• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Heatran in Platinum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

m190049

Local psychopath
Hang on, if the map r the same, does that mean that the game will make it look exactly the same? No, because of the Frontier, so it should be somewhat different, regardless of what the sugimori art of the whole of sinnoh looks like....

Actually...yes. It does. Look at this. That was the map of Hoenn released with R/S.
Now, when Emerald came out...
They re-made the map so to compensate for the changes they made (that sample is kinda small, but look. You can see the battle frontier and everything.)

Now, look, compare the New and Old Sinnoh Map:
[Old, D/P Map]
[New, Platinum Map] (It's a bit blurry, but I scaled it so it's the same size as the old one...)
-Look a bit to the top-left of the cloud over Twinleaf town. You can see snow on the trees. There's a bit of snow in Twinleaf town now, correct? So they changed the map to make it more snowy.
-Look at the Team Galactic Base in Veilstone. It looks different, right? Well the Galactic HQ is different in Platinum, so they changed the map accordingly.
-And than there's the obvious one, the giant portal above the Spear Pillar, which is the entrance to the Torn World. They changed the map to add that.

Well, as you see, they always edit the map to accommodate new changes in the 3rd game.
Although (the outside of) Stark Mountain appears completely unchanged in the New Map.

However, Stark Mountain IS a volcano. Who says it can't look a bit different inside of it? It's also possible the mini-storyline in Stark Mountain is different. However, in the looks and positioning department... It's completely the same.

Faerie

MONS
I'm sure that there will be changes in the Heatran storyline in Platinum. I can't say what they are for sure, but I'd love to see a change in the last event.

In DP, when you followed Buck back to Stark Mountain where he was going to put the Magma Stone back, he wasn't there, and neither was the Magma Stone. But Heatran was. I'd like to see them actually resolve that plot, and make some sort of final event where Buck is there and you have to calm Heatran down by catching it. Besides, the games need more Buck.

Last edited:
I dont need buck in my game Heatran will have the same role to be my powerhouse

m190049

Local psychopath
I'm sure that there will be changes in the Heatran storyline in Platinum. I can't say what they are for sure, but I'd love to see a change in the last event.

In DP, when you followed Buck back to Stark Mountain where he was going to put the Magma Stone back, he wasn't there, and neither was the Magma Stone. But Heatran was. I'd like to see them actually resolve that plot, and make some sort of final event where Buck is there and you have to calm Heatran down by catching it. Besides, the games need more Buck.

I'm pretty sure taking away the magma stone is what was going to make the volcano erupt (or something). The fact that the volcano didn't explode and the rumbling stopped implies that it was put back at one point or another.

Horoika1

<--Next Pokémon Hunt
Maybe it'll be a plot device, and you have to catch Heatran. Afterwards, you have full access to the Battle Island?

m190049

Local psychopath
Maybe it'll be a plot device, and you have to catch Heatran. Afterwards, you have full access to the Battle Island?

I actually thought the Magma Stone may appear too...
In the coding, there is a sprite for the Magma Stone. However you can't obtain it... I thought maybe you (temporarily most likely) get it.

Ah, here's the quote...
*Only read the first page btw*

I think they are going to do something with Heatran. You know than unobtainable item, the Magma Stone? Maybe the item will be obtainable in Platinum, or something, and it'll have something to do with Heatran. In diamond and pearl, buck steals it, you go talk to him, than he just magically puts it back. Maybe you receive it instead.
'Tis an idea...
I actually thought this idea up before Platinum was announced actually...

Now, or the Battle Frontier thing...
In Ruby and Sapphire, there is an island that has the battle tower on it. Not much else... In it's 3rd game, Emerald, they replaced it with the battle frontier, which took place on the same island, which seems to be an expansion. It has the battle tower on it still, AND more stuff.
In Diamond and Pearl, there is an island that has the battle tower on it. Other than the routes, theres not much else... In it's 3rd game, Platinum theres going to be a Battle Frontier. Who wants to guess where it goes? =D

That would be a good way to unlock the battle frontier. Going to Stark mountin

m190049

Local psychopath
That would be a good way to unlock the battle frontier. Going to Stark Mountain.

In D/P, the first place you get to in Battle Island is the Fight Area. And Since the Battle Frontier is where the Fight Area was, you probably start either in or directly outside the entrance to the Battle Frontier.

Arceus1308

Megafan of Pokemon
Maybe Battle Frontier in the middle of 3 zones?(Middle of the lake)and Stark mountain just same

m190049

Local psychopath
Maybe Battle Frontier in the middle of 3 zones?(Middle of the lake)and Stark mountain just same
Can you read the post only 9 posts above you? :/

Stark Mountain IS the same.

The Battle Frontier is where the Fight Area was previously, and a bit of the route above it.

m190049

Local psychopath
sounds like a plan to me. i wonder if thats how they`ll work it though..
You start on the island at the Fight area (Now the Battle Frontier).
Stark mountain is on the other side of the island...

How would battling Heatran gain you access to the rest of the island?

It wouldn't work.

Stop this madness!

You start on the island at the Fight area (Now the Battle Frontier).
Stark mountain is on the other side of the island...

How would battling Heatran gain you access to the rest of the island?

It wouldn't work.

Exactly Heatran IS IN THE SAME LOCATION and hasn't moved.

Harkett

whatisthisidonteven
Insidious_Dreamer said:
Hang on, if the map is the same, does that mean that the game will make it look exactly the same? No, because of the Frontier, so it should be somewhat different, regardless of what the Sugimori art of the whole area of Sinnoh looks like....
Yes it does, actually.

Deltapiplupx said:
I dont need buck in my game Heatran will have the same role to be my powerhouse
You have no idea how many times I’ve had the urge to quote your various posts in my sig.

m190049 said:
.... And the point of quoting my post and reiterating the exact same thing I said is...? What, +1 Postcount? :/

You’ve been having quite the field day with post counts yourself tonight, haven’t you?

Chansey hunter

Expert Photoshopist
To address the Buck-never-appearing-again-after-he-goes-to-take-the-magma-stone-back-and-finding-heatran-where-the-magma-stone-was:
The story goes like this:
*Buck goes to take the magma stone back
*He arrives at the entrance to the inner chamber
*He walks in
*Heatran falls from the ceiling and goes GRORWOUEWOUESdSDE or whatever the sound it makes was at him
*Heatran eats Buck, magma stone and all
*Player walks in
*Player battles heatran
*Heatran is defeated/captured

The end.

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
I doubt there will be any change as far as Heatran is concerned. There have been so many other changes, I don't think the game designers focused too much on it.

golduck#1

yeah a change would be better. i thought stark mountain was annoying until i found a shiny machoke. but still it is annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.