• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hello again. <3

Hello everyone, I really don't think many people will remember me since I haven't posted in awhile, but I thought I'd make a returning thread. My name's Rubi aka Hollyn. I'm 19 years old and I've been a hardcore Pokemon fan ever since I was 7 years old. I had been interested in it since I was 6, but what really sparked up my interest was watching Pokemon the First Movie and winning a Pokemon coloring contest on my 7th birthday on an Alaskan cruise ship! Ever since then everyone has known me for being in love with Pokemon. (Note: Plushie photo is outdated, that was from 6 years ago.)

The time period I posted the most on Serebii was when Diamond and Pearl just came out in Japan, because Pokemon Pearl was the first game I ever imported from Japan. Back then I could not read any Japanese, but after taking 6 semesters (as of next month) of Japanese in college, I can read and understand the games very well! I won't be importing X/Y though, as it is a worldwide release and importing a Japanese 3DS as well isn't within my budget at the moment. So I feel slightly saddened that it is region locked, as I can read them now. But Serebii holds many importing memories for me (also shipping memories! Contestshipping and Ikarishipping!) and without this site I would of never thought of importing them. So thank you. <3

I hope I get to meet new and old friends on here. In the past, I made many great Poke friends on this site and hope to make many more. I wish to have many memories of playing X/Y with Serebii members just like when D/P were released.

:172bros:​

RoySceptile

Bakaner
Welcome back to the forums.
We never met, but it's always nice to meet new people.

Thanks everyone. ^^ <3

Glad to see im not the only one with fond serebii memories back when D/P were brand new : ) Not bad plushie collection! Have you gotten any more plushies in the six years? Glad you're back and I do hope you enjoy your time with the community! Now dust off your pokéballs and get cracking!
My plushie collection has indeed increased since all those years ago! However, I haven't gotten around to taking an updated picture as of yet. Maybe after I do some spring cleaning I will. The only bummer is I don't have many Poke Dolls anymore since the US Pokemon Center Online store shut down. Now I only get those if my dad travels to Japan. I do import some of the UFO plushies, however, I haven't as of lately. :<

Poképro1992

Pokémon Pro
Thanks everyone. ^^ <3

My plushie collection has indeed increased since all those years ago! However, I haven't gotten around to taking an updated picture as of yet. Maybe after I do some spring cleaning I will. The only bummer is I don't have many Poke Dolls anymore since the US Pokemon Center Online store shut down. Now I only get those if my dad travels to Japan. I do import some of the UFO plushies, however, I haven't as of lately. :<
At least you have a pokemon centre! Where I am we dont have one :( Though I am fortunate my mum had good connections where she worked so I kept getting free pokemon centre Japan merch from everyone when I was very young :) Plus i've made my own occasoinal visits to the ones in Tokyo and Osaka! So what would you say is your favourite plushie? You gota have a special favourite at least : D

Last edited:

Iron_Evan

Inexperienced Poster
Wow, so it's been a bit since you really cracked down on here, huh. Anyways, welcome back! I'm new-new here. I'm always jealous of the people that learned Japanese only to play the games that were released in Japan first, that's some real dedication. That's really cool.