• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Helix Fossil or Dome Fossil?

RedBlastoise

Cerulean Blues
Which of the these two Kanto Fossils did you usually end up picking at Mt. Moon? The Helix Fossil or the Dome Fossil? Did you use either Fossil Pokemon on your Generation 1 teams?

I always picked the Dome Fossil because I just liked Kabutops alot more than Omastar and I used Kabutops on my Blue version team.

TokoyamiTheDark

The Purple Karakasa
I have no preference, so in one version I pick up Helix and in the other one I pick up Dome. Just to complete my Dex, nothing too special here :)

Leonhart

Imagineer
I usually selected the Shellfish (Helix) Fossil when given the choice between the two. I just liked Omnite (Omanyte) more than Kabuto since Kabuto looked too flat to me, and Kabutops looked too much like a brown version of Strike (Scyther). But I never used either of those two Fossil Pokemon lines on my teams back in Gen I, although I did use Ptera (Aerodactyl) in Red version.

MockingJ

Banned
Dome fossil for me. I like Kabutops and I think that Omastar is too defensive compared to it. I think that Kanto still has my favorite set of fossil Pokemon out of the whole franchise.

Leonhart

Imagineer
MockingJ said:
I think that Kanto still has my favorite set of fossil Pokemon out of the whole franchise.

I feel the same way, although perhaps that's just my nostalgic side talking. But for some reason I liked all the Kanto Fossil Pokemon to some extent. Even Kabuto [whom I was critical of before] had one of the best episodes of the OS series of the anime at least, so there's that.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Helix Fossil all the way. Not for the memes, but I've always perferred Omanyte and Omastar over Kabuto and Kabutops. Also, unlike Kabuto it can take advantage of Water moves before the physical/special split

Leonhart

Imagineer
raichu27 said:
Dome, because of Kabuto. I like its design more.

I remember disliking its design at first when I played Red version because if I remember right, its sprite in that game only showed Kabuto's armor from the top and two sickles sticking out, which made it resemble a cockroach in a way. It wasn't until I saw its official artwork that I began liking Kabuto more, because it looked far less creepy.