• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Heat Blitz (Competitive RMT)

Hotshot

Hiya! I'm rather new to the 6th Gen competitive arena, but I've had some luck with this team. Help would be appreciated! Changes made in bold.

598.png
342.png
145.png
530.png
6-mega-y.png
647.png

ferrothorn.gif

Steve (Ferrothorn) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpDef
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Steve is my trusty Lead Pokemon. Sometimes he's taken out before he sets up both Spikes and Stealth Rock, but he's nearly always managed to set up one or the other. He's slow, but a solid contender.

crawdaunt.gif

Fish (Crawdaunt) @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Aqua Jet

I really like Crawdaunt. He consistently cleans house and picks off straggling 'mon in late game.

zapdos.gif

Blitz (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- HP (Grass) (Ice?)
- Roost

Zapdos is the bomb. He follows Charizard Y (further down the list) to make quick work of whatever is left behind after Charizard burns a hole in enemy defenses. Heat Wave plays off Charizard Y's Drought, and Thunderbolt and HP Grass are devastating to almost anything that might have killed off Charizard.

excadrill.gif

Willy (Excadrill) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

My Charizard Y and Zapdos are suuuuper Stealth Rock weak, so I've got my Spinner, Willy, to ready the stage for them. I'm not totally sure the Scarf will work out, because it locks me into Spin, but I'm currently trying it out!

charizard-megay.gif

Torch (Charizard Y) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Solar Beam
- Roost

The crux of my team. He usually goes in right after Excadrill has cleared his way to immediately make use of Drought-perks. He burns up everything he can, and then Zapdos follows suit to get those hard-to-reach places with Drought-boosted Heat Wave, Thunderbolt, and HP Grass. Sometimes I like to be unconventional and lead with him, just to mix things up and take my opponent's lead out before it can try anything. It's risky, but it works a lot.

keldeo.gif

Caprius (Keldeo) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 4 SpDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

I'm in try-out phase for Keldeo. Considering stall Dusclops (as suggested in a post below) for the position. Not really sure otherwise, and open to suggestions!

Last edited:

Xenevix

Some Guy
If you are going to keep Leftovers on Crawdaunt instead of Life Orb than I would suggest that you keep Substitute as it keeps off all of those pesky burns. Although his Substitute is very easily broken due to his lackluster bulk. I would suggesst that you stick a Life Orb on him and if you can, give him Superpower as his last move over substitute. You could also opt for Taunt which the utility for taunt this generation knows no bounds.

Heracross is kind of the odd man out on the team. I would suggest you replace him with something that is specially bulky. Since your team seems to be the kind that ends battles fast how I see this best accomplished is through the Assault Vest. Pokemon such as Gallade, Conkeldurr, and Goodra work well with Assault Vest. You may even consider certain Eviolite users such as Porygon2, Duoblade, and for more stall Dusclops.

Minedreigon

A monument to all your sins
I can spot numerous things wrong, unfortunately.

1.DONPHAN. Donphan is fairly awful this generation. Its typing really doesn't do much and is far too slow to get of SR AND Rapid Spin if facing something that 2HKO'es. What i suggest you do is replace it with something else, because you ALREADY HAVE SR ON FERRO. Ra As for your new member, if you want a new ground type and a better scarfer than heracross (which does need replacing) I reccomend excadrill.

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin
- Iron Head
Still Rapid spins, just much faster.

Now that you have lost your Physical wall, I would suggest changing Zapdos to the Physically defensive set.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
Hidden Power Ice over HP Grass, as Gastro is currently very rarely seen in the OU tier. I would say Defog, but Excadrill is a spinner so its fine.

Crawdaunt. Let me just say that the DD set is pretty awful. Since you lack a physically hitting wallbreaker, i recommend you change it to the banded set.

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Waterfall
- Superpower
- Aqua Jet
Far too slow to even bother with speed tbh.

Now that you lack a sweeper, I would suggest changing Heracross for one. Looking at the team, Keldeo would be a good addition. The CM one.

Keldeo @ Expert Belt
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
The CM set is a great sweeper with Ebelt as it can bluff the choice item, as there is no LO damage. Keldeo is also a good partner for Char Y, both taking out what the other can't handle.

Hope this all helps.

ger9119

I would suggest taking Flare Blitz off of Charizard Y for EQ and Dragon Pulse for Roost.

Hotshot

Heracross is kind of the odd man out on the team. I would suggest you replace him with something that is specially bulky. Since your team seems to be the kind that ends battles fast how I see this best accomplished is through the Assault Vest. Pokemon such as Gallade, Conkeldurr, and Goodra work well with Assault Vest. You may even consider certain Eviolite users such as Porygon2, Duoblade, and for more stall Dusclops.

