• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

HELP! Every Pokémon has Timid Nature

Kodyak

I have been hunting Absol for the last few days, but every time I catch one, it has Timid nature.
This is also the case with every Pokémon in the underground and overworld. While this may be great for certain Pokémon, it’s frustrating when hunting Pokémon who benefit from Adamant or Jolly Nature.

Is this happening to anyone else or does anyone know how to fix this?

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Is the Pokemon you're using to capture Absol one with the Synchronise ability? Pokemon with that ability have a 50% chance of causing any Pokemon encountered to have the same nature as them - a Timid Alakazam for example with Synchronise would mean any Absol you encounter and capture have a 50% chance of having a Timid nature as well.

If that's not the case... huh. (Un)lucky fluke I guess?

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Is the Pokemon you're using to capture Absol one with the Synchronise ability? Pokemon with that ability have a 50% chance of causing any Pokemon encountered to have the same nature as them - a Timid Alakazam for example with Synchronise would mean any Absol you encounter and capture have a 50% chance of having a Timid nature as well.

If that's not the case... huh. (Un)lucky fluke I guess?
As of Sw/Sh, Synchronize actually guarantees that wild Pokemon will have the same nature, so this is almost definitely what's happening. If I had to guess, OP most likely has the Mew you can receive for having a Let's Go save file in his first party slot, and it has a Timid nature.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I must admit, I ran into this issue because I put a Gardevoir into my story team. This Gardevoir has a Docile Nature and Synchronize, causing a lot of Pokémon I caught to have one too. She spent a lot of the game playing catch-up with the other party members, so she was often in the first slot.

It created some difficulties wth the NPC in Sunyshore City asking for Pokémon of different Natures.