• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hellsing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

undisputed_seraphim

Does anyone here watch/like Hellsing? I love Hellsing!!!!

Is it true that Hellsing is going to have a sequel/prequel soon? The current anime ended with a cliffhanger, so I suppose there should be a sequel... *hopes for a sequel*

Shadowfaith

Shinigami...
No. It will be re-made only with elements from the manga instead. The Anime did not folow the manga and Kohta Hirano wasn't exactly thrilled with it, so the chances of a sequel is slim. But the ultimate OVA will follow the manga, starring characters such as the Major, Doc, Schrodinger, Rip van winkle, Pip and Captain Hans...really the whole Millenium cast as far as we know.

Anyways, I love Hellsing, more so the Manga than I do the Anime, but I hope that the OVA will change that.

screw the tv series. They are pretending that series didn't even exist. Now they can start fresh with the ova and trust me, the OVA will kick ***. Like Ookami said, The manga is great and hopefully the OVA live up to the expectations.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
The first OAV is already out in Japan, just to let you know. Fifty minutes of bloodshed. Have to love it.

If I'm not mistaken, the first one is due out by Geneon sometime this spring, along with the second OAV. Should be interesting to see how the sales turn out for it.

undisputed_seraphim

CAn't wait for it to come to s'pore...

HellKorn said:
The first OAV is already out in Japan, just to let you know. Fifty minutes of bloodshed. Have to love it.

If I'm not mistaken, the first one is due out by Geneon sometime this spring, along with the second OAV. Should be interesting to see how the sales turn out for it.

oh you didn't know that it got pulled back again till Feburary did ya? Other wise fansubb would been out already.

If you talking about for America then no. It's fall of 2006 when it might be release.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
That Scary Clefairy said:
oh you didn't know that it got pulled back again till Feburary did ya? Other wise fansubb would been out already.

Then why did I see a torrent for it at Tokyo Toshokan? o__0 And no, don't delete or edit this post, because I'm not actually giving the website to fansubs.

Meh, whatever. I'll check back with you on that later.

HellKorn said:
Then why did I see a torrent for it at Tokyo Toshokan? o__0 And no, don't delete or edit this post, because I'm not actually giving the website to fansubs.

Meh, whatever. I'll check back with you on that later.

It offically said Feburary 10.

Little_Pikachu

With Action Amusing!
Hellsing is one of the first animes I watched that sort of 'got me back into watching anime' after many years of not watching it so much, it was an awsome series, but if the new one follows the manga it'll be even more awsome, it's all like Alucard vs. Nazi's and stuff :}

Cipher

Nothing to be done
If you've only seen the anime, then be prepared for an entirely different (and much better if you can handle it) experience with the OVA. I suggest reading the manga now to avoid culture shock when the OVA comes out.

Cipher said:
If you've only seen the anime, then be prepared for an entirely different (and much better if you can handle it) experience with the OVA. I suggest reading the manga now to avoid culture shock when the OVA comes out.

Well DUH! :p lol

CM

HURRY HURRY HURRY
I loved the original anime series, though I'm still looking forward to the OVA.

I've read about one volume of the manga, and it was very nice for me, so I expect the OVA to be just as good.

undisputed_seraphim

The manga isn't in Singapore, for various reasons I don't know. I sure hope Chuangyi decides to publish it though. And of course, I'd wait for the OVA.

undisputed_seraphim said:
The manga isn't in Singapore, for various reasons I don't know. I sure hope Chuangyi decides to publish it though. And of course, I'd wait for the OVA.

That's cause Dark Horse, who liscensed it, only liscensed it for American audience. though you can order it online from their store.

undisputed_seraphim

Whoa. [OPINION]Dark Horse = Misers[/OPINION].

When was the OVA coming out again?

HK

Radiance of Shadows
undisputed_seraphim said:
Whoa. [OPINION]Dark Horse = Misers[/OPINION].

No, just no. Dark Horse is one of the best, and arguably the best English company that license and translates manga. Have you ever even read any of their works that they have put out? If not, then don't talk about something that you know nothing about. You can still go online and buy it from them, so don't try that BS.

I know that it is your opinion, but it's a ridiculous one.

When was the OVA coming out again?

Febuary as TSC said, as I discovered that it was only the trailer that was up at website.

Status
Not open for further replies.