• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hello Pumello! (113)

schrik

hysterical fan
How can the never-trained tauros be nearly better than the suposed-to-be-one-of-the-best-trained-pokemon?

By the way, why does all Ash's pokemon seems unbeatable?

firework

good ep overall, nice battle
great climax for the orange series, very excit
5/5

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I thought this was a great battle, i think he would have won a little faster if he'd used another pokemon instead of Tauros, because it's never been properly trained.

Dragonite and Pikachu was a great match.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Mmm, that Drake guy... pretty good-looking regional champion. In keeping up with tradition, this is good ^^

Man, I loved Drake's Ditto. What a Pokémon to open a match with, and it was so fun to see it battle against Ash's Pikachu. Plus, it was awesome to see Lapras actually do battle ^^ A decent opening episode all in all.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Pikachu was amazing, as usual.

and Squirtle also, of course.

Gengar's moves was pretty strong.6/10

popcorn dragon

Its nice how much they honor Dragonite in this episode.=) Ditto should be able to have pikachu's voice, but then we wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Yay!! Finally, Ash in a full 6 on 6 battle, and against a strong opponent; the Orange Crew Leader.

I thought this and the next episode are the best in the anime. First round, Pikachu's speed really impressed me. Ditto didn't stand a chance. Second round, Squirtle did well against Onix, even using Hydro Pump.

I was shocked to see Lapras versus Gengar. It ended in a cliffhanger. 10/10

Afan

I really liked this episode because it showed Ash in a full pokemon Battle.
The whole experience was very exiting to watch.
Great episode

Vernikova

Champion
I really like this battle. It's always nice to see a 6-on-6 battle in the animé since those don't come along too often and this was one that i think was pulled off pretty well.

G50

No longer posting
This was an awesome 1st half battle! Tied for my #1 favorite 2nd season episodes. Very cool cliffhanger at the end unlike in other cliffhanging episodes. I liked how Pikachu beat Ditto because it had far more stamina. The way Squirtle went from Withdraw to Hydro Pump was awesome!

98/100

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I love these episodes for one reason. DRAGONITE!!!

CliveKoopa

There are a few things I found odd about this episode. Firstly, Ash and co. are shown the Hall of Fame, which honours winners of the Orange League but then shortly afterwards, the official says that no-one has ever beaten Drake. So if no-one has ever beaten him, why are there winners' statues at the Hall of Fame?

Also, how was the official able to tell that Ash was from Pallet Town just by looking at his badges?

There are a few things I found odd about this episode. Firstly, Ash and co. are shown the Hall of Fame, which honours winners of the Orange League but then shortly afterwards, the official says that no-one has ever beaten Drake. So if no-one has ever beaten him, why are there winners' statues at the Hall of Fame?

Also, how was the official able to tell that Ash was from Pallet Town just by looking at his badges?

The Hall of Fame honors people victorious in the Orange League "forever". It is assumed that the people in the Hall of Fame had beaten Drake's predecessors rather than him. He seems pretty young to have been the Gym Leader for too long of a time.

When the official scans Ash's badges, photographs of Ash and his badges appear on a computer monitor. There is text underneath the presumably told him Ash's hometown.

CliveKoopa

But Ash's pokedex is his ID, not the badges. Badges are just badges. There is no mention whatsoever of the gym leaders tapping into the badges like a computer and adding Ash's details.

Blessed

The first 6 vs. 6 battle in the anime, and the start of a perfect battle. An awesome first battle!

Last edited:
The first 6 vs. 6 battle in the anime, and the start of a perfect battle. The second episode with this battle was more entertaining, but this was also awesome! When I saw this for the first time, I was so excited to see the second part! 10/10!