• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

help for emerald team

andresballer03

SO im doing another runthrough of pokemon emerald. right now my team is as follows:

Pescado / Marshtomp
;259;
Lvl. 32
Water Gun
Mud Shot
Take Down
Bide

Portobello/ Breloom
;286;
Lvl. 32
Bullet seed (whats better this or giga drain? plz help)
leech seed
headbutt
mach punch

Bolts/ Magneton
;082;
Lvl. 32
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Supersonic
Sonic Boom

Screech/ Crobat
;169;
Lvl. 33
Bite
Wing Attack
Confuse Ray
Astonish

Amplifier/ Loudred
;294;
Lvl. 32
Strength
Uproar
Supersonic
Howl

Currently five gyms, heading towards the sixth on the route with the weather institute. i need help for final movesets, as well as a decent moveset for my sixth pokemon (vulpix). any advice? tips? also i really need to know how bullet seed works and see what would be better for breloom.

arceus03

Swampert
~ Surf / Hydro Pump
~ Ice Beam
~ Earthquake
~ Return

Crobat
~ Shadow Ball
~ Sludge Bomb
~ Wing Attack
~ Return / Steel Wing

Giga Drain or Bullet Seed would both be really weak on Breloom due to his low SAtk, but all in all Giga Drain would be slightly better. It does have PP problem though. I would stick to physical moves on Breloom. Sky Uppercut, Return, Sludge Bomb are examples. You can also go with Substitute / Focus Punch / Leech Seed / Return. Set up a sub and throw Focus Punches.

Portobello, nice name. :p

Joshblue02

decent last pokemon would be
snorunt
ice beam
hail
blizzard
crunch

OR

shuppet
shadow ball
will o wisp
faint attack
toxic/phychic/thief/snatch

whichever you prefer

Swagsire

decent last pokemon would be
snorunt
ice beam
hail
blizzard
crunch

OR

shuppet
shadow ball
will o wisp
faint attack
toxic/phychic/thief/snatch

whichever you prefer

He said he's taking vulpix. I suggest tutoring ice punch on loudred, if you insist on keeping him Qwaa ;195;

andresballer03

i did ice bea on loudred, since it has a higher special attack due to its mild nature

Kittens~

Pearl Stalker
Vulpix/Ninetales is a really underused pokemon in Emerald. Since I've used it for a while on my team, I guess I can help a bit.

Flamethrower/Fire Blast
Quick Attack
Confuse Ray
Will-O-Wisp

This is assuming that you don't egg-move breed it. It's not the best of movesets, but I find that moveset a really good lead. You could choose either Flamethrower or Fire Blast, substituting accuracy for power with the latter. Quick Attack can work with it's amazing Speed in tight places. When in doubt, status your opponent. I've literally gone through Wallace with just my Ninetales (Vulpix at the time) by confusing than burning. Imprison could work for countering Pheobe, if you want to use it for that part of the Elite Four. I've also had Grudge on my Ninetales, good for taking out a strong move on a pokemon when you're gonna faint anyway. Also, for an item I would suggest Shell Bell, Charcoal or Leftovers. If you intend to look for a certain nature/EV train I would suggest going Defensive. It helps counter the Ground moves, while if a Water type shows up, you can switch to your Breloom.

Metalhead9838772

Fearless Trainer
Vulpix (Ninetales)
Flamethrower
Will-O-Wisp
Toxic
Dig

I ran this setup in Emerald and was one of my best Pokemon.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Crobat can run Sludge Bomb / Aerial Ace / Toxic / Confuse Ray.

Use Brick Break / Return / Earthquake / Shadow Ball on Exploud.