• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Heart Soul League

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordan8

just to be clear gym leaders only have to have one pokemon of their type right? example electric gym leader: 1 ghost 1 ground and 1 electric type

Artemys42

Nibelung Valesti
just to be clear gym leaders only have to have one pokemon of their type right? example electric gym leader: 1 ghost 1 ground and 1 electric type

You are correct, you only have to have one, though that certainly does not mean you cannot have others of the same type, you can, all three if you want. Just remember that we have to observe certain rules, like no having two of the same Pokés, no final (3rd) evolutions, unless of course the Poké only has two evolution cycles, then that does not count as final evolution, you can use it. I hope I make sense with all this. :p

Fire is available, so you can have it. I'll add you to the list soon as I post this up. Welcome onboard as well. (Btw, the final elite 4 spot was taken).

SORRY ABOUT THIS ^^^^^ HAHA APPARENTLY I FAIL AT QUOTING

Thanks for having me as one of them. If at all possible I would really like to see people that are E4s or GLs not get stuck battling anyone who is super effective against them haha. Someone's gonna get stuck with it anyway, but I definitely don't want to face the water guy right off haha. And just another thing its up to you but you can put Hunter beside fire if you want because that's my name. Thanks again, ill be looking forward to hearing more from you all when more rules are established and battles are decided on.

Don't worry about it, I understand you perfectly. As to your request, I'll see what I can do. It will be hard doing that since you'll have to fight everyone anyway at a certain point in time, but I'll try my best to set up the matches so that peeps don't face off against someone who is stronger than them.

Piece of advice, keep checking the thread because I hate double posting, so I might just come in and edit this post and add the matches in case no one else posts after me. So yeah, just keep checking.

PhoenixRising

Professor Jay
@PokemonHunter11: well, you can have a team with a different type other than Fire, if I read the rules correctly....

EDIT: Question was already answered........

Last edited:

pokemonhunter11

Fire junkie
I'm hoping some of these rules can be negotiated, because I haven't seen all of them in the serebii rules.I'm not sure I understand the 3rd evolution thing. I'm not allowed to have third evolutions? Are us GLs and E4s going to be able to make some of those rules out own?

shekal

completing kanto dex
well nice and fresh league here..looking forward when its officially open :)

PhoenixRising

Professor Jay
@PokemonHunter11: What the rules states is that you can use the pre-evolutions of a Pokemon only.

Example....

Cyndaquil or Quilava, but not Typhlosion.
Misdreavus, but not Mismagius
Gastly or Haunter, but not Gengar

Do you see what I'm talking about? Now, I don't know if GL or E4 members are allowed to make their own rules. I hope this information helps....

pokemonhunter11

Fire junkie
Yes that definitely helps! Thanks. I'm really hoping he will change his battle rules so each gym leader can have their own. I would much rather do 6v6 in my gym and have it be free for all so they can use ubers. Obviously there will be some rules like they can't all be legandaries, and can't all be ubers, but like 3 of my competition team are ubers. And the third evolution thing isn't great in my book either haha. I WANT TYPHLOSION!

PhoenixRising

Professor Jay
I want Mismagius but being a E4 means you have to choose which one of your pokemon will be fully evolved and which won't.

Last edited:

Peters

Combak Researcher
Hey xande, hope my wi-fi gets back soon,and my making of badge failed so much i dont thinks its legal

PhoenixRising

Professor Jay
Smiling for some odd reason, putting together my team at the moment....

Artemys42

Nibelung Valesti
Hey guys/gals, I am back. Sorry I have been absent, I have been very busy lately and will continue to be through out this week. But fret not, for I will definitely have time to start the league.

Before I post the first round matches, I'll need a list of those of you who are actually ready to do battle. I, of course, am, so my name is down on the list. Post if you are ready to do battle and I will add you to the list. Those of you that are not able to do battle just yet, then say so as well so that I may leave you out of the first round as a bye or something. :p

List of Abled Trainers
Valkyrion

pokemonhunter11

Fire junkie
@Valkyrion Ok at this exact moment I am not ready to battle. I probably will be within the next few days. Im sorry to inconvenience you Valkyrion but its not possible for me at this time to follow your evolution rule. I have put way to much time into breeding and training my team to perfection to start fresh with no 3rd evolutions. Im really sorry about that, but im not sure most of the others like that rule anyway. Im not trying to be pushy, but i dont think anyone else would be offended if that rule was removed :p haha

Artemys42

Nibelung Valesti
@Valkyrion Ok at this exact moment I am not ready to battle. I probably will be within the next few days. Im sorry to inconvenience you Valkyrion but its not possible for me at this time to follow your evolution rule. I have put way to much time into breeding and training my team to perfection to start fresh with no 3rd evolutions. Im really sorry about that, but im not sure most of the others like that rule anyway. Im not trying to be pushy, but i dont think anyone else would be offended if that rule was removed :p haha
Well, about the rules, yes, I've noticed some of you want the rules changed, and I am willing to listen and change them, and so I will. I'll edit this post with the new rules, just give me a second to go over the old ones so that I can edit them...Check back if you don't see the rules posted here:

Rules/Guidelines Updated

The rules/guidelines of the League are as follows. (keep in mind that you must follow all Serebii rules, as well as the Standard battle ones. These are just rules/guidelines within the League.

