• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

HeartBroken Again and Again (CS)

Hobo.Melody

hobos.journal
O.O Wow, you're a really dedicated author aren't you? That play must've been a helluva lot of work! ^-^ But, don't worry, 'cause it DEFINATELY payed off in the end.

Ahem. Time for constructive critism!

First off, I saw you switching from 'Shuu' to 'Drew' a couple of times when you were writing the play, mostly on the 1st and 2nd pages. And that's okay, because I'm sure you got confused a couple times. xD I mean, 61 pgs?! Dedicatioooon!

Secondly, I think Anna recovered WAY to quickly. Not when it was her first time walking, you did that perfectly in my opinion, but for example when she 'flew into the arms of her parents' she just learned to walk again a few days ago, and now she's running? I think it would take a little more time than that. But, that's just my opinion.

Thirdly [and lastly], there was one spelling mistake I was able to pick up on:

Anna beamed, "You're right, Haruka! But until then, I'll work hard to get even better and I'll practise walking as much as Doctor Takeshi will let me!"

'practise' should be 'practice'

These are easy mistakes to make, so I don't fault you for it at all. xD You're a great author, and I expect to see more from you. ^-^ No pressure on the next chapter- after this one you definately deserve a break!

P.S. I loved the part when Drew met Anna! <3 'I like this kid, she's witty, smart, and just like me,' xD [Sorry if I didn't get the line right- I forgot it. Dx]

P.S.S. If I could be added onto the PM list I would greatly appericate it . . . =3

-Kat

-agrees w/the post above-
It's hard to see that you confused the two names even though careful readers did spot that. To make the play part of the story better, look through the last chapter carefully and correct your mistakes. I'm still unhappy w/the first chapter of the fanfic that I'm writing because I'm still trying to revise it until it's perfect. You don't have to do that, just make sure you look VERY carefully through your chapters before you post them and that'll help you get better ratings and comments and also give you more readers. Also, with your busy schedule and such a popular fanfic, I suggest you carry around a pad of paper and something to write with when you go out so you don't lose any ideas. Sorry that I haven't been able to get online for a while, but since I'm bored out of my mind I'll re-read the last chapter of your story and look for mistakes. If I find any, I'll point them out. Also, I'm looking forward to the next chapter of this story :] Don't worry about how long it takes, it'll be worth the wait ^_^

Hey Genkiness! I love your fanfic and have been following the story for quite some time! I haven't had the chance to review your fanfic until now. Could you add me to your pm list? Please? *puppy dog eyes*

Now critiquing time!

I felt as though the end of the play was a little rushed. I personally think that it would have been better if instead of Shuu's previous lover being killed during the holidays that a beloved family member was killed or part of some tragedy. Haruka is Shuu's only lover! :DDD

But other than that, it was really good! I really admire your ability to make up plays instead of going with an overused romance story like Sleeping Beauty or Romeo and Juliet. And I really love how you recreate the anime characters so well! It's like watching the anime in my head only Drew and May are in every episode!

Great job and I look forward to the next chapter!

Rebeccag

ooooh I didnt know it had been updated. Must have been on holiday
The play was just so cool and i laughed at the ash speaking in japanese names best LOL
Wonder whats going to happen next and dont worry about the break hehe

Hazel_Nut

^ ^

Wow...I had to come late....
That was great! There were hardly any grammar mistakes even at the very beginning. Comedy and romance are two things that are good with each other, so keep up the good work! The play was really touching, but I really think you should put everybody's reactions to the kiss, aside from the general audience cheer. I mean specifically the staff and the certain people in the audience who are bringing recording devices...And like the others said, you switched from Shuu to Drew a couple of times.
But in an overall, that was awesome, keep it up!

P.S. Please add me to the P.M. list!

MayfanxD

Hey, I'm new here but i love this fic. That play of yours was sooooo wonderfull i was almost crying at some points

Again, Haruka pulled a strand of hair behind her ear. "Well, Shuu... I... I think that... I'm in love with you."

Shuu chuckled. "I think I feel the same way, Haruka."

"Really?" asked Haruka, beaming.

"Yeah," said Shuu, bringing her closer to him, and this time, successfully closing the gap between them to share

That was the most wonderfull part. I just couldnt believe the real May was so shy about, but it seemed somewhat cute

Tommy, however, didn't catch on. "Well, hurry up! I'm starving! I'm gonna clean up these bowls while you go!"

But Anna was mature enough to know what was going to happen. And considering that she had ruined the last moment, she definitely wasn't going to ruin this one. "Not so fast, buster. You're coming with me!" She took Tommy by the arm and dragged him out of the hall.

"Ouch! Hey, Anna! Don't go breaking off the only good arm I have left! Aw, come on! You could have at least let me snag a bag of chips!" whined Tommy, as he left the hall.

That was one really of the funny parts. Of course there where a lot more like some fights beetween Shuu and Haruka

“I apologize for my clumsiness, but that’s really no way to talk to a lady, even if she accidentally bumped into you,” said the girl, a bit offended.

“Yeah? Well, for a lady, you’re extremely uncoordinated and unstylistic, that I don’t know if you could even be considered a lady,” said Shuu, who was obviously in no mood for apologizing to some stranger.

“How dare you speak to me like that? You’re unbelievable!” shouted the infuriated girl.

“What? Because this is all happening during such a lovely time of the year? Well, let me tell you something, lady. I don’t care about this stupid time of year, so you can stop dreaming about everyone being happy and bubbly,” Shuu said bitterly.

Well that one wasn't that funny, but it was really good scene
The only thing I didn't like where the names. Of course using the japanese names wasn't a bad idea, but there could be better ones. But thats only my opinion so don't worry too moch about it.

Last edited:

junpearl63

their rooms
Finally I got time to review your fic. I must say that you are a very talented writer and you did a really good job with this fic. I love every chapter. The play was great, and I can't wait to see what Misty and Drew's fangirls would do to May in the next chapter. Can you add me to your pm list? Thank you for the fic and keep up the good work.

mayxdrewlover

ok geekiness just to let u no THAT WAS THE BEST FANFID I HAVE EVER READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i mean it. i love the way you have made may and drew have the same personalities as in the anime. it is soooooooooo great!!!! i dont no how u wrote that ecspecially the last chapter. now all you need to do is hurry up and send the next one. u seriously are causing me pain with patience.
p.s im new to fanfics on serebii forums
p.s.s i dont no wot a pm list is but still would you add me plz.(laugh all you want but could you maybe explain wot it is)

MultipleShipper

Wow. This was so.....beautiful, no, wonderful. Still not right. I don't think words can describe how amazingly wonderful this was. I have read many fan fics recently and I must say. This one almost left me in tears at the end. (yeah, I over react a little too much xD) Also, I couldn't stop thinking about this fan fic all day. Wonderful, superb, excellent, and whatever else fits that category :D
I loved how it did not involve pokemon, just the characters.
You did an outstanding job and I am looking foward to the next chapter :)

MayfanxD

If you wan't to know something, go look in the faq or ask your friends ,Mayxdrewlover. (isn't there any shorter way to call you?) Since you are a beginning trainer, there probably won't happen anything, but it could get you into troule if you do it again. Go look at the rules if you wan't to know what is allowed and what forbidden. (I did the same mistake as you and I almost got kicked out.)

I will answer your question in a post message.

Hollypaw's_cool14

Jayfeather is too
This is a good fic! One of the first I read, it took me forever to find again cause I wasn't a member when I read it the first time and I couldn't remember what it was called.
I can't wait to see what you come up with next. I'd have to say my favorite part of the play is when 'Haruka' falls of the ladder.
I know this doesn't help at all for the betterment of the fic but I don't want to lose this fic again and this is the only way I know to bookmark this particular story that doesn't involve my coughhorriblecough memory. If you know a better way then please tell me!
;136;Hollypaw;136;

charmanderkesryl

This fic is awesome. It has my 2 favorite shipping in the world Contestshipping and Pokeshipping. I wonder what will happen to the next chapter will be. I can't wait!

Genkiness

CHEESE!!!
I’m… ALIVEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! *sits up from laboratory table* Thanks for the tune-up, Dr. Frankenstein! *cough* yes… after almost a whole year, I have come back with a chapter shorter than the last… Yes I know, it’s sad, isn’t it? I must deeply apologize to you all, waiting for so long for this chapter. But at least I don’t end my chapters with cliffhangers, right? Right? T_T Anyways, it’s been pretty hard writing. School is soooooo demanding, and society is even more demanding. And when I do have time for myself, I find that I can’t even write. I tried to write this 5 months ago during my break. It took me nearly 6 hours, just to write 2 pages, and that’s not even an exaggeration =___=. But I finally got my motivation back! (despite there being no more contestshippy episodes out there T_T and the fact that I have been really interested in this shojo manga called “Kaichou wa Maid-sama” where the dude is so totally hot. Haha. *cough*) Anyways, I hope you can all forgive me for my lack of updates and I really hope you enjoy this chapter =D

And I’m sorry that I won’t be able to send any PMs until a few hours later >< (unless you’re lucky lol)

Shippings: Contestshipping and Pokeshipping

Rating: PG

Chapter 21: The Aftermath

The play came to a grand close, as the curtains swept across the floor. It was only after a few seconds that the applause from the audience finally started to calm down. But on the other side of the curtains, loud cheers arose from the tired and relieved drama students.

“You all did an amazing job, everyone! Thank you so much for your hard work!” said an elated Mrs. Sorell. “Once all the props have been cleared off the stage, you may all go home and have your well-deserved rest.”

May let out a relieved and happy sigh. “I can’t wait to go home and just die on my bed.”

“Already that tired?” grinned Drew, sounding almost as if he was issuing a challenge.

“Don’t tell me that you’re not even the slightest bit tired,” May said, rolling her eyes. “Because if you’re not, then something is seriously wrong with you.”

Drew chuckled a little. “Then just for the sake of seeming normal, I’ll say I’m tired.”

“Wow. You must be REALLY tired if you can’t keep the debate going,” May commented in false awe.

Drew took his turn to roll his eyes. “Anyways, I didn’t miss, did I?”

“Miss what?” asked May.

“You know… the very last act of the play?” reminded Drew.

For a few seconds, May just stood there, blinking stupidly at Drew.

Drew sighed, “The kiss scene?”

“….OH!” said May, blushing slightly at her slowness and at the sound of the ‘k’ word. “Er… well, surprisingly, you didn’t miss.”

“What do you mean, ‘surprisingly’?” challenged Drew. “You had no faith in my skills?”

“Well, it’s not like you even had any skills in that department to begin with, seeing as you’ve never done it before,” May responded dryly.

Before either one could continue with their verbal battle, Mrs. Sorell came on to the scene.

“Well, if it isn’t the two stars of the show!” giggled Mrs. Sorell, obviously amused by what was taking place.

“Oh, hi, Mrs. Sorell!” said May happily, still proud of being able to have the last word in her banter with Drew.

“You two did a magnificent job with the play, and I really mean it too,” smiled Mrs. Sorell.

“Thanks, Mrs. Sorell. That’s such a relief,” sighed May. “A few hours ago, I was so nervous about messing up the whole play.”

“And you probably would have if I didn’t drag you to practice all the time,” commented Drew.

“I would have gone to practice with or without your dragging! You just ended up dragging me there before I could walk there myself!” said May, desperately trying to justify her situation.

Mrs. Sorell laughed. “Either way, you both did a great job, especially with the last scene. I was surprised you two actually decided to do the real kiss!”

Embarrassed, May blushed. “Oh, well, the kiss wasn’t exactly real.”

“Hm? What do you mean, May?” asked Mrs. Sorell.

“Well, Drew and I didn’t actually… you know,” confessed May, still a bit red for embarrassment.

Mrs. Sorell looked utterly confused and lost. “Huh? But… we saw…”

“I guess the fake kiss was a success, May,” said Drew. “Not even Mrs. Sorell saw through it.”

May laughed, “We’re good.”

“You mean I’m good. I had to do all the work,” Drew pointed out, flicking his hair as he did so.

“That’s not f-”

“Fake?” echoed Mrs. Sorell, ten seconds too late.

“Hm? Oh yeah. Well, we just thought that the play would end the best with that, since it was a pretty happy ending for Haruka and Shuu. So during the intermission, we both agreed to fake it but make it seem just as real,” explained May.

