• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Heatran in Platinum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SecretSquirrel

I have information about Stark Mountain

Pluto calls the girls arrogant rookies, and gloats about finally gaining control of Team Galactic. He says that money is their first priority, so he and the two grunts head deeper into the cave to look for the Magma Stone.
After you defeat Jupiter, Mars decides that she's going to go after Cyrus, even if he is in the Torn World. She says a sarcastic goodbye to Jupiter and quits Team Galactic! Jupiter grumbles that she hates to agree with Mars on anything, but a Team Galactic without Cyrus is too boring. She quits too, telling Pluto he can do as he wishes with the Team.
When you step inside the Stark Mountain cave, the two grunts, Mars, Pluto, and Jupiter are all waiting for you. You're immediately cornered by Mars, who demands to know where Cyrus is. She doesn't believe you when you tell her about the events inside the Torn World, and decides to beat the truth out of you. Her Pokemon this time around are a Level 58 Bronzong, Level 58 Golbat, and Level 60 Purugly. (Still no Crobat?!?! I guess it's hard to max Golbat's Tameness stat when I keep beating it up!) After being defeated, Mars wonders how she could lose when fighting for Cyrus' sake. Jupiter says that Mars is a weakling, and she's ashamed to be on the same Team as her. Jupiter attacks you next, with a Level 58 Bronzong, Level 60 Skuntank, and Level 58 Golbat.
Stark Mountain is now an active volcano, complete with pools of lava and billowing steam. It's worth noting that all of the rocks in Fight, Survival, and Resort Area look like lava rocks, as opposed to the generic rocks that appear elsewhere in the game.
TEAM GALACTIC IS AT STARK MOUNTAIN!!!! As you approach the cave entrance, you overhear two grunts discussing the future of the Team. Pluto has taken over in the wake of Cyrus' disappearance, but the grunts aren't sure if he can replace their old leader.
On the way to Stark Mountain, you run into your rival, who's training with Crasher Wake. The rival says that he needs to get stronger so he can challenge the Battle Brains. Wake warns you about the strong Pokemon inside Stark Mountain, then the pair heads back to the Survival Area.

I just hope this helps.

I know you quoted it, but you have to give credit where credit is due, you quoted that from Pokebeach.com, you should make note of that!

IcyKerpymon

Lan challenges you!
Divine beat me but I'll do this anyway.

When entering Mt. Stark, Team Galactic appears, they ask about Cyrus, Mars and Jupiter battle you, they quit Team Galactic after losing. Pluto goes inside. He takes Heathran's rock. Handsome appears, arrests him. Buck puts the stone back to its place. You meet Buck at the Gym Leader cafe and then, Heathran appears in Mt. Stark at lvl. 50

Pkmn Breeder Jack

Static owns you.
I'm glad Heatran gets his own little piece of the story. Glad to seem some the story continue a bit after the E4.

Oh, and his new sprite is awesome. XD

SharpedoX

Treinador Áureo
Cool, never thought that Team Galactic would appear in Stark Mountain. At least the Heatran part is more interesting than the one in D/P.

Also, it's off-topic, but where's Cyrus?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Cool, never thought that Team Galactic would appear in Stark Mountain. At least the Heatran part is more interesting than the one in D/P.

Also, it's off-topic, but where's Cyrus?

I don't exactly remember where I heard this, but I think Cyrus is trapped in the Torn World.

Anyway, I'm glad they changed the Stark Mountain plot. The one in DP was extremely boring. It was just about the Buck/*insert Rival's name here* rivalry and Heatran just.... showed up after Buck returned the Magma Stone. But I'm still a little disappointed that Heatran still has no active role in the plot. Why does everyone think some insignificant rock is more valuable than a pwnsome legendary that has power over fire and magma. Oh well! Their loss is our gain!

Aptenodytes

Heatran still lacks a significant role in the game, but I'm perfectly okay with it. Why? Because his sprite is so darn awesome ;D.

I'm excited to go into Stark Mountain when I get Platinum, but more so for the storyline than for Heatran. I think the plot would've been much better if it revolved around Heatran though.

