• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Heat Wave- A Sunny Day Team

Ninja Dog

Banned
Heat Wave

Team Building

373.gif

I started off this team with Salamence, Who is one of the best late game sweepers in the tier.

373.gif
038.gif

I then decided that I would make it into a sun team, as It increased the power of Mence's Fire Blast. Ninetales was the obvious choice being the only Drought pokemon(besides Groudon)

373.gif
038.gif
637.gif
003.gif

Next I needed some sweepers to take advantage of the sun, I went for a Morning Sun Volcarona and a Chlorophyll Venusaur.

373.gif
038.gif
637.gif
003.gif
232.gif

I realised the team had a massive weakness to stealth rocks, so Donphan was added as a wall, Spinner and to set up hazards of my own.

373.gif
038.gif
637.gif
003.gif
232.gif
479-c.gif

Finally Rotom-C was added to complete the team, as he is pretty much my only way of safely dealing with Politoed.

Now on to the Team

038.gif

Ninetales (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 144 HP / 252 SAtk / 112 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Sunny Day
- Fire Blast
- SolarBeam
- Will-O-Wisp
Pretty much a standard Ninetales set, Fire Blast for STAB and Solar Beam for Coverage, Sunny Day may seem odd but It can prove useful in winning the weather war, When I am up against a slower weather starter. Will-O-Wisp is for status and to stop Physical sweepers. Ninetales doesn't do much, but is needed because of the Sun.

373.gif

Salamence (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
Scarf MoxieMence, My favourite pokemon at the moment. She can deal damage to everything, with Dragon + Fire getting perfect coverage and EQ for Heatran. Usually I try to kill all the Steel types, before bringing out Mence to sweep through the rest of the team with Outrage. EVs are Simple.

637.gif

Volcarona (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 56 HP / 96 Def / 104 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Morning Sun

Volcarona, Can set up on any Special attack there is making it a great set up sweeper. Morning sun heals 75% of His health, which is why I chose it over a Hidden Power or Rest. The EVs look rather weird, but I put some in Def and HP so Volcarona could at least take some hits, speed is Maxed out and the Rest in SAtk.

003.gif

Venusaur (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 92 SAtk / 164 Spd
- Growth
- Seed Bomb
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Venusaur is my Sun Abuser of choice, I prefer I mixed set so you can beat both Gliscor and Chansey/Blissey. Enough Speed to outspeed Scarf Terrakion and Attack is Maxed out. The rest in SAtk.
Growth in the sun Gives +2 to both Atk and SAtk, and with Chlorophyll in effect All 3 Offensive stats are Over 500, Making Venusaur near unstoppable.

479-c.gif

Rotom-C @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Leaf Storm
- Trick
Rotom-C is really my only way to Deal with Toed and other Bulky Waters, Which is why I put him on the team. Leaf Storm deals a good amount to anything not Resisting it or Named Chansey/Blissey. Volt Switch for scouting as well as a STAB attack. Hidden Power Ice for Gliscor + Dragons. Trick is for Crippling walls with Choice scarf.

232.gif

Donphan (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Atk / 204 Def / 28 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Roar
Donphan is the much needed Spinner for the team. She also sets up Stealth rocks for my team. Earthquake is a powerful STAB attack, and Roar is chosen over Ice shard since I really needed a phazer. The EVs in Atk allow it to 2HKO Ninetales with a burn, and the ones in the Speed make it outspeed Standard Mix Ttar. The rest of the EVs are straight forward.

That concludes this team, and thanks for reading.

Here is the Importable if anyone wants to try it:
Ninetales (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 144 HP / 252 SAtk / 112 Spd
- Sunny Day
- Fire Blast
- SolarBeam
- Will-O-Wisp

Donphan (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Atk / 204 Def / 28 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Roar

Venusaur (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 92 SAtk / 164 Spd
- Growth
- Seed Bomb
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Volcarona (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 56 HP / 96 Def / 104 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Morning Sun

Rotom-C @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Leaf Storm
- Trick

Salamence (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

The team is currently at 1347 Ladder points on smogon.

Last edited:

Enjyu

Made In China.
Scarf moxie mence can be very useful, but most teams have a steel type. If you use outrage, your pretty much screwed if they send in steel.

I suggest dragon dance over outrage.

Yellow De Viridian Grove

Scarf moxie mence can be very useful, but most teams have a steel type. If you use outrage, your pretty much screwed if they send in steel.

I suggest dragon dance over outrage.

Which is why he has Fire Blast, Earthquake, and prediction... It is the price you pay for using outrage and no one says to replace Outrage on CBNite. It is fine here...
I'll try to rate this team later. It seems like a pretty good team so far.

Ninja Dog

Banned
PRetty much what Kale said, thats why I have Dragon Claw as well, and if I added Dragon Dance, I would have to get rid of the scarf which means I would no longer be able to Revenge kill other dragons.

Last edited:

Enjyu

Made In China.
PRetty much what Kale said, thats why I have Dragon Claw as well, and if I added Dragon Dance, I would have to get rid of the scarf which means I would no longer be able to Revenge kill other dragons.

Other people aren't just gonna sit there and let you kill their pokemon. They will send in a steel after you send in mence and use a move. If you aren't good at predicting, you'll use a dragon move. The opponent gets at least a turn to do whatever they like.

This is why you send in mence, scare off the opponent, and get a free dd.

But either way, it's still pretty good. It's just my opinion to switch mence.

Ninja Dog

Banned
I'll test it, but without the scarf Latios will be a real problem.

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
Other people aren't just gonna sit there and let you kill their pokemon. They will send in a steel after you send in mence and use a move. If you aren't good at predicting, you'll use a dragon move. The opponent gets at least a turn to do whatever they like.

This is why you send in mence, scare off the opponent, and get a free dd.

But either way, it's still pretty good. It's just my opinion to switch mence.

That's why you predict them sending in a steel, and kill it, leaving a clean sweep for next time .-.

Nice team, but I'm bad at sun so I can't really rate it. Only thing is I would test Ice Shard over Roar on Donphan again. I know you said you needed a phazer, but the only things you're really gonna need to phaze are dragons that have come in on Salamence's Fire Blast. You can kill all of them with Ice Shard anyway. I'm probably wrong however.

Last edited:

Ninja Dog

Banned
Ice shard sounds good, will test it out as well.

Jackalacking

Greed the Avaricious
Ice shard on Donphan is a must. Donphan is quite a destructive pokemon when played right and people can never tell whether he will be a fully supportive pokemon or a fully offensive.

SuicuneScale

Is that a cookie?
Mamoswine is a big threat to the team, as once donphan is gone, you have no safe switch in. I'd suggest that you scrap either volcarona or venusaur and put a skarmory/bronzong in its place.

NoteLobo

Banned
I second the Skyarmory opinion.

Ninja Dog

Banned
I don't really want to put Skarmory in over Venusaur, since then I would have a huge Heatran problem. If I put skarm instead of Volcarona, I would have 3 pokes weak to fire on a sun team, which isn't a good idea.

NoteLobo

Banned
Then just run heatran yourself. Fire immunity and steel resitances. Sub it for Venasaur.

Ninja Dog

Banned
eh, I guess I'll try it.

Edit: Ok, Thank you, Its working really well my Heatran, Using an offensive set. Will update in the morning too tired now.

Last edited: