• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

'Hello' from a Newbi

Semreth

Hello, everyone. My name is James, a university student doing a BA in English.

I’m a fan of the Pokémon games, and I enjoy the anima as well. Currently I own LeafGreen and Diamond, with FireRed and Sapphire on their way. I’m hoping to acquire the rest of the 3rd Gen games (which is now quite difficult) and the 4th Gen games soon.

I joined this forum because as an aspiring author, I’m planning on writing some OT Fanfiction as a means of improving my craft, as well as creating my own Pokémon adventure.

Hit me with any questions, comments etc that you may have.

Thanks for your time.

Semreth

Thank you for the greeting, Yellow Aura.

My fic is going to be what I’ve always called an original trainer story, but here I believe it’s called a journey fic?

Anyways, it will be about my two characters, Gabriella (LeafGreen) and Raphael (FireRed), and their journey through the Kanto league. The story will be mainly based on the events of those two games, with Gabriella being the protagonist, Raphael being an ‘anti-hero’ of sorts and a third character, Barnaby, filling the role of overall rival – Gabriella and Raphael will, for the most part, not be travelling together.

Plot overview is a little sketchy as the story is still in the early planning phase.

At the moment it is being planned under the working title of ‘Master Quest’ as that is my favourite of the anima theme songs. However, it will not be posted under that title but probably some variation of it.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to SPPF James.