• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

HeartGold Battle Tower Team

HeadOverHeels

Not enjoying AutumnF
Current streak: 63
Aiming for: 100

;398; Staraptor @ Choice Band
Adamant
252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
Brave Bird
Close Combat
U-Turn
Take Down - I can't replace with Double Edge because it's an egg move. I don't want to re-breed because I rarely need to use the normal move.

Staraptor is fast and hits hard. This tough bird OHKO's a lot of Pokémon with it's strong attacks. When it can't deal with the opponent it will U-turn or switch out to Blissey.

;149; Dragonite @ Yache Berry
Adamant
252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
Outrage
EarthQuake
Fire Punch
Dragon Dance

Dragonite is the bulky attacker of the team. His excellent defenses allow him to take a hit or maybe even two, and then strike back with a powerful move.

;242; Blissey @ Leftovers
Impish
252 HP, 252 Defense, 6 Sp.Defense
Thunder Wave
Softboiled
Seismic Toss
Sing - This move was not meant for the Battle Tower. I think I'll give her Toxic so she can deal with ghosts.

Blissey is the defensive player in this team. She laughs at special attacks and can even survive some of the most powerful physical attacks. I used to have a random Pokémon in this spot but Blissey has proven to be the best so far.

Okay guys thanks for reading I just want to hear your opinions on this team, tell me what I can improve. Keep in mind I don't want to completely change the strategy of the team (I want to keep the idea of 2 strong attackers and 1 defensive Pokémon) and I am willing to replace one Pokémon but not all three. Finally I want to you to know this is my first RMT so please don't bite my head off if I left out some information or whatever :)

Byzantine

63? Highest Ive gotten too as well (I then encountered a medicham of doom :( stupid hax).

If you replace Blissey's sing with toxic (which you should do) replace thunder wave with protect/flamethrower, because it is useless to have 2 status moves, esp when the only major type that is unaffected by toxic is already very slow (There aren't many poison types in the BT from what I've seen, and those there are aren't something you should send blissey out against).

The biggest issue with your team is you have 2 pokemon with a major ice weakness (2X and 4X), and ice types are common in the BT.

Zennyboiz

Herr Wailord
Use Return over Take Down. That is a good STAB without recoil.

Purple_Tangrowth

A DRUM, A DRUM!...
Dragonite@Leftovers
Adamant / Inner Focus
-Dragon Claw
-Dragon Dance
-Substitute
-Roost

Dragonite@Life Orb
Loneley / Inner Focus
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast
-Dragon Dance

HeadOverHeels

Not enjoying AutumnF
Alright thanks for the advice guys I will challenge the battle tower today and I'll let you know how it went.

Made it to battle number 65, then I lost. Opponent got 2 ******** crits but I also realized I have a huge weakness to Aerodactyl.

I think it's time for Dragonite to leave the team and make room for the almighty Garchomp.
Adamant Garchomp @ Yache Berry
252 atk 252 speed 6 HP
Swords Dance
EarthQuake
Outrage
Dragon Claw

Opinions ? :)

Last edited:

Byzantine

Aerodactyl? that blissey with leftovers should be able to handle it normally.

Garchomp just seems to be a repeat of your Dragonite, not a real change, it has the same ice weakness nearly identical coverage and similar bulk. And without a fire move you are leaving yourself open to the likes of scizor. (and for the record I'm using an almost identical garchomp I just have bite instead of outrage due to not being able to get outrage).

HeadOverHeels

Not enjoying AutumnF
Yeah Blissey has taken care of Aerodactyl before but this time he got a crit and that was enough to KO her.
Well Garchomp does not fear Aerodactyl like Dragonite does and the improved speed is definetely useful. I just wish Garchomp had access to a better fire move.I just don't trust Fire Fang because of the non perfect accuracy.

Hey btw if you've got like 64 BP you can talk to one of the move tutor guys at the battle frontier and he will teach your Garchomp Outrage.

Aurath8

Fire Fang is the only physical Fire move Garchomp gets. 95% accuracy but helpful move is better than a redundant Outrage. Fire Fang over Outrage then.

HeadOverHeels

Not enjoying AutumnF
The day I'm getting rid of Outrage is the day I quit Pokémon :p Love that move <3 And it has helped me a lot. I'm going with the set I posted. I will challenge the battle tower when I've finished breeding the Garchomp and will post results.

Byzantine

That would be true if I had platinum, but I have diamond and thus I do not have that option as far as I am aware. Outrage and Dragon claw seems to be redundant together, but I can understand the benefit of having outrage both. If you are going to do a 2 dragon move garchomp put flamethrower on blissey over thunder wave, blissey doesn't have a high sp attack but a 4X weakness is an amazing thing (i can get a scizor to about 5-10 hp in one attack from my low Sp. A. blissey)

and GL getting a good garchomp, I was lucky someone was nice when I gave them a staryu and traded mine to me (It has a 29 attack IV, amazingly enough).