1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Helix Fossil or Dome Fossil?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation I & II Discussion' started by RedBlastoise, Sep 16, 2019.

1. RedBlastoise

RedBlastoise Well-Known Member

Which of the these two Kanto Fossils did you usually end up picking at Mt. Moon? The Helix Fossil or the Dome Fossil? Did you use either Fossil Pokemon on your Generation 1 teams?

I always picked the Dome Fossil because I just liked Kabutops alot more than Omastar and I used Kabutops on my Blue version team.

Fushiki and jakepikachuu like this.
  2. TokoyamiTheDark

TokoyamiTheDark The Purple Karakasa

I have no preference, so in one version I pick up Helix and in the other one I pick up Dome. Just to complete my Dex, nothing too special here :)

Leonhart and MockingJ like this.
  3. Leonhart

Leonhart Banned

I usually selected the Shellfish (Helix) Fossil when given the choice between the two. I just liked Omnite (Omanyte) more than Kabuto since Kabuto looked too flat to me, and Kabutops looked too much like a brown version of Strike (Scyther). But I never used either of those two Fossil Pokemon lines on my teams back in Gen I, although I did use Ptera (Aerodactyl) in Red version.

4. MockingJ

MockingJ Banned

Dome fossil for me. I like Kabutops and I think that Omastar is too defensive compared to it. I think that Kanto still has my favorite set of fossil Pokemon out of the whole franchise.

Leonhart likes this.
  5. Leonhart

Leonhart Banned

I feel the same way, although perhaps that's just my nostalgic side talking. But for some reason I liked all the Kanto Fossil Pokemon to some extent. Even Kabuto [whom I was critical of before] had one of the best episodes of the OS series of the anime at least, so there's that.

jakepikachuu likes this.
  6. wolf jani

wolf jani Nobutasu

Dome. Because Kabuto & Kabutops look cool

jakepikachuu and Leonhart like this.
  7. LusoTrainer

LusoTrainer Retro Trainer

Helix. I always liked Omanyte, and coincidentally, as a kid the first fossil I found was an ammonite fossil.

Leonhart and wolf jani like this.
  8. Dicklaycia

Dicklaycia Objectively Better Than You

Helix Fossil. I prefer Omanyte to Kabuto, and I felt like it had a cooler-sounding name when I was younger.

jakepikachuu and wolf jani like this.
  9. c1234

c1234 Trainer Since '98

I always picked the Helix fossil, my best friend always picked the Dome fossil. We would make trades in order to complete our respective Pokedexes.

jakepikachuu likes this.
  10. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

I like both of them, but I'll go with the Helix one, as I like Omastar's design better, and it gets Shell Smash.

RedBlastoise likes this.
  11. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

Helix Fossil all the way. Not for the memes, but I've always perferred Omanyte and Omastar over Kabuto and Kabutops. Also, unlike Kabuto it can take advantage of Water moves before the physical/special split

12. Cat's Eye Draco

Cat's Eye Draco Well-Known Member

I usually just pick one at random since I rarely have any plans to use them. (I like both Omastar and Kabutops, but there are lots of other water and/or rock types that I'd rather use.) Aerodactyl's the only Kanto fossil that I ever really bother with.

RedBlastoise likes this.
  13. RedR

RedR Well-Known Member

14. Fushiki

Fushiki Golden Orchid

Dome Fossil for me as well. I like a lot the rocky yet at the same time sleek looking Kabutops' characteristics.

RedBlastoise likes this.