“And you were scared I was actually going to miss,” laughed Drew. “Please. As if I’d actually do the real thing in front of everyone.”

“Well, everyone probably thinks you did,” May retorted, slowly turning red again as she realized that what she said was probably true and that Misty would never let her hear the end of it.

“They can think whatever they want, but we both know the truth,” said Drew.

“Fake?” echoed Mrs. Sorell, interrupting the stars’ argument.

“Hey, are you okay, Mrs. Sorell? You kind of look like your spirit just left your body,” observed Drew.

“Mmm, you do like kind of pale, Mrs. Sorell,” May agreed.

However, Mrs. Sorell didn’t respond.

“Um, Mrs. Sorell? Helloooooo? Yoo hoo!” cried May, waving her hand in front of Mrs. Sorell’s face.

Mrs. Sorell finally snapped out of her trance. “Oh, I’m sorry. I’ll all right, you two. Well, it’s been a long but productive night. You two should get going. I’m sure there are lots of people who are waiting to see you.”

“Oh, you’re probably right,” said May. “Mom and Misty must be dying to see-”

Then, realization had struck upon May like a lightning bolt.

“OH NO!!! DREW! I CANNOT GO OUT THERE! THEY’RE GONNA KILL ME!!!” cried May, her face stricken with horror.

Drew sighed as she lightly pushed her out the door, “Well, you should have thought about that before you asked me to fake it.”

“But I wasn’t thinking about them at the time! All I was thinking about was the play!!!” whined May, as she desperately grabbed the doorframe to hide from her impending doom.

Drew made no effort to urge May any further and simply exited the room on his own.

“Hey! You can’t just leave me here to suffer!” cried May, as she chased after Drew out of the room.

Soon, only Mrs. Sorell was left in the room. However, the room looked a lot darker than it actually was, even though the lights were still on.

“Fake?” the teacher repeated, dropping to her knees. “They… FAKED it?! LIES!!! I even have proof of the real thing on tape!”

Mrs. Sorell quickly picked herself up and hurried to the tech center where the recorded tapes of the play were.

“Ha! Even if my own students lie to me, technology cannot lie to me!!!” grinned Mrs. Sorell as she pushed a few buttons and watched the screen.

However, the screen did not show what she wanted to see – that being a fake kiss.

“LIES!!!” cried Mrs. Sorell, as she wept bitterly in front of the screen.

--

"YOU TWO FREAKIN KISSED! ON STAGE! IN PUBLIC! LOOK, LOOK, LOOK!!!" screamed Misty, pointing vigorously at the screen of her camcorder.

Her cheeks slightly tinted with pink, May nervously giggled, "Well, about that Mist..."

“MAY! YOU GOT YOUR FIRST KISS ON STAGE!!!” shrieked Caroline, May’s mother.

“Wait, Mom! T-there’s a perfectly good explanation for all this,” stuttered May.

However, both females ignored the poor actress and shushed her as they rewinded the tapes to replay the last scene again and again, squealing each time. Unfortunately, May who was caught in between the two fanatics, could only try to shield her ears from receiving permanent hearing loss.

Max, who was dragged by his mother to see his sister’s play, shook his head in disapproval and snorted in disgust, “Women.”

The other three men, Ash, Drew, and Norman (May’s father), simultaneously sighed wearily at the display of the women – Drew in particular. He was beginning to wonder if the overwhelming success of the play was worth this humiliation. He knew this was going to happen if he agreed to it, but he also knew that the person who’d face the most embarrassment from all this would be May. And since it was she who suggested it, he figured that he could suck it up since she was determined to do so as well. But now, after the third round of feminine squeals, he was beginning to wonder.

--

“So did you tell them yet?” asked Drew.

May sighed. “I never got the chance to. Every time I tried to bring it up, they’d start screaming all over again.”

“Oh well. It’s probably best to leave it be for now anyways,” said Drew.

“Huh? Why?” asked May.

“Well, at least they look happy,” offered Drew.

Both teenagers looked at the crazed redhead and mother, who were still fawning over the video and occasionally screaming.

May winced. “I don’t think I’m ready to endure eternal pain for a few hours of their happiness.”

“True, but I don’t think they’d listen to you right now,” said Drew.

May sighed.

“Caroline, May, let’s go home now!” called Norman, who was standing in front of their Red Honda, accompanied by an impatient Max.

“Coming!” called May. Turning to Drew, she asked, “Need a ride?”

Seeing Caroline nodding overenthusiastically behind her daughter, Drew answered with a sweatdrop, “It’s fine. I’ll walk.”

“Not on my watch, Drew. It’s far too late for you to be walking home on your own,” reasoned Caroline, as she ushered both her daughter and Drew to the car. “Besides, Norman and I would love to drive you home.”

“Well, if you insist,” said Drew, concealing a sigh.

--

“Caroline, honey, don’t you think you should put that camera away now?” asked Norman, as he started to pity the kids at the back of the car. May looked like she was about to go insane, Max looked as if his brain had been fried, and Drew tried to look indifferent out of politeness, but no one could miss that twitching eyebrow.

“But Norman! It’s so fun! Plus, it makes me feel young again!” protested Caroline. However, Norman gave his wife the “please be cooperative for now” look, and Caroline finally gave in. “Oh, all right. I’ll stop for now.”

Norman smiled at his wife and then started a new conversation with the guest in his car. “So Drew, how are your folks doing?”

“They’re still out of town, but they seem to be doing fine. There have been a few times when they called me that they sounded a bit stressed out with work, but nothing out of the ordinary,” answered Drew, his voice trailing in a far away tone.

“My, they’ve been out of town for quite a bit now. Are they coming back soon?” asked Caroline, a bit concerned.

“They’re coming back for Christmas and they’ll be staying for a few weeks,” said Drew, his mouth slowly curling up into a small smile.

“That’s great!” smiled Caroline. “Do you have any plans with your family when they come back?”

“Not at the moment,” answered Drew. “We might talk about it when they get back though.”

“In that case, why don’t you and your parents come over to our place for New Year’s? We’ll have a great big count down, lots of food, and a huge sleepover!” suggested Caroline.

“Well, I don’t want to impose on you,” Drew answered politely.

“Nonsense! We’d love to have you and your family over, right, Norman?” gleamed Caroline.

