• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

HeatJelliThorn

SazandoraMASTER

♥ PSG ♥
485.png
593.png
598.png

The ultimate Fire-Water-Grass core imo (or is). These pokes don't mind any weather except Hail. Sandstorm? Two of them don't take damage. Rain? Two of them gain a benefit. Sun? Jelli doesn't really care and Heatran gets a boost. So I got these three in my team and the rest is other pokes that I, honestly, didn't try yet.

121.png
121.png

Starstorm (Starmie) @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Recover / Rapid Spin
My special sweeper.
Starmie is here so he can wreck incoming Rain Teams.
Hydro Pump gets STAB and does a s*it ton of damage under rain.
BoltBeam for coverage.
And I have no idea what to put in this slot. Recover to recover Sandstorm and LO damage or Rapid Spin to get rid of hazards and is really useful since this team depends on switches.

248.png
248.png

GuiTar (Tyranitar) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 64 SAtk / 192 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
Supporter and gets rid of other weathers.
SR, most important move in the game so Wynaut?
Crunch gets STAB.
Fire Blast for other Ferros.
Ice Beam for more coverage.

485.png
485.png

LFH-X5X (Heatran) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Overheat
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse
ScarfedTran: Great coverage and does a ton of damage on anything ('cept Blissey)/
Overheat to kill, like everything.
Flamethrower to play safe.
Earth Power for other Heatran.
Dragon move plus Fire move is good coverage so lasts pot is DPulse.

593.png
593.png

Potato (Jellicent) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover
- Taunt
Spinblocker and physical wall. Good job Jelli.
Scald gets STAB and wrecks Terrakions.
Toxic to get some residual damage going on.
Recover to continue stalling and survivability.
Taunt to cripple other walls that are slower. That's what the Spd EV's are for.

598.png
598.png

Smash (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Sassy (+SDef, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
You know what Ferro does.
Spikes over SR since TTar already has it.
Power Whip and Gyro Ball for STAB and does a good amount of damage on anything even with no Atk EV's.
Leech Seed for more recovery and damage.

639.png
639.png

**** Buster (Terrakion) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
Yup, never used a Terrakion before.
I wanted to put Life Orb on this thing to bluff the usual Scarf set since it doesn't notify the opponent I have an item. Should I change my item?
Anyways, double dancer ftw.
Close Combat and Stone Edge have great coverage and gets STAB.

So rate my team and all that good stuff :3​

SilentOmen

Shadow of Prophecy
Not sure Starmie is the best choice. Truth be told, unless you've been allowing hazard set-up (and your team has good offense), your team doesn't hold a strong hatred for opposing SR and each pokemon seems to have good coverage. You could even opt for a bulky poison to clear Toxic spikes on a switch (only real entry hazard I forsee being a problem) or a Disable lead Gengar. Though there are possibly holes I'm missing, I think you have a pretty solid team and you make your case about the trio very well. Bravo :)

EDIT: You have steel type and Air Balloon on Terrakion, so even Toxic spikes aren't very scary. Still, a Disable lead Gengar (or even offensive set) could be fun.

Last edited:

Soperman

The One and Only
Maybe Surf over Hydro Pump, for accuracy. I'd say Recover, so you can actually survive long enough to kill something. If you want RS, I'd suggest a different set probably. Up to you.
Curse on Ferro if you want it to be offensive.
I'm not sure Terrakion will survive long enough to fully set up more than Rock Polish...
BTW you have a big Electric and Fighting weakness. The two pokemon who resist Fighting can be destroyed by Choice Scarf Magnezone. Just be aware of that.

Xenevix

Some Guy
Maybe you could go with a Cosmic Power stall Starmie. But if its only purpose is to ruin incoming rain teams replace T-bolt with Thunder.

If you're gonna have swords Dance on Terrakion replace Close Combat with Sacred Sword. It doesn't lower defenses and ignores defense boosts in the opponent. Oh and keep the balloon. Your opponent has to then break the balloon first giving you a chance to set up with a move of your choice. And I suggest gicing it Jolly nature if you're not going to give it a Scarf.

On Ferrothorn switch Spikes for Stealth Rock so it doesn't have to take too long to do damage if you know what I mean. Spikes yu have to set up multiple layers, and Stealth Rock you only have to set one.

For Heatran replace Overheat for Flash Cannon. It's a good STAB and covers all the good rock types such as Aerodactyl and Golem etc.

Ok I can see you have a very big Fighting / dark weakness, that means stuff like Toxicroak and Scrafty, or SubDisable Gengar could destroy this team.
I'd do some changes in the movesets, first use a SpDefensive set for Heatran, 252 HP / 252 SpDef Lava Plume / Toxic / SR / Roar, it can take special hits very well and can Roar those annoying subs, mostly coming from Jirachi and Gengar. The revenge killing goes for Terrakion, w/ Choice Scarf and a Jolly nature, Close combat / eq / stone edge / x-scizor, it's one of the best revenge killers and his Close Combats are very powerful.
About Tyranitar, you could make him a SpDefensive set with 4 atks, maybe a PursuIt or Superpower over SR.
You could drop Jellicent's Toxic for Will-o-wisp, let's you burn immediatly a threat without that 30% chance of burn from Scald. Just a suggestion, tough.

Zachmac

Maybe you could go with a Cosmic Power stall Starmie. But if its only purpose is to ruin incoming rain teams replace T-bolt with Thunder.
I tested that before, it's pretty much useless.

If starmie is mostly there to counter rain, then it's pretty much useless, since your team doesn't struggle with it anyway. While replacing it, how about something not weak to either Dark/Ghost or Fighting? It doesn't have to resist both, but still...
I can see you have a very big Fighting / dark weakness, that means stuff like Toxicroak and Scrafty, or SubDisable Gengar could destroy this team.

Though it has a two things to resist it, it's very weak to fighting. You'll probably need a better check for that.