• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Heatran in Platinum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argon

Banned
Ar: What if it worked this way?: After beating the fourth gymleader, you get a message from Professor Rowan saying the Battle Tower has been destroyed by Heatran's eruption, and won't be fixed until a few days later. After you beat the Pokemon Champion, Professor Rowan tells you the Battle Tower could not be repaired, so it was demolished and replaced with the Battle Frontier...

Argon

Banned
Ar: What if it worked this way?: After beating the fourth gymleader, you get a message from Professor Rowan saying the Battle Tower has been destroyed by Heatran's eruption, and won't be fixed until a few days later. After you beat the Pokemon Champion, Professor Rowan tells you the Battle Tower could not be repaired, so it was demolished and replaced with the Battle Frontier...

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

Platinum is not a continuation of DP but a retelling of it. So this won't happen. Also, they won't mention anything about it until after you beat the Elite 4.

Why is it that everyone keeps making stupid stories about Heatran being involved in the new Battle Frontier. Since the Battle Frontier is only in the Fight Area, everything else on the island will stay the same except for possibly more events regarding Heatran. Thus, the Heatran plot will not involve the Battle Frontier. The amount of stupidity involving this matter is driving me crazy!

This is getting out of hand

heatran will not move in platinum, and the only thing that has changed on that island is that they have built a battle frontier around the battle tower, heatran is not affected and has not moved, how do i know? Because there is a map of that island on the japanese platinum website, and stark mountain is the same, ok?

Camby

< OH HAI!
This is getting out of hand

heatran will not move in platinum, and the only thing that has changed on that island is that they have built a battle frontier around the battle tower, heatran is not affected and has not moved, how do i know? Because there is a map of that island on the japanese platinum website, and stark mountain is the same, ok?

yeah I agree with you, there is no reason for him to move!

SharpedoX

Treinador Áureo
I think Heatran will play the same role as he played on Diamond/Pearl. The only part he played on the story was being the guardian of Stark Mountain. He was kept under control by the Magma Stone and when Buck removed the stone, the volcano was in danger of erupting, wasn't it? Correct me if I am wrong.

It would be cool if you could have some sort of mini-saga revolving around Heatran (a better one than the "teaming-up-with-Buck-to-steal-the-mountain's-treasure arc) and some explaining of Heatran's role but apparently it will have the same fate as Phione.

Relinquicide

For the people who are too stupid to remember or just plan forgot about Generation II... Mt. Silver ALREADY EXSISTS.. (yes it was called Silver Cave, but the mountain is Mt. Silver.)

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mt._Silver

So there is no way in hell they would rename it Mt. Silver. It'd be very unlikey they'd rename a location at all to be honest.

I think they should do what they did with Cinnabar, destroy the island with a volcanic eruption. Some things would be kept in tact since all that land is one island if I'm not mistaken. Then someone would send us into the volcano to see what happened, there, more areas are opened up as we travel around to find Heatran.

Its not a bad idea, but I think It might be too Clichéd to blow up the whole island again, unless the area of Stark Mountain were the Volcano is sinks down into like a big dark spiralling pit.., that could be cool.. (..but lol, a reverse explosion?, Implosion?)

Nyx

TornWorld Tour Guide
I bet it may carry a piece of the story with it like in the original diamond and pearl.
Im not all that concerned with heatrans' piece but more interested in the regis take of the game.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I think Heatran will play the same role as he played on Diamond/Pearl. The only part he played on the story was being the guardian of Stark Mountain. He was kept under control by the Magma Stone and when Buck removed the stone, the volcano was in danger of erupting, wasn't it? Correct me if I am wrong.

It would be cool if you could have some sort of mini-saga revolving around Heatran (a better one than the "teaming-up-with-Buck-to-steal-the-mountain's-treasure arc) and some explaining of Heatran's role but apparently it will have the same fate as Phione.

I agree. The Buck/ *insert Rival's name here* rivalry made the story for the Heatran arc very weak. There should be more Heatran, and less of Buck.

Empoleon01

Avada Kedavra!
I think heatran should have a more important role as hes my fave legendary I once even made my own game called pokemon jade with heatran as the star so heatran should be more important if giratina gets to be

Maybe Heatran hasn't moved at all?
Why cause there is a map, with Stark Mountain on it, IT HASN'T CHANGED!
Only that there is a Battle Frontier, doesn't mean things can change

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Maybe Heatran hasn't moved at all?
Why cause there is a map, with Stark Mountain on it, IT HASN'T CHANGED!
Only that there is a Battle Frontier, doesn't mean things can change

I agree with you on that much, but what are your thoughts on an improved storyline for Heatran?

That Heatran could be angered at a Sinnoh Battle Frontier appearing on the Island, and destroying many pokemon's habitats, and then could go on a rampage, and you have to calm it down, but then it could turn out it was angered by Buck who stole the Magma Stone.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
That Heatran could be angered at a Sinnoh Battle Frontier appearing on the Island, and destroying many pokemon's habitats, and then could go on a rampage, and you have to calm it down, but then it could turn out it was angered by Buck who stole the Magma Stone.

Ooh! That's good! But how would they do that?

Crasher

I think because the climate is getting colder Heatran gets furious (Being a fire type and all) and goes on a rampage and to calm it down you have to beat/capture it.

Or, the climate gets so cold he dies :D.

Flamer

I reckon nothing will happen to it. I don't think Stark Mountain will be removed becuase of Battle Frontier, so there won't be any need to move Heatran. I also don't see how they'd put him into the main storyline. I do hope that he gets some sort of post elite 4 story though, cause at the moment he's just sitting there being pointless.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I reckon nothing will happen to it. I don't think Stark Mountain will be removed becuase of Battle Frontier, so there won't be any need to move Heatran. I also don't see how they'd put him into the main storyline. I do hope that he gets some sort of post elite 4 story though, cause at the moment he's just sitting there being pointless.

Heatran does have a small back story, but it gets overshadowed the ever stupid Buck/*insert Rival's name here* rivalry. They do so much of that, it's annoying.

I don't think they're going to scrap the northern island, I think they'll just expand the facilities and make it bigger.

That's probably what will happen, but heatran activates some event that warms up Sinnoh and gets rid of the snow, thus actually having a role other than being pure awesomness.

Status
Not open for further replies.