“That’s right,” agreed Norman, laughing at his wife’s eagerness. “After all, we haven’t seen your parents for quite a while. It’ll be great catching up with them.”

“Yeah, and it’ll be loads of fun,” May chipped in.

“All right,” chuckled Drew. “I’ll let them know next time they call.”

“Well, we’re here,” said Norman, as he pulled up next to the curb in front of Drew’s house.

“Thanks for the ride Mr. Maple, Mrs. Maple,” thanked Drew, as he opened the car door and stepped out.

“Any time, Drew,” smiled Caroline.

“See you later, May, Max,” said Drew, flicking his hair away from his eyes as a farewell gesture.

“Bye!” the Maple siblings waved, as Drew shut the door and retired to his house.

--

Once Drew left, Max leaned over to May and whispered, “You’re in for it now.”

“What are you talking about, Max?” asked May, as she pushed her brother away, trying to regain her personal space. That was when she saw Max’s mischievous grin – and she had seen that grin way too often – the one he always wore when she really was going to get a lecture.

“May, I know Drew is a great guy…” Norman started.

May rolled her eyes. ‘You can’t be serious…’

“And I’m glad it’s him out of all the guys out there, but you still have to watch out. He’s still a guy,” said Norman.

“You would know wouldn’t you, Dad?” laughed May. She couldn’t resist making a comeback, especially after all those verbal wars with Drew….. Right, Drew was the topic here.

“May, don’t tease your father like that,” laughed Caroline. “But really, May, you could have at least told us when you two became an item before we got the shock of our lives. Although it really wasn’t much of a shock, but you know, to see that on public display.”

“Whoa, whoa, FREEZE! Stop, and REWIND!” shouted May. “You two don’t think that I’m actually going out with Drew, do you?”

“Well, aren’t you?” asked Max.

“What? Even YOU think that?” asked May.

“Hey, just because I wear glasses doesn’t mean I’m blind,” said Max, pushing up his glasses back to the bridge of his nose. “And don’t even try to pull up that ‘You’re just a kid’ excuse either!”

“Well, too bad, because blind kid or not, you’re all wrong anyways. Drew and I are best friends, and that’s all there is to it,” May said firmly, crossing her arms as if that would settle the problem once and for all. But of course, life’s just not as simple as that.

At first there was silence.

“You’re really not-”

“No.”

“But what about tonight? You two-”

“Acting. Plus, it was fake. He got the side next to my mouth.”

“Oh.”

Then there was an awkward silence.

That is, until Max said, “I’m hungry.”

Like sister, like brother. Or, it could just run in the family.

--

“It’s too early for this!” yawned Ash, who slumped against the pillar behind him. “Couldn’t we have done this in the afternoon or something?”

It was nine-forty on a Saturday morning, and Ash and Misty were waiting for May and Drew in the heart of Petalburg Square – the largest mall in the city. With Christmas just around the corner, the mall was completely covered in red and green decorations and Christmas sale signs, and Christmas songs were played on the speakers over and over again.

“Oh, stop whining Ash. If we came any later, the mall would be flooded with mad crazy women grabbing all the items on sale,” explained Misty. “Besides, it’s not that early. It’s only nine-forty! That’s nothing compared to your morning soccer practices.”

“But soccer’s fun! Shopping’s so life-draining!” groaned Ash, pulling down his cheeks with his palms in exaggeration. “And May and Drew aren’t even here yet!”

Misty giggled. “They’re probably taking their sweet time getting here, being all lovey-dovey as a new couple. They’re probably skipping down Lover’s Lane and dancing with each other across a field of flowers while staring deeply into each other’s eyes.”

“Misty,” said Ash.

“What?”

“It’s winter. There are no flowers outside.”

Misty rolled her eyes. “You know what I mean, Ash Ketchum.”

“No, I don’t. Girls imagine such scary things that I can’t even understand it,” said Ash.

“I think that’s just your girlfriend, Ash,” said May, who had arrived a few seconds ago.

“May, Drew! What took you so long?” asked Ash.

“Definitely not what Misty thinks, that’s for sure,” said Drew, flicking his hair.

“Ehehe… I kinda overslept,” confessed May, shyly rubbing her cheek with her forefinger.

“Lucky. I couldn’t even get a chance to oversleep. Misty kept calling me at eight o’clock to make sure I got out of bed,” groaned Ash. “I only had two eggs and two slices of ham for breakfast. I’m so hungry!”

“Well, you better get shopping then! The sooner you get it done, the sooner you’ll have lunch,” said Misty, before latching onto May’s arm. “May and I will go ahead and buy our dresses first. You and Drew go buy whatever you need for the dance. We’ll meet up at the food court when we’re done.”

“All right,” said Ash. “I’m counting on you, Drew. You have to shop fast. I’m starving!”

“Speak for yourself. Last time we came here, we took forever to get out of here because you and May couldn’t stop drooling over the food displays,” scoffed Drew, flicking his hair again as he already began to walk away.

“Hey, wait up!” said Ash, catching up to Drew. “And just so you know, May and I eventually got free food from one of the store managers because of our drooling.”

“…That’s not exactly something to be proud of… just so you know,” said Drew.

May giggled. She remembered that day. She and Ash had their noses pressed against the display window, drooling as their eyes reflected all the different kinds of delectable fudge in the display window. They had been on the windows for nearly ten minutes, despite Misty and Drew’s complaints, just imagining how the fudge would taste in their mouths. Eventually, the store manager came out and offered both May and Ash a small square of chocolate fudge. She and Ash voiced their opinion that the store manager was super nice and that next time they would buy a whole brick of fudge. But Drew just said that the manager only gave them free fudge so they wouldn’t scare away any of the other customers or leave permanent prints on the windows.

“May, we should get going too…” said Misty.

May turned to Misty. This was going to be fun. Just two girls and the mall. What more could she ask for?

“Or are you already missing your boyfriend?” winked Misty.

Right. A boyfriend. She didn’t have that yet, but there was no rush. She liked what she had with Drew, and she didn’t want to risk it just yet.

Then, May saw the mischievous, teasing glint in Misty’s eyes. Suddenly, she realized that this trip to the mall was going to be less than fun… it was going to be torture.

