• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hell's Kitchen (U.S.) - Season 8 =]

Shadow XD001

This is discussion for the US Version of Hell's Kitchen!!
Hell's Kitchen - Season 8

It has been confirmed that the next season of Hell's Kitchen, season 8, will be premiering on Fox (as usual) on 8 PM (Eastern Time), on September 22nd, 2010 and will be a two-hour premiere episode, so that means that there will be two chefs evicted in one night! Obviously, Chef Gordon Ramsay is still the host, and there's 16 new aspiring chefs (8 boys/8 girls) all competing for the same goal: Head Chef at at the LA LIVE restaurant at the JW Marriot Hotel in Los Angeles, as well as have an opportunity to be a spokesperson for Rosemount Estate Wines.

Now, without further ado, I present to you, the Red/Blue teams, as well as the chefs on each one:

Blue Team

Boris Poleschuk - Eliminated Week 7 (Post-Dinner)
Lewis "Curtis" Curtis - Eliminated Week 2 (Post-Dinner)
Louis Repucci - Eliminated Week 4 (Post-Dinner)
Melissa Doney - Eliminated Week 6 (Post-Dinner)
Raj Brandston - Eliminated Week 3 (Post-Dinner)
Rob McCue
Russel Kook II
Vinny Acardi Jr.

Red Team
Antonia Borgeman - Eliminated Week 1 (Prep)
Emily Kutchins - Eliminated Week 5 (Post-Dinner)
Gail Novenario
Jillian Flathers
Lisa LaFranca - Eliminated Week 1 (Post-Dinner)
Nona Silvey
Sabrina Brimhall
Trev McGrath

*Names will be crossed off, once each person is evicted.

Total Chefs Remaining: 9/16

DISCUSS

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
What, season 8 of Hell's Kitchen already? Yes! Seems like just a month ago the last season came to a stunning conclusion and now we have season 8 of the series knocking on our door. I'm really looking forward to this season since it seems that every season of Hell's Kitchen offers some new and exciting little twist. I gotta remember to watch the season premier, it's looking like we'll have 14 chefs left by the end of the night :)

I was kind of surprised they're starting again so early.

I hope this season is as hilarious as the commercials are making it look.

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
I didn't really think last season was very good compared to the one before it so I have really high hopes here. And I don't want the double episodes any more, I want to savor it.

Larris

Barney Stinson!
YAY!! A new season of HK! I was as surprised as you when I found out that there's going to be a new season already. I don't live in the US so I haven't seen the commercials. But I think that it's going to be hilarious, as always :)

Torpoleon

With this, it looks Season 8 will end just before 2011.

I'm excited to see what Season 8 will bring. So far, it looks like there will be a lot of yelling tossing things, etc. this season. During dinner service, I hope Chef Ramsay still falcon punches the ceiling out of anger!

Seeing as how the premiere episode on Sept. 22, 2010 is a two hour premiere, I bet that means two chefs will be eliminated.

Shadow XD001

YAY!! A new season of HK! I was as surprised as you when I found out that there's going to be a new season already. I don't live in the US so I haven't seen the commercials. But I think that it's going to be hilarious, as always :)

There's a UK Version of Hell's Kitchen, the one for this thread is the US Version. The two are completely different, so stuff on here isn't about Hell's Kitchen UK.

I think there was a lot of Double Episodes in Season 7 because it started later then usual. Season 8 so far has one Double Episode confirmed, but there usually is a Double Episode on the first night of Hell's Kitchen. Things should be back to normal for this season after the first two episodes.

I miss Jean-Phillipe, but the new guy is okay. It always sucks to be the person replacing a favorite.

Antonia was WAYYY stressed, but I guess I would be freaked out too if Chef Ramsay threw up after eating my signature dish and then made everybody else taste it and get sick. I hope he gets rid of Sabrina and Raj soon and doesn't keep them around forever like he did with other idiots of seasons past, but I wasn't surprised he didn't kick them out this time around because of all the scenes of them yelling at people that haven't been shown yet. It really sucks for Curtis that he got kicked out for sushi. :/

And Boris, NEVER make fun of Ramsay... at least not where he can hear you. ;D

Waterpokes said:
The opening? What can I say? It seemed stupid in my eyes and just lame. Why can't they just do it the old way, like in Season 1-3, or at least a little more like Season 5. The opening was just terrible, I must say.

I thought it was stupid too. The part at the very end is funny though.

Torpoleon

Why the hell did they replace Jean Phillipe? He was awesome! James is going to take some getting used to.

Anyways, what happened with Antonia?It was Lisa & Curtis who also left, right? That leaves 13 Chefs left! So far, it will take a couple more episodes before I can find favorites.

Personally, I'm starting to like Masterchef better than Hell's Kitchen.......

Shadow XD001

Okay, I've updated the first post with the evicted the Chefs. Too bad I couldn't actually see Curtis be evicted, but I couldn't watch the first episode while it was airing, and on my DVR it didn't record the last 49 minutes (approximately)

WHY REPLACE JEAN-PHILLIPE??

Meh, I guess James is okay, but still.....

