing its up to you but you can put Hunter beside fire if you want because that's my name. Thanks again, ill be looking forward to hearing more from you all when more rules are established and battles are decided on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.