--

"So... remind me again why we're in the mall, about a week before Christmas," pouted Ash, after nearly becoming roadkill from a frantic female shopper.

“Because girls are crazy about dances and shopping when the whole female population is shopping. It probably gets their adrenaline pumping or something,” muttered Drew, as he rubbed his arm after it got hit by a flying shopping bag.

“All we need are dress shirts, dress pants, and possibly a jacket, right?” asked Ash.

“Yeah,” said Drew. “Let’s go to Taylor’s. It’s a guy store, so there shouldn’t be too many shopping-crazed women in there.”

“Sounds good,” said Ash.

A few moments later, Drew and Ash reached Taylor’s, and the sight simply astonished them.

“You’ve gotta be kidding me,” muttered Drew.

Inside the ‘guy store’ was a whole cattle of women fighting over the simplest of ties, belts, shoes, dress pants… and just about everything else. These women obviously had no idea what their husbands or boyfriends like and simply just decided to buy something that would make them look more handsome.

“‘Not too many shopping-crazed women,’ huh?” repeated Ash.

“Oh, shut up.”

--

“So, May, what was the real reason you were late, today?” asked Misty.

May face-palmed herself. “I already told you, Mist. I overslept.”

“That’s what you always say!” laughed Misty.

“But that’s because that’s what always happens…” trailed May.

“Oh whatever!” said Misty, as she glomped May. “I’m so proud of you and Drew. After all this time, you two finally got together!”

"“Um...… Misty?” May said uncomfortably.

“Oh sorry, am I hugging you too hard?” asked Misty, quickly releasing her friend.

“No, but um… well…” May began.

“Yeah?”

May opened her mouth to tell Misty the truth about what really happened during the drama play, but there was a nagging feeling inside of her that made her think of the consequences and how Misty would react to the news.

~~

Scenario 1:

“The kiss was fake. Drew and I aren’t together,” confessed May.

There was a tense and unbearable silence.

“WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!” roared an angry Misty, with flames shooting from her mouth. “HOW DARE YOU DECEIVE ME AND ALL THE OTHER PEOPLE WATCHING YOU ON THAT STAGE?!?! YOU SHOULD BE BANNED FROM ACTING! I’LL NEVER LET YOU ACT WITH DREW AGAIN, IF IT’S THE LAST THING I DO!”

“Nooo! Don’t eat me!” cried May, cowering in fear.

May shuddered and almost cried at the thought.

~~

Scenario 2:

Misty fell to her knees, her eyes filled with shock and welling with tears.

“Mist? You okay?” asked May.

“I… (sob)… can’t believe… (sob)… you two would do this to me!” sobbed Misty, gasping for breath in between her cries.

“Listen, Misty. I’m really sorry-”

“No! Don’t say anymore! There’s no more point in living if you two aren’t together!” Misty cried.

“What are you saying, Mist?” asked May.

“I can’t live in a world where you two aren’t together!” bursted Misty

“But… you’ve been doing that just fine before the play…”

“No! Say no more! Tell Ash that I’m sorry. Goodbye, May,” said Misty, as she ran out of the mall.

“Wait! Misty!” yelled May.

Is Misty really that melodramatic, thought May. Well, you can’t be too safe.

~~

Scenario 3:

“Oh, well that’s just dandy!” said Misty. “I’m sorry for giving you so much trouble, May. Honest, I am.”

“No, it’s okay…” said May, feeling weirded out.

“Well, let’s just enjoy our time shopping together and then we can go eat all the fudge we want!” chirped Misty.

“Yay!” said May, as she and Misty skipped along, through the mall.

That sounds pretty good, dreamed May, but that’s also pretty creepy on Misty’s part…

~~

All in all, thinking before she acted didn’t really get her anywhere, other than the fact that none of the possible reactions seemed too good. Misty would either be angry, depressed, or really creepy, and May didn’t want to have to experience any of these reactions alone. She would just have to bear with Misty’s antics before they met up with Drew and Ash.

“Um… never mind,” said May.

“What do you mean, ‘Never mind’? Tell me!” said Misty.

May desperately looked around for anything that would distract Misty. That’s when a red shimmer caught her eye and her interest.

“Hey, what’s that?” asked May.

“I’m not falling for that one, May,” laughed Misty.

“No, really,” May said seriously, as she ran up to the display window to get a better look at the red shimmer. It was beautiful.

“What are you looking at?” asked Misty.

“That locket over there. The one with the red rose on it,” said May. “It’s so pretty!”

“And it might look pretty good on you at the dance too!” agreed Misty.

“I don’t know if I should buy it or not though. It looks pretty expensive and the dress is more important than a necklace, right?” asked May.

Misty nodded. “Maybe we can come back after we buy everything else we need and see if we have enough money to buy it.”

May smiled. “Great. I just hope no one buys it before we come back.”

~~

“I never, EVER, want to go Christmas shopping again,” panted an exhausted Ash. His hat was barely covering his ruffled hair, and despite the fact that his clothes were straight from the dryer this morning, his apparel was now wrinkled and disheveled.

“I don’t care what anyone says. Women are beasts when it comes to shopping,” groaned Drew, whose appearance was almost just as bad as Ash’s. He immediately tended to his hair and smoothed down his clothes before anyone he knew could see his battle scars.

“Well, at least it’s over for the next four years or so. I’m just gonna wear this set of clothes for all the school dances. I don’t think I can go through that torture again,” said Ash.

“For once, that’s smart thinking, Ash,” said Drew.

“Yup, that’s me. Smart Ash,” grinned Ash. “Anyways, I’m starved. Let’s go to the food court!”

“You go on ahead. I still have to do some other Christmas shopping,” sighed Drew.

“Being the smart one here, let me give you some advice Drew: DON’T DO IT! You still have a life to live, man!” reasoned Ash.

Drew rolled his eyes and walked away. “I’ll see you later, genius.”

“Well, it was nice knowing you! I’ll give you a nice eulogy!” shouted Ash, making sure Drew could hear him.

~~

The girls went to Four Seasons in search for a dress. Misty had already found her dress – a light-blue spaghetti-strap dress that fell to her ankles. It was the perfect tint of blue and really reminded Misty of the seas that she loved so much.

May, on the other hand, was having a bit of trouble.