Anyway, from what I saw, I thought it was kind of weird that Antonia fainted and all, guess that'll probably be revealed in the next episodes. The only reason I like Sabrina is because she causes drama in Hell's Kitchen, but I definitely don't see her winning, of course. I thought it was very funny when Chef Ramsay told Emily to "Cover up her puppies". :D

Oh, also, I checked my TV Listing and it should another Double Episode next week, but also the week after that. Hopefully it will be back to normal later this season, or Season 9. (all thanks to Season 7 starting late)

Torpoleon

More double episodes? At least we get to the winner faster. If they wanted to end Season 8 before 2011, they didn't need all these double episodes. Excluding the premiere, if there were no double episodes, it would end in the final weeks of December 2010.

Anyway, from what I saw, I thought it was kind of weird that Antonia fainted and all, guess that'll probably be revealed in the next episodes. The only reason I like Sabrina is because she causes drama in Hell's Kitchen, but I definitely don't see her winning, of course. I thought it was very funny when Chef Ramsay told Emily to "Cover up her puppies". :D

Ramsay said right before the first elimination that Antonia wasn't going to return, so she's out of the competition.

Watching the women make their signature dishes is always funny, because they dress up to look nice... and then Ramsay tells them that they have to cook. So they're running around in a kitchen wearing a dress and high heels, tripping all over the place. :D I felt kind of bad for Emily but it was hilarious at the same time.

ZangooseLord

I'm a Chuckster!
Even though J.P. is gone (I get the feeling he asked Chef if he could take a break from this season), I'm just happy that Scott's still here. I like Scott; he really knows how to lay down the law.

I know who I really want to leave right now: Raj (there's something wrong with him; did he forget to take his medication or something?), Vinny (he was willing to sabotage his team because he didn't trust Raj; I can see why), Sabrina (she seems like a nasty mix of Lacey and Corey), and possibly Boris (he just seems like a shmuck to me).

As for those emergency vehicles in the promo, I am 99.9% confident that the chefs have to cook for firefighters like they did in Season 6. FOX really loves to fake us out like that.

Torpoleon

Even though J.P. is gone (I get the feeling he asked Chef if he could take a break from this season), I'm just happy that Scott's still here. I like Scott; he really knows how to lay down the law.

I know who I really want to leave right now: Raj (there's something wrong with him; did he forget to take his medication or something?), Vinny (he was willing to sabotage his team because he didn't trust Raj; I can see why), Sabrina (she seems like a nasty mix of Lacey and Corey), and possibly Boris (he just seems like a shmuck to me).

As for those emergency vehicles in the promo, I am 99.9% confident that the chefs have to cook for firefighters like they did in Season 6. FOX really loves to fake us out like that.
Yeah, Scott leaving would be weird. Andy is still here too, right?

Sabrina is annoying. She yawned during the signature dish challenge and is just a complete annoyance. With Boris, at least it was funny when he imitated Chef Ramsay.

Yeah, I thought that too. It's also annoying how the announcer says "It's a Hell's Kitchen you have to see to believe!" when most of the time, it isn't that amazing most of the time, although he probably says that just to build up hype for the next episode.

Larris

Barney Stinson!
I miss JP too! It's not the same without him. <333

I don't like the intro.. It's too much and weird imo..

Sabrina is really really annoying. Don't like her at all. Louis is my favourite, hope he gets far!

And yes, they always says something like "something you've never see, you have to see to believe, chocking hell's kitchen" in the end." And usually it's exaggerated, but it still fools me :)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Jean Phillipe was my favorite character on the show and now he's gone? I liked that he was dedictated to his job though; he really took pride in his work on the show. Scott is a total a-hole who I've seriously disliked since I started watching Hell's Kitchen and I wish they'd get rid of him instead of Jean Phillipe. I dislike the opening in this season of Hell's Kitchen too; it's just really disappointing. Everything else seems pretty generic at this point.

Last edited:

Nashua

shoosh.
Surprise: the midnight ambulance team was nothing at all. First episode boot: Raj | Second episode boot: Louis

from what I saw for the next preview, since the dudes were interacting with the special guests, that might mean that they lose the challenge. dunno. -shrugs-

I just wish that they would quit it with the gender-based teams. But it ain't gonna happen, I'm afraid.

Calling it now: Sabrina stays til they get the black jackets.

Torpoleon

Too bad Louis left. I thought he could have gotten farther. Eh, I live. Raj is gone too which s OK, I guess.

The drink spilling on Nona from the reward was hilarious. I was just cracking up!! I think double episodes are now how Hell's Kitchen will air.

"Trev may not have gotten lucky last night, but today both teams are hoping to score!"

I was praying during both eliminations that Ramsay would give Sabrina the boot, but then I remembered that I was watching Hell's Kitchen. At least Raj is gone. ;D

I don't really like Jillian much either (I find her voice and her allegiance with Sabrina annoying) but at least she's a decent cook. I facepalmed though when Ramsay said that the food someone tried to send out looked like Gandhi's flip-flop and Jillian said to the camera that Gandhi didn't even wear shoes because he lived in the jungle :rolleyes: It's too bad Louis left, because even though he messed up quite a bit that particular night, he's still better than some of the others there.

ZangooseLord

I'm a Chuckster!
Obviously, I'm not alone when I'm happy that Raj is gone. If he wasn't so worthless, it's safe to say he'd have been around for at least three more episodes.

Also, am i the only one who saw Jillian wearing Melissa's jacket at the beginning of the second part? (or maybe it was the first part; I can't remember)

I really don't like Trev that much simply because he's whiny. Dude, it does not matter if you got left in the dust, because you won the challenge for your team anyway. Put it behind you and move on. Oh, and because his performance in the kitchen has been unimpressive so far.