Stall Dusclops, huh? Sounds interesting. What does a stall Dusclops look like? I think I'll give him a shot and see how he works.

Thanks for your help and suggestions!

1.DONPHAN. Donphan is fairly awful this generation. Its typing really doesn't do much and is far too slow to get of SR AND Rapid Spin if facing something that 2HKO'es. What i suggest you do is replace it with something else, because you ALREADY HAVE SR ON FERRO. Ra As for your new member, if you want a new ground type and a better scarfer than heracross (which does need replacing) I reccomend excadrill.

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin
- Iron Head
Still Rapid spins, just much faster.

Interestingly, by the time the mods approved this thread, I had already traded Donphan for Excadrill, except mine is Adamant. I like this one better. Thanks for that.

Now that you have lost your Physical wall, I would suggest changing Zapdos to the Physically defensive set.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
Hidden Power Ice over HP Grass, as Gastro is currently very rarely seen in the OU tier. I would say Defog, but Excadrill is a spinner so its fine.

I had Grass more for pesky Rock/Ground, Rock/Water, basically Rock/whatever types, because sometimes I'm lazy and just don't feel like switching Zapdos out. I'll try it out and see which I like better.

Crawdaunt. Let me just say that the DD set is pretty awful. Since you lack a physically hitting wallbreaker, i recommend you change it to the banded set.

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Waterfall
- Superpower
- Aqua Jet

Fair enough. I'll give him a shot. Is Crawdaunt even good enough to keep on the team? I've considered switching him for Azumarill, given the Fairy-typing, or Greninja. Thoughts on that?

Keldeo @ Expert Belt
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
The CM set is a great sweeper with Ebelt as it can bluff the choice item, as there is no LO damage. Keldeo is also a good partner for Char Y, both taking out what the other can't handle.

Not very familiar with Keldeo. I'll give the kid a shot and see what happens!

Thanks for your help!

I would suggest taking Flare Blitz off of Charizard Y for EQ and Dragon Pulse for Roost.

I had Flare Blitz mostly for Blissey and other Special walls that mess with Charizard. But Earthquake would prove useful. He's pretty useless against Heatran right now.

Thanks for your assistance!

Is there a reason for you running an Impish Excadrill thats holding a Scarf and has no defense EVs? Its utterly pointless, since 10% off of base 60 is crap. Change it to Jolly.

Hotshot

Is there a reason for you running an Impish Excadrill thats holding a Scarf and has no defense EVs? Its utterly pointless, since 10% off of base 60 is crap. Change it to Jolly.

There is a reason.

That reason is that I forgot to change that when I switched Donphan for Excadrill.

Bahaha.

Mestorn

Wandering Battler
I think you mean Mold Breaker instead of Sturdy on Excadrill.

Xenevix

Some Guy
Stall Dusclops, huh? Sounds interesting. What does a stall Dusclops look like? I think I'll give him a shot and see how he works.

Dusclops can work in a few ways. Really you can EV pretty much anything in HP and defenses as long as it is a standard number. I think I used to run something like this to good affect.

356.png

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Nature: Calm / Bold
Evs: 252 HP 200 SpDef 56 Def / 252 HP 200 Def 56 SpDef
- Night Shade / Seismic Toss
- Curse / Toxic / Will-o-Wisp
- Pain Split / Rest
- Will-o-Wisp / Toxic

Curse is actually a great move because it screw over set up sweepers and baton pass teams as the curse sticks to people. Also you cant cure curse without switching unlike other statuses. Something to keep in mind is that although he has monster defenses, Dusclops has horrendous HP. Something that always brightened my day in a battle is when the opponent sends out Blissey/Chansey on Dusclops and then I'd Pain Split; basically, I got all my health while destroying theirs. Then you kinda just sit there if you want and status it if you want, and if it had Aromathrapy you could totally PP stall that move as Pressure makes five turn into three.

Another set I used to run looked like this, a Calm Mind variant which was way too funny when it worked. I'm giving this set just to be funny but it actually kinda worked every once in a while. I'd say like every 3/5 battles I could get 3-4 Calm Minds off.

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Nature: Bold
EVs: 200 HP 200 Def 108 SpAtk
Ability:pressure
- Calm Mind
- Pain Split / Rest
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam / Any other coverage move you want

Now that I think about it, this set may work a little better than usual due to the ghost type buff.

Anyway, the first set is totally serious but the second is if you want to use it just for lolz. My opponents would rage and say very interesting things when they got swept by a Dusclops.