“So what kind of dress are you looking for?” asked Misty.

“I’m not totally sure. I just figured that once I saw it, I’d know that that would be the perfect dress,” shrugged May.

“Well, do you know what colour you want your dress to be?” asked Misty.

“Mmm,” thought May, “I was thinking red, white, or blue.”

“The blue would bring out the colour of your eyes, but I don’t think that necklace you saw before would go to well with it,” pointed out Misty.

“True. Then, red or white?”

“Well, you wear red all the time. I say, save red for the Valentine’s Day dance. Besides, I think that necklace will stand out more if you wear white,” grinned Misty.

May laughed. “Okay, then let’s search all the white dresses!”

“All right!”

And they hunted down all the white dresses in the store. But there seemed to always be something wrong with them.

“This one?”

“Too much cleavage.”

“How about this?”

“Too short”

“This?”

“…Misty, that looks like a wedding dress…”

“Well, you can save it for yours. It’s coming soon, anyways right?” winked Misty.

“Misty!”

“Right, Christmas dance dress…”

“Oh, hey May! How about this one?”

May carefully inspected the dress. It was a spaghetti-strap dress like Misty’s, but the dress would only fall to her knees. The design was also quite pretty – it wasn’t too simple, nor was it too complicated.

“I like it,” smiled May.

“Well, go on. Try it on!” urged Misty, giving the dress to May and pushing her to the fitting room.

“All right! All right!” laughed May, as she went into the fitting room and closed the door.

~~

Drew had already bought most of the Christmas presents he planned on buying. He already bought presents for his parents, Ash, and Misty. The only present he had left on his “To Buy” list was May’s – and oddly, that was the present he had trouble deciding on. Should he buy her food? Or something most girls would like? But what things that most girls like does May also like? Flowers? He already gave a few roses to her on days of no special occasion whatsoever. Chocolate? Nah, she already had a not-so-secret stash of that. Jewelry? He’s never seen her wear that kind of stuff. Just bandanas and gloves. And she got new bandanas and gloves for her birthday from her parents. What was left to give?!

Drew sat down on a bench in frustration. It’s not supposed to be this hard to buy a gift for your best friend. Why was it so hard? Why? Why? Maybe he should just settle for food. But then again, he bought a better gift for Ash than food, despite his ridiculous love for food.

Drew sighed and looked around. That was when he saw an interesting glimmer in the store in front of him. He walked over to it and took a better look at the shiny object. He smiled. It was perfect… he hoped.

~~

“Oh my gosh! It looks fabulous on you! You have to buy this dress!” Misty gushed.

May giggled. “I like it a lot, too. It’s not too pricey, it fits well… I even have the perfect shoes for it at home!”

“Great! Then let’s go pay for our dresses and head to the food court. Ash just texted me, and he’s getting awfully lonely,” said Misty.

“Sure. I guess I’ll go check out that necklace later. I’m starved anyways. But what happened to Drew?” asked May.

“Ash said your boyfriend had some of his own shopping to do. I can’t imagine who he’d be shopping for,” giggled Misty.

Boyfriend… right… May still had to tell Misty about the play.

~~

“Hey, they’re still not here yet?” asked Drew, as he put down his bags of Christmas goodies in the seat next to him.

“Nope. I don’t understand how girls can take so long to shop for stuff that they’ll only use once in their lifetime,” muttered Ash, as he began to clean his plate of French fries.

“It’s pretty amazing. I buy my stuff for the dance and five extra presents, and they’re still not done buying a single dress and whatever else they might also be buying,” sighed Drew.

“You might as well get something to eat while you wait. This could take forever,” said Ash.

“Forever? We’re already here!” announced Misty.

“Well, it’s about time! I’ve been waiting here for ages!” complained Ash.

“Whoa, Ash! Your hair’s a mess! What happened?” asked Misty, who quickly took the duty of grooming her boyfriend.

“Vicious women in stores. That’s what,” stated Ash.

Misty laughed and pecked Ash on the cheek, hoping it would cheer him up a bit. “Well, thanks for coming with us and sticking it out.”

-SNAP!-

“What was that?” asked Ash.

Misty and Ash looked up and saw May with a camera in hand.

“The beginning of revenge,” grinned May, as she let the two have a quick glimpse at the moment she captured.

“Hey, May! Delete that! That’s embarrassing!” pleaded Ash, his face turning a little red.

“No way,” said May, enjoying the moment.

“Don’t worry, Ash. We’ll get our own revenge at the Christmas dance. After all, May bought such a lovely dress. Drew’s gonna fall that much deeper in love with his girlfriend, and we’re gonna tape that moment and use that as more blackmail!” grinned Misty.

Drew sighed and leaned in to May’s ear and whispered, “You still haven’t told her?”

May whispered back, “It was too scary to tell her when it was just me and her. But we might as well spill the beans now.”

“Are you two lovebirds whispering sweet nothings to each other?” giggled Misty.

“No, actually…” began Drew, who then nudged May with his elbow.

“Um…” said May. She took a deep breath, and confessed, “The kiss was fake. Drew and I aren’t together.”

Then, there was a very awkward and tense silence.

Oh no, she’s gonna eat me!, feared May.

“What?” asked Misty, thinking she didn’t hear correctly.

“You heard her. Kiss was fake. May and I are just friends. End of story. See ya!” said Drew, as he grabbed his bags, took May’s hand, and dragged the both of them out of Misty’s firing range.

Misty silently sat down on the chair and slumped. “Well, that was depressing.”

“He says that and runs away with the girl, anyways. Poor guy. It’s a shame he’s not as smart as me,” noted Ash

Misty turned to give her boyfriend a dry look.

“French fry?” offered Ash.

“Sure.”

~~

Drew and May successfully escaped Misty’s supposed wrath and were now catching their breath as they sat on a bench.

“Well, I think she took that pretty well. She didn’t coming running after us,” said Drew.

“Yeah! She didn’t eat me or run away or act all creepy!” said May.

“…What?” asked Drew.

“Oh… um… nothing,” said a flustered May, realizing how silly that sounded. “Oh, Drew, could you come with me for a minute? There was something I wanted to buy, but Misty and I didn’t have enough time.”

“As long as it doesn’t involve wrestling women for it, sure,” grinned Drew.

“Great! The store was over here, I think,” said May, as she led the way.

But when they got there, May frowned. “That’s weird. It’s not here anymore.”

“Hm? What?” asked Drew.

“There was a really pretty necklace right there – between the two white boxes. But it’s not there any more. Someone probably already bought it. But it was so beautiful, Drew! It had this red rose on it, and it would have looked great with my new dress.” May sighed. “Oh well. I’ll just see if I can get one of Mom’s necklaces.”

Drew gave a comforting pat to his friend. “Don’t worry about it. I’m sure it’ll work out.”

May smiled, “Thanks, Drew.”

“So is there anything else you want to do here before we go?” asked Drew.

May thought for a while. Well, she did have some extra cash since she couldn’t buy the necklace. But she had already bought Christmas presents a few weeks ago with her family. And although she was a bit hungry, the food court was currently being occupied by an angry Misty. May looked around the mall and saw a photo booth.

“One thing,” said May, as she pointed towards the photo booth.

“Aren’t you tired of having your picture taken, yet?” asked Drew.

“Only if Mom or Misty are taking it,” grinned May.

“All right,” said Drew, giving in. “But just this once.”

“Yay!” cheered May. “Let’s go!”

May ran across the mall and quickly entered the photo booth. Drew eventually joined her.

“Do you even know how to work this thing?” asked Drew.

“Sure! It’s just taking pictures! How hard can it be?” laughed May.

“Okay…” said Drew, uneasily.

May put $2 into the machine.

“Now what?” asked Drew.

“Smile?” suggested May.

-SNAP!-

“I think it just took a picture,” said May.

“No, really?” Drew asked sarcastically.

“Hey, it’s harder than it looks!” argued May.

“That’s not what you said ten seconds ago!”

-SNAP!-

“Aw, great. Now it took a picture of us being angry!” complained May.

“Then stop being angry,” said Drew.

“I’m not angry. Just frustrated at this stupid machine,” muttered May.

Drew sighed.

-SNAP!-

Then May sighed. “One picture left.”

“Then we better make it count,” said Drew, as he wrapped his arm around May and brought her closer. “Smile!”

“W-Wha-”

Not hesitating to act fast, Drew poked her in the side where she was ticklish. May giggled in protest, but Drew just smiled at the camera.

-SNAP!-

“Drew, that was a cheap shot!” pouted May.

“Hey, you smiled, didn’t you?” grinned Drew. “Oh, they’re printing now.”

The photos came out in a sheet where there were doubles of four different photos. The first photo showed Drew giving May a hopeless look while May stared at the camera stupidly. The second photo captured their argument, while the third photo showed May pouting and Drew sighing. Luckily, the fourth photo captured the moment when both of them were smiling and laughing.

Drew chuckled. “That’s a pretty accurate storyboard.”

May laughed as well. “Well, what do you know? They all turned out pretty well!”

Drew tore the sheet in half and gave one of the halves to May, who happily took it. “So, we’re done here, right?”

“Yup, I think so.”

“Then let’s go find somewhere to eat. You’re hungry, right?” asked Drew.

“You know me too well,” laughed May. “All right, let’s go. But I’m gonna have to go use the little girl’s room. I’ll be right back.”

Once May was gone, Drew gave his attention to his shopping bag and took out a black box. He opened it and carefully took out a necklace – a locket, to be more precise – with a red rose.

“I definitely know you too well,” agreed Drew, as he put May’s present back in its box.

--

5970 words on 20 pages!
Not too bad for someone who’s out of practice =___=
Anyways, please drop off some reviews for me! Reviews are love! And I love reviews =D Again, thanks to all those who have given me reviews during the time when I was missing in action. I hope I can respond to all those reviews soon! And I will update my PM List soon as well!

Oh, and I know you’re all disappointed with what really happened. I had no intention of letting them kiss anyways. But when I was writing the play, Haruka and Shuu just had to kiss. But it wasn’t May and Drew’s time yet. Keyword: yet ;) So I hope y’all forgive me! (PLEASE FORGIVE ME! DON’T EAT ME!!! TOT)

AsianAngel

Love is mysterious
Eeeeeeeeeeeppp!

*Squeals* I love it! Finally! I have been waiting for the next chapter and it finally came. Thank you for updating. Your stories are awesome! Update soon =)

junpearl63

their rooms
First, thank you for the Pm, second, review time:

Mrs. Sorell quickly picked herself up and hurried to the tech center where the recorded tapes of the play were.

“Ha! Even if my own students lie to me, technology cannot lie to me!!!” grinned Mrs. Sorell as she pushed a few buttons and watched the screen.

However, the screen did not show what she wanted to see – that being a fake kiss.

“LIES!!!” cried Mrs. Sorell, as she wept bitterly in front of the screen.

Hum, Mrs. Sorell are being overreacted isn't she...

"YOU TWO FREAKIN KISSED! ON STAGE! IN PUBLIC! LOOK, LOOK, LOOK!!!" screamed Misty, pointing vigorously at the screen of her camcorder.

“MAY! YOU GOT YOUR FIRST KISS ON STAGE!!!” shrieked Caroline, May’s mother.

Haha, they're just like May's fangirl.

“And just so you know, May and I eventually got free food from one of the store managers because of our drooling.”

“…That’s not exactly something to be proud of… just so you know,” said Drew.

Definetely my favorite part...

Misty laughed and pecked Ash on the cheek, hoping it would cheer him up a bit. “Well, thanks for coming with us and sticking it out.”

-SNAP!-

“What was that?” asked Ash.

Misty and Ash looked up and saw May with a camera in hand.

“The beginning of revenge,” grinned May, as she let the two have a quick glimpse at the moment she captured.

The beggining of revenge... sound like U.S horror film... for Misty and Ash :)

Then May sighed. “One picture left.”

“Then we better make it count,” said Drew, as he wrapped his arm around May and brought her closer. “Smile!”

“W-Wha-”

Not hesitating to act fast, Drew poked her in the side where she was ticklish. May giggled in protest, but Drew just smiled at the camera.

-SNAP!-

For the last licture, this is definetely the best.

Sorry for such a short review, but I have a short time (and a small brain) so I guess it will end here. Thank you for a great chapter, and have a good day.

