• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Help choosing Pokemon for BT

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Infernape also learns Close Combat at L41 XD
Only if you want it earlier on. But then you're entering the BT at L50 so yeah..
A lvl 35 Monferno can level up to 36 and it will tell you that Monferno is going to learn Close Combat, and then after you select yes or no it evolves in to Infernape. Wouldn't that be easier than not teaching it at lvl 36, but at lvl 41?

yhyiannis

Cosmic Sea
Porygon Z should have at least T-Bolt or Ice-Beam

I didn't put those moves on Porygon-Z because Milotic has Ice Beam and Medicham has ThunderPunch. I'm making my team able to take more types this way.

Choice Specs Recover? In BT? You shouldn't run Specs on Milotic anyway. Even with that set and EV spread, your better off with lefties. In place of Medacham you could have a mixed attacker. MixVire and MixApe work and cover Milotic's weaknesses.

Yeah I realized haha. Stupid mistake of mine, I changed it to Leftovers. Yeah now I'm stuck with choosing MixApe or Medicham. What you think?

If you go with randomspot555's suggestion of picking someone who can absorb status, Roserade, Altaria, Starmie and Blissey would do the job well.

Seeing you already has Milotic, Starmie would be playing the same role (except Thunderbolt). Roserade shares Flying weakness with Gallade/Medicham, and that leaves Blissey and Altaria. Altaria can go mixed as well, balancing the physical-special aspect of your team.

Unless you want Corsola :x

Nah I ended up giving the final spot to Porygon-Z.

Electivire @ Expert Belt / Life Orb
Nature: Lonely
EVs: 252 Atk / 80 SpA / 176 Spe
Moves:
Thunderbolt
Ice Punch
Cross Chop
Earthquake

Cross Chop is obtained by breeding a Machop with Cross Chop (learns at lvl 49) with an Electabuzz. Ice Punch comes from Hitmonchan (learns at lvl 25 or 26) with an Electabuzz. I forget how to get both Ice Punch and Cross Chop onto Electabuzz, so ask someone about that.

Infernape @ Life Orb
Nature: Naive
EVs: 252 SpA / 232 Spe / 24 Atk
Moves:
Flamethrower
Close Combat (monferno at lvl 36 before evolution)
Grass Knot
ThunderPunch / Stone Edge

Yeah I'd love an Electivire, but I can't get one because I don't have Fire Red haha.

This Infernape looks good though... So now I'm stuck inbetween choosing Infernape or Medicham. What do you think?

Okay I'm really having trouble choosing the Pokemon for the Battle Tower in Single Battles. I've got three Pokemon here. Milotic and Medicham are pretty much on the team already, but I'm having trouble choosing the last Pokemon.

Milotic (Modest) @Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Surf
-Ice Beam/Dragon pulse
-Hypnosis/Mirror coat
-Recover

Medicham (Adamant) @Choice Band
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Hi Jump Kick / Brick Break
-Psycho Cut
-Ice Punch
-ThunderPunch
Good

Porygon-Z (Timid) @Choice specs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-T-bolt
-Tri Attack
-Dark Pulse
-Ice beam
Try the Choice specs Porygon.You should still have boltbeam on Porygon-Z even if other pokeshave it because you would be screwed if your other pokes faints.

EDIT: I've edited this post. I've taken out Gallade and put in Porygon-Z. I also put Leftovers on Milotic.

My reason for this is that I cover many of the types. Ice Beam is not on Porygon-Z because it is already on Milotic and Thunder Bolt is not on Porygon-Z because Medicham has ThunderPunch. However, I do notice that I am missing Earthquake... Suggestions?
Changes in bold.

I can't get Hypnosis or Mirror Coat on Milotic, she's already been made and those are Egg Moves.

Yeah but what am I going to do with the lack of fire then?
Why not rebreed for a new milotic.You could replace Dark Pulse with Flamethrower but i wouldnt prefer Flamethrower coz your othe moves can deal with fire types.Give Porygon-Z Adaptability if you havent already.

yhyiannis

Cosmic Sea
Why not rebreed for a new milotic.You could replace Dark Pulse with Flamethrower but i wouldnt prefer Flamethrower coz your othe moves can deal with fire types.Give Porygon-Z Adaptability if you havent already.

I know this sounds stupid, but I really can't be bothered to do that all over again. Plus, Flamethrower is for the Steel, Grass, Bug, and Ice types. Not for the Fire types :p Yeah Porygon-Z will have Adaptability.

I know this sounds stupid, but I really can't be bothered to do that all over again. Plus, Flamethrower is for the Steel, Grass, Bug, and Ice types. Not for the Fire types :p Yeah Porygon-Z will have Adaptability.
Sorry i meant it should have download.(The one which boosts spatk)

yhyiannis

Cosmic Sea
Sorry i meant it should have download.(The one which boosts spatk)

Why download? It also boosts Attack sometimes. I don't want to have to rely on luck. If I have Adaptability then the STAB, Life Orb and Nasty Plot will make that almost unstoppable for Pokemon that don't resist Normal moves.