EDIT:

I wanted to add something to this post as a review of your changes:

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Waterfall
- Superpower
- Aqua Jet

Although this Crawdaunt set was great, last gen, I disagree with using him on your team like this, this gen. If you're going to run something like this you should definitely run Azumarill in Crawdaunt's place. Reason being is that they do exactly the same thing, but Azumarill is much bulkier, has better stats all around and with Huge Power, and hits stupid hard. Not to mention that Play Rough basically makes anything evaporate that doesn't resist it. Azumarill's new Fairy typing allows for much better switch in capabilities, especially into Dragon types, which it destroys. The reason you would run a Crawdaunt with Dragon Dance, like you were, is the freedom to change moves while retaining power. Crawdaunt is not nearly bulky enough to take more than 2-3 hits before fainting, especially not since its weak to fighting. If you want to keep Crawdaunt go back to Dragon Dance, but if you want the Choice Banded Water type, pick Azumarill.

184.png

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 228 HP 252 Atk 28 Spd
Ability: Huge Power
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off / Super Power

Although you can run Superpower over Knock Off I don't recommend it as Knock is a fantastic move, especially this gen. This set beats out CB Crawdaunt any day, especially in terms of survivability. This set deals with the newly buffed Dark types much more effectively, wrecks Dragon types, and resists Fighting types while being able to wreck them. In my opinion, Azumarill is a much better choice overall for a choice banded Water type.

Last edited:

Minedreigon

A monument to all your sins
Dusclops can work in a few ways. Really you can EV pretty much anything in HP and defenses as long as it is a standard number. I think I used to run something like this to good affect.

356.png

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Nature: Calm / Bold
Evs: 252 HP 200 SpDef 56 Def / 252 HP 200 Def 56 SpDef
- Night Shade / Seismic Toss
- Curse / Toxic / Will-o-Wisp
- Pain Split / Rest
- Will-o-Wisp / Toxic

Curse is actually a great move because it screw over set up sweepers and baton pass teams as the curse sticks to people. Also you cant cure curse without switching unlike other statuses. Something to keep in mind is that although he has monster defenses, Dusclops has horrendous HP. Something that always brightened my day in a battle is when the opponent sends out Blissey/Chansey on Dusclops and then I'd Pain Split; basically, I got all my health while destroying theirs. Then you kinda just sit there if you want and status it if you want, and if it had Aromathrapy you could totally PP stall that move as Pressure makes five turn into three.

Another set I used to run looked like this, a Calm Mind variant which was way too funny when it worked. I'm giving this set just to be funny but it actually kinda worked every once in a while. I'd say like every 3/5 battles I could get 3-4 Calm Minds off.

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Nature: Bold
EVs: 200 HP 200 Def 108 SpAtk
Ability:pressure
- Calm Mind
- Pain Split / Rest
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam / Any other coverage move you want

Now that I think about it, this set may work a little better than usual due to the ghost type buff.

Anyway, the first set is totally serious but the second is if you want to use it just for lolz. My opponents would rage and say very interesting things when they got swept by a Dusclops.

EDIT:

I wanted to add something to this post as a review of your changes:

Although this Crawdaunt set was great, last gen, I disagree with using him on your team like this, this gen. If you're going to run something like this you should definitely run Azumarill in Crawdaunt's place. Reason being is that they do exactly the same thing, but Azumarill is much bulkier, has better stats all around and with Huge Power, and hits stupid hard. Not to mention that Play Rough basically makes anything evaporate that doesn't resist it. Azumarill's new Fairy typing allows for much better switch in capabilities, especially into Dragon types, which it destroys. The reason you would run a Crawdaunt with Dragon Dance, like you were, is the freedom to change moves while retaining power. Crawdaunt is not nearly bulky enough to take more than 2-3 hits before fainting, especially not since its weak to fighting. If you want to keep Crawdaunt go back to Dragon Dance, but if you want the Choice Banded Water type, pick Azumarill.

184.png

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 228 HP 252 Atk 28 Spd
Ability: Huge Power
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off / Super Power

Although you can run Superpower over Knock Off I don't recommend it as Knock is a fantastic move, especially this gen. This set beats out CB Crawdaunt any day, especially in terms of survivability. This set deals with the newly buffed Dark types much more effectively, wrecks Dragon types, and resists Fighting types while being able to wreck them. In my opinion, Azumarill is a much better choice overall for a choice banded Water type.

While this may seem like A good idea...
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 0- Def Abomasnow: 168-198 (43.7 - 51.5%) -- 10.9% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 0- Def Abomasnow: 239-282 (62.2 - 73.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

We can quite clearly see Crawdaunt is more powerful.

Tbh, in a situation like this, it's really up to the user of the team.