• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Help a 23 year old return to Pokemon TCG

Hey guys!

Just taking this opportunity to introduce myself, my name is Adam, im 23, and i first started collecting Pokemon as a kid. I sort of "grew out of" pokemon when i was 12, slowly stopped by the cards and slowly stopped playing the games. When fire red came back out, i got back into playing the games, and about 4-5 years ago i got back into collecting the WOTC cards. I started a youtube channel along with this, iamnotlame. Since then ive been collecting the older cards regularly.

For some reason, i wanna get back into the card game now, but no very very little about it! Im based in the UK, and the closest official league to me is an hour and a halfs drive away (I live in the North East, about 40 minutes away from Newcastle).

So im looking at what I should be doing to get back into TCG. What series of cards should I be looking to buy, what resources do i need to check for decks, strategies, latest TCG news and so on.

I see this as a journey, and if it is of interest to you guys, would be happy to share my experiences of a noob learning on my blog, or through youtube videos. If no one is interested then I won't bother you with all of that haha.

So id like to say thank you to everyone in advance for helping me out!

Look forward to your replies guys!

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
Hmm, even though serebii is made up of like 2-4 format players in the tcg, you could stick here and help the community grow, however I'd have to say six prizes and pokebeach are the 2 biggest sites when it comes to getting to know deck structure, how to play and what to play. Youtube has lots of videos of tournaments and such, helps you figure out how to get the most out of you're decks and so on, PTCGO is also good, I have an account but don't play (what the only EX I have is 1 keldeo, that's just terrible). If you have any additional questions post and we'll answer.

idc about age, mainly cause I'm older then you and still just don't care, play the game you love, not the idea of others.

Hmm, even though serebii is made up of like 2-4 format players in the tcg, you could stick here and help the community grow, however I'd have to say six prizes and pokebeach are the 2 biggest sites when it comes to getting to know deck structure, how to play and what to play. Youtube has lots of videos of tournaments and such, helps you figure out how to get the most out of you're decks and so on, PTCGO is also good, I have an account but don't play (what the only EX I have is 1 keldeo, that's just terrible). If you have any additional questions post and we'll answer.

idc about age, mainly cause I'm older then you and still just don't care, play the game you love, not the idea of others.

Thanks for the response. Ive registered on those forums to. Tbh id love to stick around and try and help serebii TCG community grow. Anything I could do just lemme know. I have a youtube channel and website (i couldnt put them in my signature for some reason, or link becuase im a nooby) but my youtube is iamnotlame. I want to document my journey over on there, so if youd like to see any videos let me know and i'll make them.

Bleu

Shiny Catcher!
21 here and also from the UK. I'd recommend hopping over the the official TCGOnline for theme deck practice and just practice in general (especially when you have no one IRL to play it with outside the tourneys. Anyway, good luck to you. As C.S Lewis said, those who say something is childish are still children themselves. Enjoy what you love~

If you need a sparring partner on TCGO I can also help with that!

21 here and also from the UK. I'd recommend hopping over the the official TCGOnline for theme deck practice and just practice in general (especially when you have no one IRL to play it with outside the tourneys. Anyway, good luck to you. As C.S Lewis said, those who say something is childish are still children themselves. Enjoy what you love~

If you need a sparring partner on TCGO I can also help with that!

Awesome, how should i get started with pokemon tcg online? Ill deffo verse you!

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
Uhh, I'm pretty bad with youtube (other then listing to music, movie trailers, watching anime... I don't really use youtube at all), there is this guy from my league who says he gets crazy amounts of views for his booster pack pull videos. Outside of that I have no idea about youtube... But I do forums, just talk to us, hehehehe.

Uhh, I'm pretty bad with youtube (other then listing to music, movie trailers, watching anime... I don't really use youtube at all), there is this guy from my league who says he gets crazy amounts of views for his booster pack pull videos. Outside of that I have no idea about youtube... But I do forums, just talk to us, hehehehe.

Haha, yea some people do get crazy views for opening videos. You can check out my channel iamnotlame. Some of my videos have good views, but majority are just a few hundred.

Thanks for the help!

crobatman

25, and I still have my cards. I am not a card game player anymore. I most just collected them for the fun of it, and the value they had. I have only cards from up until the 3rd generation. I remember when trading cards was like the biggest thing in my adolescence. We did it so much in school, that it eventually got banned...

Swagsire

Heyy and welcome! Definently get started with PTCGO. It's the best source around to learn! I'm sure that myself and Ven can answer all your questions and butt heads at the same time! Qwaa ;195;

Vikings

Oracle
As someone who just recently re-entered the Pokemon TCG world, I can assure you it comes back quick! TCGO is definitely the best place to start. There's an interactive tutorial, which is rather slow, but is worth going through if it's been a while.

I still haven't gotten into the rl TCG since none of my remaining cards are legal anymore aside from energies.

Loving PTCGO.

I also got back into pokemon cards more for the collecting side of things.
Its just this past couple of weeks ive wanted to play the game again. As i have no friends who play, im relying purely on the online card game. Its great!

You can check my commentaries out on my youtube channel iamnotlame (i can't post a link due to low post count)