• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hello TCG noob here! :)

Why hello my fellow Pokemon TCG players I have recently decided to get into the amazing world of the Pokemon TCG, and was wondering if someone could help me out with some tips on what packs/Tins or anything a novice would need to start out with this TCG, also any one know a place that can teach me the rules an basics would be very much appreciated thx :)

Dark-Paladin-Duelist

The main things you should be looking for as a beginner to the game would be a Trainer Kit. You may find some difficulty finding the HS one, but its been out for some time and the contents in it are quite cool. In terms of card values, there's some staple trainers in them that combined, are worth more than what you'll pay generally for the HS Trainer Kit itself. These are Pokemon Communication and Pokemon Collector.

We're waiting on the release of the BW Kit, which has been put back til after the World Championships, and we're not sure the full reasoning for the delay. I imagine its because there's new cards in there that TPCi didn't want legal for Worlds, but we won't know til we see the setlist. If its anything like the HS Kit, then it will be worth your money.

If you don't have a lot of friends that play, I suggest you just buy a one of those tin boxes with cards inside. They're premade and you don't have to spend all that time searching for cards. I got one and swept my sister's decks many times. If you're gonna enter a Championship or something in the future, the premade decks won't be the best choice lol

DarkCharizard2

Vae Victis
If you really want to compete right away, I would reccomend buying a theme deck box. They come pre-constructed and with plenty of powerful pokemon and energies. If you want to make a custom deck, you should still buy a theme deck box (for the energies and trainers, because booster packs rarley come with those). Then you would want to start buying booster packs because they come with random cards in them. If you really want a certain card, you might need to buy it sepratley online. (Like me and Quilava).