• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Heat Wave

-Unicorno-

Think Magical!
For those of you living on the east coast-chicago, you have been dealing with a heat wave. It peaked over 100 in NYC and schools there were closed. If you live where it hit, how have you been dealing with it?

Vernikova

Champion
It peaked over 100 in NYC and schools there were closed.

Schools were closed because it's Brooklyn-Queens Day today; not because of the heat.

Anyway, I've stayed home all day, because school was closed today, in the air conditioned sanctuary known as my room.

Harmonie

♫ Ad vivere
Schools close when it gets hot over there?

Sorry, but that's laughable (aside from the cases where the air-conditioners are broken). Where I live when it gets that hot the most effect it has on schools is inside recess for elementary students.

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
I live in Rhode Island. It was supposed to be very very hot today, but thankfully we had a huge thunderstorm last night that brought the temperature down. Another one is coming through, so I think today will stay cool. Yesterday peaked at 95 though, very hot for us in early June.

Also, my house does not have AC, so I hate hot weather >.<

EDIT: Envy, a lot of schools around where I live don't have air conditioning. There are only 3 rooms with AC in my school - the piano room, the library, and one of the English teacher's rooms. The last one only has AC because the teacher couldn't take it anymore and bought a window unit for her room. So, unfortunately, if it gets over 100, it can get rediculously, even dangerously hot. Especially in the math wing over the heated pool.

Vernikova

Champion
Schools close when it gets hot over there?

They're pretty lucky. School was opened all day yesterday for me and really the only way to get out was to just cut most of your classes when it got too hot. Schools will rarely close in New York City unless it's some extreme weather or something like that. Blizzards and MTA strikes do not guarantee closings either. :(

Moltanic

OTTER MODE ACTIVATE!
This really sucks for you guys. Over here in So Cal. the weather is as mild as ever; we've been starting to get some of that June gloom lately.

Plat. Frontier

Epic Mustache
I hate where I live. For the first time since July of 2007 (or something like that), its been around 100 degrees around here. Add that to the fact that I walked a mile in the rain & heat, and only slept for four hours, I'm surprised I'm not pissed yet.

Maryland isn't suffering too bad a drought, but it's alot hotter then usual.
We've been getting alot of clouds, too. In fact, we almost had a Tornado here, and it's not common near the coast.

Sapphire_Pichu

I hate Ringo...
I live in a two bedroom trailer, and oh man... usually our livingroom is the coolest room. Nope, not yesterday, nor the day before that. It was the hottest room with the A/C on, and the ceiling fan on.

And if we leave the A/C on in my room, then it kicks a breaker... so I can't let it run for long periods of time.

Awful, awful heat.

I think I now pity all the people that live in FL. I have NO CLUE how they can stand the heat.

crystalzapdos

J.J. Swatt
It peaks over 100 here EVERY DAY in the summer. Yeah, its bad. Its 98.7 right now, its about to get there.

Moneyy

INACTIVE
Wow it is just as hot in Philly but some schools (including mine) remained open.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Heat wave? Is that where it went? East Coast been stealing our heat wave, who'd have thunk?

Pfft, that's nothing. We're OVERDUE for a heat wave, we're just below the normal by a couple of degrees, and trust me, Arizona isn't Arizona without a heat wave.

But hey, still sorry to hear that. Guess school isn't finished yet over there? I thought they already were.

Maryland isn't suffering too bad a drought, but it's alot hotter then usual.
We've been getting alot of clouds, too. In fact, we almost had a Tornado here, and it's not common near the coast.

I live in Maryland as well, but closer to the bay, and it's been much hotter than normal. I also can't remember the last time it rained. A lot of the rivers nearby are nearly dried up. I know they closed schools early today in some places due to the heat.
I've pretty much been staying inside...even with the AC on it's not much cooler, unfortunately.

I'm in NYC and I was really annoyed yesterday. I was sweaty for the entire day and this made me feel very uncomfortable. It was really hot and I drank copious amounts of water.

Paradoxe

not actually psychic
I'm in NYC and I was really annoyed yesterday. I was sweaty for the entire day and this made me feel very uncomfortable. It was really hot and I drank copious amounts of water.

LOLOMG ARE JOO SUURIOS?!?11?

It can get to be around maybe 100 here in NC and we'll go outside for 4 hours. Heat ain't nothin, but we freak at the sight of snow.