1. Gym Leader Battles: will be 3 versus 3 with Pokés being level 50. Gym Leaders and challengers may use Pokémon who are in their first, second and final stage of evolution. No ubers, etc, unless both trainers/battlers agree to use legendaries, etc. (Note: Battles can also be 4v4, 5v5 or 6v6, if both fighters agree to it)

2. Gym Leader Battles: Each Gym Leader has to at least include one of the corresponding Pokémon to his/her gym class.
Example: Electric Gym Leader: Pikachu The other two Pokémon can be anything to your liking, just not ubers, or prohibited ones, etc.

3. Gym Leader Battles: Leaders/Challengers cannot use two of the same Pokémon, though any items can be used, unless the two trainers/battlers agree not to use any items.

4. Elite Four Battles: Will be 4 versus 4 Pokémon at level 50 or hundred, depends on what you and your opponent agree to. Elite Four members and Challengers may use Pokémon who are in their first, second and final stage of Evolution. (Note: Battles can also be 5v5 or 6v6 for that matter, so long as you agree to it with your opponent.)

5. Elite Four Battles: No ubers, please, and no two of the same pokémon within a party. (Note: Legendaries can be used, if both trainers agree to it)

6. Champion Battles: Will be 6 versus 6, with Pokémon either at Level 100 or 50, it's the champion's right to choose the format. Any Pokémon, except for ubers, may be used for this battle, so long as they are not prohibited. Again, no two of the same Pokés, unless agreed to by the contenders.

7. Note that if you disconnect during a battle, it is an automatic loss, regardless of excuses. This applies to Gym Leaders, Elite Fours, Champion and Challengers.

8. Show good Sportsmanship here in the League thread and during battling, lets all just have fun! :p

--I hope these rules are now good enough, if not, just contact me and let me know what must be removed/added. ;)

Last edited:

pokemonhunter11

Fire junkie
Well, about the rules, yes, I've noticed some of you want the rules changed, and I am willing to listen and change them, and so I will. I'll edit this post with the new rules, just give me a second to go over the old ones so that I can edit them...Check back if you don't see the rules posted here:

Ok thanks! Thats awesome! Im sure you understand the time it takes to get perfect or exceptional IVs and i have just spent way too much time on them to go back now haha. That and its finals week so the only reason im replying to this is because my phone gets the emails on it. I simply dont have the time anymore to breed and retrain. I will repost as soon as I am able to battle.

Artemys42

Nibelung Valesti
Alright, glad to hear that, Hunter. I updated the rules, hope that is what you are all looking for, if not, as stated, just contact me and let me know what must be added or removed. :p
I'll add your name to the list once you are ready, for now I'll just keep you on hold. XD

pokemonhunter11

Fire junkie
Alright, glad to hear that, Hunter. I updated the rules, hope that is what you are all looking for, if not, as stated, just contact me and let me know what must be added or removed. :p
I'll add your name to the list once you are ready, for now I'll just keep you on hold. XD

Ok haha thanks. :) Sorry im such a pain :p haha

Artemys42

Nibelung Valesti
Ok haha thanks. :) Sorry im such a pain :p haha
You're no pain at all. Anyway, saw your siggy, I think I'll have to come up with a small banner or badge to represent the league. If I do, I'll post that soon.

pokemonhunter11

Fire junkie
Ok thats sounds cool i will definately put it in my sig. Hey If we do 6 vs 6 battles is heatran allowed? its not an uber technically and its really only a pseudo-legendary due to the fact that it has a gender haha. Just wondering because some strictly do no legendaries and others say its ok as long as its not uber. It gets OHKOed by quit a few moves....im not mentioning them for my own safety in battles haha.

Artemys42

Nibelung Valesti
Ok thats sounds cool i will definately put it in my sig. Hey If we do 6 vs 6 battles is heatran allowed? its not an uber technically and its really only a pseudo-legendary due to the fact that it has a gender haha. Just wondering because some strictly do no legendaries and others say its ok as long as its not uber. It gets OHKOed by quit a few moves....im not mentioning them for my own safety in battles haha.
Um, so long as it is not a true classified uber, I have no problem, if it is, then you are done for. I really don't know the whole list of prohibited pokes, but if you do and it's not in there, you are free to use him/her. Also, talk to whoever you battle and if he/she is alright with it, you can use it too. ;)

pokemonhunter11

Fire junkie
Um, so long as it is not a true classified uber, I have no problem, if it is, then you are done for. I really don't know the whole list of prohibited pokes, but if you do and it's not in there, you are free to use him/her. Also, talk to whoever you battle and if he/she is alright with it, you can use it too. ;)

Ok awesome! Most people automatically assume because it is legendary it is instantly an uber and freak out. It doesnt even learn any amazing legendary moves that i know of. Thanks :) Are all of us leaders and E4s and you going to get together and decide on general rules for battle? Im not sure about the other guys/girls, but with the fire team i run i like longer battles than 3v3 because of the setup time for traps etc. Once again me being bothersome haha :p

Status
Not open for further replies.