Shinin

Minimalist
Aptenodytes said:
I think the plot would've been much better if it revolved around Heatran though.

How? Heatran's just a giant thing that lives in a volcano, Giratina is a dimension-warping ghost creature.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
^that can fly btw and heatran is nice but shouldn't he appear right after you take the stone? not after someone returns it then leaves you to go up there 10 minutes later.

Aptenodytes

How? Heatran's just a giant thing that lives in a volcano, Giratina is a dimension-warping ghost creature.
I don't mean the plot of the entire game, but the plot of Stark Mountain. They should have Heatran be more invovled, rather than just magically appearing there once Team Galactic leaves. Although, Cresselia and Regigigas have similar small roles as legendaries, so I guess it really isn't that big of a deal.

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
Just one question, was my theory about the climate of sinnoh being colder being natural and not influenced by any human or pokemon and that is why the platinum people are wearing thicker clothes correct?

sarahd77

An IRL Joltik
Mmm...if it were up to me, this is how it would be...

After much debate, the Battle Frontier guy decides to build over the whole island, leaving only the volcano. But long after it was built(this is where you come in) an angry heatran starts the volcano up. The whole island shakes and lava pours out of the volcano. You have to, then, go in the volcano and confront heatran, and either catch it or faint it, and everything is back to normal.

It sounds like something Nintendo would make up, doesn't it? =P

Pokelight_Admin

Nintendo will probably think some outrageous event involving the antagnoists (Team Galactic), the Platinum Battle Frontier, and the protagonist and you'll have to rescue Sinnou from a catastrophie.

sarahd77

An IRL Joltik
Nintendo will probably think some outrageous event involving the antagnoists (Team Galactic), the Platinum Battle Frontier, and the protagonist and you'll have to rescue Sinnou from a catastrophie.

-high fives-

Exactly what I was thinking. =3

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
I don't exactly remember where I heard this, but I think Cyrus is trapped in the Torn World.

Anyway, I'm glad they changed the Stark Mountain plot. The one in DP was extremely boring. It was just about the Buck/*insert Rival's name here* rivalry and Heatran just.... showed up after Buck returned the Magma Stone. But I'm still a little disappointed that Heatran still has no active role in the plot. Why does everyone think some insignificant rock is more valuable than a pwnsome legendary that has power over fire and magma. Oh well! Their loss is our gain!

Well, actually, in the game it was legended that "Whosoever possesses this stone is the master out of all trainers"... Ya.

m190049

Local psychopath
^jail break? but where are they going to store all the people they just arrested? perhaps Pluto was trying to help out the SHinnoh regeon by making heatran erupt the volcano thus warming up the place
PokeBeach said:
When you catch up to Pluto, he's already grabbed the Magma Stone. He laughs at you, saying you're too late, that Heatran will now awaken, granting him the power to make the volcano erupt. He's going to use the destructive power of the volcano to extort money from the people of Sinnoh. Just as he says this, a Croagunk appears from out of nowhere and snatches the Magma Stone away from him! A nearby rock throws off its disguise, revealing Handsome. Since all of the other Galactic commanders are out of the picture, Handsome has shifted his investigation to Pluto. The two Galactic grunts panic at the sight of the international police officer and run away, leaving Pluto to helplessly deny his involvement with Team Galactic. The Sinnoh police arrest Pluto, and you leave the cave with Handsome and Buck. Handsome thanks you for all your help, but expresses concern about Heatran. He says that according to legend, if the Magma Stone is moved, Heatran will awaken and the volcano will erupt. Buck says not to worry, and takes the stone from Handsome to return it to its rightful place. While Buck is gone, Handsome explains that after parting ways at Mt. Coronet, he went back to the Galactic Base and learned about Pluto's scheme. That's how he knew to stakeout Stark Mountain. Handsome hopes that Pluto's arrest will be the end of Team Galactic, and the end of his mission. Buck returns, saying that the stone is back in place and Heatran doesn't appear to have woken up. He leaves, inviting you to visit him in the Survival Area, then Handsome says farewell, leaving you alone at the entrance to Stark Mountain.

See above quote.

Status
Not open for further replies.