O_O YOU'RE ALIVE! Hooray! :D Lol, sorry, had to do that xD I've been busy here too so I know how hard it is for you to update this. Awesome job! Oh, and I found a tiny mistake...
Mrs. Sorell finally snapped out of her trance. “Oh, I’m sorry. I’ll all right, you two. Well, it’s been a long but productive night. You two should get going. I’m sure there are lots of people who are waiting to see you.”
Did you mean, "I'll be all right"? ^^;
Other than that, this chapter looks good! Great job once again~

Plusle+Minun

fanfiction is life

Okay...well, that was unexpected.

Quite. I mean, the kiss plus the fact that you updated, no offense.

But it was kinda predicatable that Drew would buy the necklace May wanted.

o_O I think May is going crazy. Why would Misty eat her?

UltimatePIkachuFan

Dragon Empress
Yay! You finally updated after such a long time.

Scenario 1:

There was a tense and unbearable silence.

“WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!” roared an angry Misty, with flames shooting from her mouth. “HOW DARE YOU DECEIVE ME AND ALL THE OTHER PEOPLE WATCHING YOU ON THAT STAGE?!?! YOU SHOULD BE BANNED FROM ACTING! I’LL NEVER LET YOU ACT WITH DREW AGAIN, IF IT’S THE LAST THING I DO!”

“Nooo! Don’t eat me!” cried May, cowering in fear.

May shuddered and almost cried at the thought.

I would be scared out of my mind if something like that happened to me, though I highly doubt that it's possible for a person to breath fire. I don't think Misty would have any interest in eating May either. Lol! :p

“You go on ahead. I still have to do some other Christmas shopping,” sighed Drew.

“Being the smart one here, let me give you some advice Drew: DON’T DO IT! You still have a life to live, man!” reasoned Ash.

Drew rolled his eyes and walked away. “I’ll see you later, genius.”

“Well, it was nice knowing you! I’ll give you a nice eulogy!” shouted Ash, making sure Drew could hear him.

This was definitely my favorite scene in the whole chapter. Ash can be such an idiot sometimes. Thanks for updating. I will be patiently waiting for the next chapter.

Genkiness

CHEESE!!!
All right! Response time!

Plusle+Minun: Haha! I’m so glad Kai is so well-received by everyone XD Thanks for all your compliments and I’ve added you to the PM List =)

Amethyst_^.~: Lol! Well if you read chapter 21, I guess you’ll find Drew to be even denser than Ash XD (maybe… maybe not…) Haha, I guess the play was Misty’s dream for her two friends.

AsianAngel: Haha! Thanks! Good luck with your fic! =)

Hobo.Melody: Yeah, the play actually took me a while to write… Then to type it up… oh my… lol. But I’m glad it worked out in the end =) I’m not sure if I fixed the Drew/Shuu problem yet, but I can’t fix it now anyways… for some reason, I can’t edit on serebii right now. I keep getting a 500 error >< Ah, that’s true about Anna. Lol. I’ll see if I can fix it when serebii feels better. And I believe that “practice” is a noun, and “practise” is a verb… at least… that’s what I learned at school. So if that’s not true, I’ll go sue my grade 5 teacher =) Thanks for your review, and you’ve been added to the PM List =)

Shuukara: I have no idea how I missed that either. I purposely even checked for that before I posted it too… twice even =___= ah well. Thanks for your tips =) But usually, I don’t forget my ideas… The ideas just never come to me later… when I’m extremely busy… >.< And yes, I am alive… for now… And thanks for pointing out that mistake! I actually meant “I’m all right.” But ahhhhhhh serebii won’t let me edit right now T_T. Meh, I’ll get it when it heals itself =)

HeartlessBlueAngel448: Thanks for reviewing! =D And yes, I’ve added you to the PM List. Haha. It must be so scandalous to hear that Shuu had a special someone before Haruka XD Well, I felt it had to be done. And I’m glad you also think that writing my own play was better than using the classics. I personally never found Romeo and Juliet that romantic… Romeo’s a romantic name, but I dunno lol.

Rebeccaq: Lol well I haven’t updated regularly, so it’s more than understandable how you missed the update. Especially chapter 21 -.- so slow at updating… lol.

Hazel_Nut: Thanks a lot for your review! Haha, well I put the reactions in the next chapter, so I hope you enjoy that =) Hehe, I think comedy and romance are the only things I can write XD But comedy is sometimes iffy for me. Some friends think I’m hilarious =D Some friends think I’m not >< ah well. And you’ve been added to the PM List!

MayfanxD: Thanks for your great review! =D Ahaha, I’m actually very bad at naming characters. I’ll be sitting down for quite a while, trying to think up of possible names, and I’ll only come up with very mediocre names =___= It’s sad, really lol.

junpearl63: Thanks a lot for your great reviews! Ah, I’m sorry about not including the fangirls. Thank you for reminding me. I’ll see if I can put that in the next chapter =) And, you’ve been added to the PM List (as you already know). Haha, Mrs. Sorell’s overreactions are just beginning *hint hint* XD And haha, it’s funny how you say Misty and Caroline are May’s fangirls XD

mayxdrewlover: Haha, thanks for your review! Yes, sometimes I wonder how I wrote that up as well lol. Oh, and my username is actually geNkiness (Genkiness) lol. Although I am actually kinda geeky, but no matter XD And a PM List is just a list of people who I send private messages to whenever I get a new chapter out. I’ll add you on the PM List =)

MultipleShipper: Aw thanks! And that’s okay! Positive overreactions make reviews even better XD Thank you very much for your review!

may09: I’m glad you like it and I’ll add you to the PM List, but please check the Shipping Fic rules regarding spam =)

Hollypaw’s_cool14: Well I’m glad you found it again! Hm, well, if you think bookmarking isn’t good, you could just copy and paste the URL link to an email to yourself. But I think you should be fine

charmanderkesryl: I’m glad you like it and I enjoy the next chapter! Also, please check the Shipping Fic rules regarding spam =)

UltimatePIkachuFan: Lol. Well, it’s May’s crazy imagination. Thanks for your review!

PM List:
Animematchmaker2
Hullo
flygonrulz
Haruka Kinomiya
oreo754
eathen_crane_lover
Esperon
misty_aquamaster
xSweetxAurorax
sacred
radama